Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More variety in end game gear, please!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
More variety in end game gear, please!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Findulidas
02.19.2012 , 09:25 AM | #11
Read the Q&A people!
Quote:
Bobonar: Will we be able to take the modifications out of our endgame pvp-sets and put them into a set that we like better (design-wise) and keep the bonuses?

Emmanuel Lusinchi: Yes, the set bonus will be carried by Armoring mods that work just like regular mods except that they only fit into specific types of items, such as chest items or boots items. So, for example, the set bonus from a chest piece can be moved to another chest piece, and the set bonus from a helmet can be moved to another helmet.
The point is to actually locate an issue not just vent your frustrations, no one wants your frustrations, they dont help in the slightest.

xpactor
02.19.2012 , 05:15 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by skaidar View Post
While I love some orange gear, I don't think I will look serious enough with the same chest armor I have from 20lvl..... I need something more epic for 50lvl, that will cry loud hey I am 50lvl! And I dont want to wear coats, I am a smuggler, a star wars character, NOT A DAMN COWBOY
ok then how bout a costume like han solo.

mockowftw
02.19.2012 , 07:05 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by xpactor View Post
ok then how bout a costume like han solo.
They already have that.

Mapex
02.19.2012 , 10:59 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Findulidas View Post
Read the Q&A people!
YES! Someone told me this in game today but to see a dev confirm it just made me wet my pants! WOOT! YES! HUZZAH! HOORAY!
Streamlining Cover to be More User-Friendly and Intuitive
Improving the Adv. Prototype/Tactics Tree
Imperial: Mapex (PT) | Jerro (Sorcerer) | Khallus (SM) | Vinegarstrokes (Operative)
Republic: Mapekz (GS) | Khallas (JG) | Ammon (Shadow) | Bobbumman (Commando)

VincentWolf
02.20.2012 , 02:22 AM | #15
Finally I can stop looking like one of those hundreds of same-looking troopers in pvp gear. Simple white pants from like lvl 15 or so are still the best, especially on "dat *****"

hamsterboom
02.20.2012 , 03:36 AM | #16
i want a whole lot of sets in game.

i don't mean sets i mean designs from drops as i run round and i look excatly the same as the next random person of my class.

i know they wanted you to look like your class but would a little variety help, how many inquisitors i've seem opf various levels with the same designed cloaks, belts, helms..

same with jedi's yes some has some armor on it but ... they are all clones.. same looking from one to the next, why not have diffrent color robes at least.

nmot every inquisitor wants to look black/red while leveling i bleedin' well don't
Millacano - Sith Sorcerer
Picked a USA server as EU populations are bassicly dead.

me_unknown
02.20.2012 , 06:25 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Mapex View Post
Just to clarify: are you simply restating that mods in end game set gear can be taken out and put into orange gear?

If so, what about the gear's set bonuses? Are there plans to put the set bonuses on the mods instead of the armor pieces themselves so we can port the bonuses over to orange gear?

If not, I'm not sure how viable orange gear will be for end game even with removable mods from end game gear.
i can't talk for all classes but for some of them the set boni are absurdly useless. the pve set ones are totally a waste for my sage and the 2 items set bonus of the pvp one is just a nice gimmick. i would prefer looking good.

me_unknown
02.20.2012 , 06:28 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by SmoothC View Post
The game is supposed to be more about PVE than PVP though. Getting tired of PVP changes constantly screwing up the PVE scene, and frankly expertise should offset PVE gear by alot since it gives such large bonus's for PVP combat.
1. why should it be more pve than pvp? considering that the pvp forums is more active and you find faster people for pvp-ing than for a 4 man fp i doubt most people agree with you

2. you ALWAYS need to blance first for pvp, no matter if the game is firstly pve intended or not! ther eason is simple: you can easily fix any pve balance issues caused by pvp changes in the Enviroment (the E in pvE). but you cannot do this for pvp!

never ever take pve into account when considering pvp changes. you can fix any issues pve related elsewhere but you can't fix pvp changes elswhere but on the classes and their dynamics!

Laurreth
02.20.2012 , 06:28 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by SmoothC View Post
The game is supposed to be more about PVE than PVP though. Getting tired of PVP changes constantly screwing up the PVE scene, and frankly expertise should offset PVE gear by alot since it gives such large bonus's for PVP combat.
That goes both ways, and PvE can be fun without escalating gear to kingdom come (even more so, since it keeps "lower-end" content challenging).

Noyjitat
02.20.2012 , 09:58 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
From patch 1.2, any orange (custom) appearance in the game will be viable for endgame purposes. Of course there'll be new outfits as well - so these changes together should lead to a very significant amount of variation in endgame, for all classes.
What about set bonuses? I worked really hard to get my pve sets and can't stand the appearance of the armor. Are you attaching the setbonuses to the armoring? Something like Columi warleader gloves on the gloves armoring or tionese warleader greaves on the leggings armoring.

If customization doesn't include porting over sets, then I'm still kinda screwed...

edit: Oh I see, good... good...