Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vader vs Revan

Castiel
12.27.2012 , 05:45 PM | #381
Opinions. Fact is, one can never know. Besides, there are THOUSANDS of variables to consider in ANY <insert name here> VS <insert name here> in the Star Wars universe.
For the Jawa's sake, Boba Fett could've killed Vader once. Doesn't make him more powerful, now does it? Jango Fett had the upperhand on Kenobi, and was beating him too. Does that make Jango more powerful than Kenobi ? Nope, it doesn't. You must consider the variables at play in any given matchup, and THAT'S what you (The canon-club) cannot for the life of you understand. Manchester United is technically the "best" football team in the world, does that mean they will beat ANY team, EVERY time? Nope, history has taugth us that much. Same rules apply here.

Wolfninjajedi
12.27.2012 , 05:52 PM | #382
Quote: Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
Opinions. Fact is, one can never know. Besides, there are THOUSANDS of variables to consider in ANY <insert name here> VS <insert name here> in the Star Wars universe.
For the Jawa's sake, Boba Fett could've killed Vader once. Doesn't make him more powerful, now does it? Jango Fett had the upperhand on Kenobi, and was beating him too.
What? What did you watch/read? Cause I remember both Jango and Boba got their asses kicked, and it was only due to special circumstances that they even survived.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Castiel
12.27.2012 , 06:02 PM | #383
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
What? What did you watch/read? Cause I remember both Jango and Boba got their asses kicked, and it was only due to special circumstances that they even survived.
Does that change the fact that Boba nearly killed Vader? He landed a blasterbolt in his FOREHEAD. Does that NOT count ?

And no ****, special circumstances. That's what I've been telling you all along ; Circumstances DO count !

Wolfninjajedi
12.27.2012 , 06:07 PM | #384
Does that change the fact that Boba nearly killed Vader? He landed a blasterbolt in his FOREHEAD. Does that NOT count ?

And no ****, special circumstances. That's what I've been telling you all along ; Circumstances DO count !
Yes and all that did was knock Vader to the ground...I don't see how Boba almost killed him. In truth, that fight should have never even taken place.

Castiel
12.27.2012 , 06:10 PM | #385
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Yes and all that did was knock Vader to the ground...I don't see how Boba almost killed him.
A blasterbolt to the forehead would probably be the hint.

Wolfninjajedi
12.27.2012 , 06:11 PM | #386
A blasterbolt to the forehead would probably be the hint.
He didn't seemed phased by the shot at all, all the shot did was knock him back. His helmet is made out of durasteel and other strong materials you know, as is the rest of his armor.

ReiKai
12.27.2012 , 07:47 PM | #387
I've said it a number of times now, and it will always ring true.

Plot and Circumstance can Kill Anyone

It's that simple.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

DreksOrden
12.27.2012 , 08:48 PM | #388
How about we think of the fact that vader was a glorified whiny force using cyborg who was defeated by 1 sith lord (who I say was less powerful than vitiate (another time another thread)) and revan is a ****** who survived being fired at by an entire barage of lasers, a planetary extinction event (save the rakghouls), a gigantic mega bomb on malachor V, survived for 3 hundred years while actually influencing vitiate into thinking temporary peace was in his best interest, and was only killed after 2 sith lords, a cipher agent, and the grand champion of the great hunt tracked him down and may not have even killed him (wheres the corpse Bioware?) after facing lightning, meteores, and a mastery of saber combat. ok i give vader credit for being a saber master too but still it took much more to kill revan than vader who died essentially from circuit overload and suffocation.

Revan>Vader

mefit
12.27.2012 , 10:05 PM | #389
Vader's well known loses include
Obi-Wan , even when warning Anakin of what he was going to do Anakin still leaped in.
***Obi-Wan's death is largely because he gave his life so Luke and friends could get away ......***
Starkiller x2
Luke Skywalker....................barely trained compared to the Golden Age Jedi
Count Dooku
I like Anakin alot , but I am sick of people trying to down play Obi-Wans win, seen it so manytimes in this thread it is unreal/
Vader is not a God , that was ended when he let his EGO control him and he could not listen to someone saying "Hey if you come at me , I am going to cut off both your legs and your Good Arm " !

Would he beat Revan ?
Yes !
Why?
Because Lucas said he was the best ! Now I respect Lucas even though he no longer controls StarWars , but not even Leland Chee himself has said who is better or not than Revan . This Topic of all these ForceUsers vs Revan is plastered across many Forums and threads , not just SWTORs forums .
So if Leland Chee has not brought no light to it why do people keep saying who could or could not beat Revan and claim to use Canon Stats ? Not even Canon says Revan was a Average Jedi/Sith/ForceUser , it really says that he was one of the greats of the Old Republic .

These Debats about Revan are silly , because LucasArts/Films decided to keep Revan mostly a Secret . Not even Drew can stop them from Adding Canon Abilities/skills and everything we do not know about him.
So those who constantly batter Revan do it with lack of knowledge .
In the Army you are told to never doubt the skill of a unknown. Thats what we are told in Reality . On the SWTOR forums we are told because there is little to know about his abilities we must discard his achievements as they do not hold water without known abilities.

Plo Koon was killed by a Clone Trooper with no Force Abilities or skills , yet Aurbere will tell you that he was one of the Greatest Jedi of all time ! Which he is .
Revan might have been killed to 2 Sithlords who are great on their own right and Opertive and Bounty Hunter who also are legends . (the whole lv of the Flashpoint thought is retarded , Soon we will have 50-55 Story Modes and Hard Modes . I really doubt we want to say Malgus would be less than those fights because of Lvling in the game. Or even the Emperor who dies at the end of the Class Mission for the Jedi Knight who can be beaten 45lv. I waited till 50 to kill the Emperor because I wanted to Steam Roll him.)

^ So with that said , who seems greater ?
Meetra Surik died in a fight more epic than Plo Koon .........

So Aurbere I say if Plo Koon was great , so was Revan equally or if not greater .

Until Leland Chee or Some other top head to StarWars Lore / Editor says anything to whom would win , these fights hold no water and have no ground to stand .
Revan will by Canon be known as a Great Force User/ Warrior/ General / Hero / Villian / Hero again of his LIFE TIME ! All 300+ years of it !

Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

Aurbere
12.27.2012 , 10:38 PM | #390
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
So Aurbere I say if Plo Koon was great , so was Revan equally or if not greater .

Depends on what you mean by "greater". Accomplishments-wise: Revan. He fought in two wars and challenged the Sith Emperor himself.

Power-wise: I don't want to get into it...

Trying to mellow out the topic over here...

Edit: And dying in an unspectacular way is not indicative of the power said person holds. Look at Sidious.
Added Chapter 40 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus