Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More variety in end game gear, please!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
More variety in end game gear, please!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Agemnon
02.20.2012 , 11:07 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by halfhourofpower View Post
So many capes, too many! Every endgame piece of gear is the same model of gear recoloured! Sith warrior has fancy differences in tier but not us, why?! As a smuggler I get a cape and a cowboy hat. Always. What, no. I want cool civilian clothes that aren't over the top. Give us variety! Good heavens, I'm so sick of capes and fedora's. RAARRRRGHH. The next tier of gear had better not have anything even remotely similar to a cape and cowboy hat or I swear to god.
While I like the cowboy look I'm tired of seeing power and accuracy on the gear. I'd like to keep my current crit + surge level (since I'm near the soft cap) while adding power, not replacing the crit + surge entirely with only a paltry amount from the scattergun and pants.

Quinlynn
02.20.2012 , 06:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
From patch 1.2, any orange (custom) appearance in the game will be viable for endgame purposes. Of course there'll be new outfits as well - so these changes together should lead to a very significant amount of variation in endgame, for all classes.
Sorry and your idea of diversity is not going to work for the simple fact that Orange Gear with mods will always be < PVP Gear.

Give us an appearance tab and allow a player to use any wearables of choice for appearance. Then we will have diversity.

TheBigGregski
02.20.2012 , 08:34 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by xaviyago View Post
I'm seriously considering an update to my gunslinger's RP background. Now that he wears a cape and Julia-Roberts-Pretty-Woman-****** thigh-high boots, I'm thinking about roleplaying him as "Captain Classless" or "Prince Pimp" or "Super Sleazebag" or something more fitting the ridiculous outfit he's forced to wear now that's he's level 50..
Please, PLEASE do NOT complain about how you look, I'm a Consular... Nuff said

AlienHack
02.21.2012 , 01:41 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Quinlynn View Post
Sorry and your idea of diversity is not going to work for the simple fact that Orange Gear with mods will always be < PVP Gear.

Give us an appearance tab and allow a player to use any wearables of choice for appearance. Then we will have diversity.
then we will have a "Barbie dress up game"
one of the points of playing pve heroics-flashpoints etc is to get loot and not only because of their stats BUT their looks too!!
i love it when i go through a flashpoint from which i dont expect any new/stronger gear to drop BUT then i get a similar to my current gear item BUT whith different design (color etc)

one of the point of searching for armors in pve and also going to Global marketplace is to find better looking armors than your current one, even if they are the same-similar stats.

if we get "an appearance tab and allow a player to use any wearables of choice for appearance" then the whole point of armor searching either in PVE or Marketplace will be gone

Hendriix
02.21.2012 , 08:27 AM | #25
This is awesome. I can keep my Shadow in her 'Republic Dancer's Top' now. Nothing like eating a face full of lightsaber from a pretty much topless alien girl.

JaxinRiens
02.21.2012 , 09:49 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Quinlynn View Post

You are bent..... in 1.2 we can remove the pvp armoring which has the expertise rating on it. This means your orange aspiring jedi knights chest can have the same stats as a battlemaster chest and still give the set bonus.

Reading comprehension on these forums leaves much to be desired.
Jaexin Riens :: Drakenus::Caenen Riens:: Daxcen Riens:ycen Riens::Reyla::Licena::Hark'Feyd'Ruatha::Kirynae Riens
"Those without power seek to gain it, those with power seek to exploit it,those without want of power are dead." Darth Maladus

Xelestial_Dragon
02.21.2012 , 02:33 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by JaxinRiens View Post
You are bent..... in 1.2 we can remove the pvp armoring which has the expertise rating on it. This means your orange aspiring jedi knights chest can have the same stats as a battlemaster chest and still give the set bonus.

Reading comprehension on these forums leaves much to be desired.
Yeah I was reading his complaint like what??? Didn't someone JUST a page ago says they will be able to be EXACTLY equal.

Anyway, great news since I just hit 50 and love mixing and matching custom gear to look unique.

TrouserGnome
02.21.2012 , 07:45 PM | #28
I'm so happy about this. Now I can find armor without the stupid mudflaps (what the heck is up with the stupid half skirt on trooper armor?!)

I played a trooper so I didn't have to wear a skirt!

ForlornHope
02.21.2012 , 08:14 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TrouserGnome View Post
I'm so happy about this. Now I can find armor without the stupid mudflaps (what the heck is up with the stupid half skirt on trooper armor?!)

I played a trooper so I didn't have to wear a skirt!
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kama

Darieltis
02.21.2012 , 09:21 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by xaviyago View Post
I'm seriously considering an update to my gunslinger's RP background. Now that he wears a cape and Julia-Roberts-Pretty-Woman-****** thigh-high boots, I'm thinking about roleplaying him as "Captain Classless" or "Prince Pimp" or "Super Sleazebag" or something more fitting the ridiculous outfit he's forced to wear now that's he's level 50.
You could always get inspiration from the ship captain in Stardust...
No, try not! Do, or do not. There is no try!
~Yoda