Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vader vs Revan

_Zorth_
02.19.2012 , 02:36 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by havok_bloodcraft View Post
Revan and Vader are the same person. At least from an archetypal standpoint.

Was a Powerful Jedi. Check
Was a Powerful Sith. Check
Became Good again. Check

If you look at Revan's story vs Vader's story objectively you would see the effectively are the same person just in a different set of circumstances in a different time.

Revan was made to be like Vader.

And seriously quit accusing everyone that doesn't buy into all that dbz bs post rotj of being a revan fanboy. lucas has in film and in games setup a realm of what people could do with the force. Palpatine using lightning was the best sith power ever manifested in these examples. GL setup the rules that only the weak minded could be force persuaded even people as powerful as yoda and palpatine had to deal with that as a solid rule of existence that is why he couldn't just brainwash luke galen or vader to follow him blindly and why he couldn't brainwash the rebel leaders into turning over their friends. but in a book palpatine erased the memories of an entire planet which we know at least some of them were not weak minded. a majority of the post rotj books read like DBZ instead of star wars I beleive that the force never granted that kind of power or the mandolorians would not have been a match for any jedi or sith but throughout history regular people killed jedi/sith like the clones did with order 66. The people who became one with the force were ghosts that couldn't interfere. that was the GL version of more powerful than you can imagine.

And No We Don't Want to Read The Dark Empire Series Because We could Watch Hundreds of Episodes of Dragonball and Get the Gist of it.

Then what are you trying to argue?
The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

Girdeux
02.19.2012 , 02:57 PM | #42
All of the novels were terrible with exception of the novelizations of the movies and shadows of the empire. Everything else was garbage. I enjoyed kotor not because of revan but because I got a lightsaber and could play a star wars game. I have played every star wars game. I have not and would not read those trashy novels. I read the wokiepedia on palpatine vader luke revan vitiate galen marek and so on to see what they could do and what was considered g canon and c canon and from that decided those books would be a waste of time for anyone to read. I have a friend with a genius level intelect that finished high school at 12 I brought this up to him and he had no experience with anything not in the movies but I had him read all the info on wookiepedia about Vader and Revan and he says based solely on the information there he would say revan wins.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vader for vader

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan for revan
LOL..........Revan doesnt stand a chance buddy, I dont care what your friend with a "genius level intelect" says. Vader lived in the time when Jedi/Sith were at their peak and very close/equal to Yoda who IS confirmed to be the strongest jedi ever pre-luke. These Vs threads get old, seriously.

havok_bloodcraft
02.19.2012 , 07:08 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
LOL..........Revan doesnt stand a chance buddy, I dont care what your friend with a "genius level intelect" says. Vader lived in the time when Jedi/Sith were at their peak and very close/equal to Yoda who IS confirmed to be the strongest jedi ever pre-luke. These Vs threads get old, seriously.
Wrong it is a canon fact that the jedi were weaker in this time than almost any other having not been tested in their lifetimes. yoda was the only one who may have had real experience fighting a sith ever before ep 1. the jedi of that time period were weak and nothing more than glorified cops. eg they failed to sense sideous while he was in the same room and lost to clone troopers meanwhile in the old republic the jedi exterminated the mandolorians who were as well trained as the clones were. I'll give that boba fett personally may have been better. but the other clones weren't.

AKfourtyseven
02.19.2012 , 07:42 PM | #44
Mmm, i really find it hard to take alot of the hype about Vader. Lets look at it properly...

Young Vader lost to Obi. Obi was not as powerful as Yoda (otherwise he would have been sent to kill Palp), yet was able to defeat Vader. As a result, Vader loses half his body and thus a huge potential of power.

It would seem to me that despite all this "potential" talk the following is obviously true:

Palp > Yoda > Obi > Vader.

Given that, i have real issues placing Vader above Revan, i think it would come down to which version of Vader. Pre-Obi beating Vader? Might be a contest and who knows. Post? Meh, too much damage to those mechanical parts and the fight is over.

Edit: And before people throw facts about the Chosen One's potential, again, potential doesnt win fights and this is about who would win in a 1v1

havok_bloodcraft
02.19.2012 , 09:03 PM | #45
Maybe mandolorians can decide this Vader had blaster deflecting armor and fought 1 mandolorian to a draw. Revan wore cloth robes and killed hundreds. Hmmmm?

MajinEddie
02.19.2012 , 09:22 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by MajinEddie View Post
Force crush vaders breathing box and fights over. Most ppl in vaders time were really stupid. They let palpatine play them all. Mace even knew aniken was haveing a hard time with that fight and he still went all crazy on palp. What a dumbas. Revans far beyound the fools of that time. He would look at vaders slow stupid looking self. Then look at his ***** helm. Lol a bit. Then forcecrush his breathing box. Fight over. Revan takes a nap.
Just a reminder.

BrandonSM
02.19.2012 , 11:25 PM | #47
Wrong it is a canon fact that the jedi were weaker in this time than almost any other having not been tested in their lifetimes. yoda was the only one who may have had real experience fighting a sith ever before ep 1. the jedi of that time period were weak and nothing more than glorified cops. eg they failed to sense sideous while he was in the same room and lost to clone troopers meanwhile in the old republic the jedi exterminated the mandolorians who were as well trained as the clones were. I'll give that boba fett personally may have been better. but the other clones weren't.
No...?

GL has stated that the Golden Age of the Jedi was TCW Era.

And if you don't want to acknowledge GL statements then I'll just point out a few veyr Powerful Jedi during the TCW Era

Obi-Wan
Yoda
Anakin
Mace
Plo Koon
Aayla Secura

Just a few at the top of my head.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

BrandonSM
02.19.2012 , 11:26 PM | #48
Maybe mandolorians can decide this Vader had blaster deflecting armor and fought 1 mandolorian to a draw. Revan wore cloth robes and killed hundreds. Hmmmm?
Hmmmmmmmmmm? Vader was fighting the greatest bounty hunter and greatest Mandalore SW has ever seen.

Mando's aren't that great considered Ahsoka Tano Beheaded 4 of them at the same time with ease.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

BrandonSM
02.19.2012 , 11:29 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by MajinEddie View Post
Just a reminder.
Yeah destroy Vader's voice box with the Force.

Yeah break Revan's neck with the Force. Their just about equal.

BrandonSM
02.19.2012 , 11:32 PM | #50
All of the novels were terrible with exception of the novelizations of the movies and shadows of the empire. Everything else was garbage. I enjoyed kotor not because of revan but because I got a lightsaber and could play a star wars game. I have played every star wars game. I have not and would not read those trashy novels. I read the wokiepedia on palpatine vader luke revan vitiate galen marek and so on to see what they could do and what was considered g canon and c canon and from that decided those books would be a waste of time for anyone to read. I have a friend with a genius level intelect that finished high school at 12 I brought this up to him and he had no experience with anything not in the movies but I had him read all the info on wookiepedia about Vader and Revan and he says based solely on the information there he would say revan wins.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vader for vader

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan for revan
You do know that Wookieepedia gets all of its info from The Novels right?