Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vader vs Revan

Aurbere
12.26.2012 , 11:29 AM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by buttjammerrump View Post
Revan hands down. Vader is just a push over. Lol dies to force lightning..come on.

Revan would simply look at vader and laugh, then say. Good day!
Actually Vader would be doing the laughing... if he could.

We've been over this people. Vader wins hands down. Revan hasn't defeated anyone of the same caliber as the Jedi and Sith that Vader/Anakin Skywalker has beaten.

He defeated Count Dooku, the greatest Makashi practitioner of all time. He defeated Cin Drallig, the Jedi Order's Battlemaster (note that he was the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order when it was at its prime). He has defeated several Jedi Masters in battle, as well as many other Jedi. Vader is THE Jedi Killer.

Let's face facts. Both Count Dooku and Cin Drallig would hand Revan his backside. Vader would destroy him.
Added Chapter 41 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
12.26.2012 , 11:33 AM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Actually Vader would be doing the laughing... if he could.

We've been over this people. Vader wins hands down. Revan hasn't defeated anyone of the same caliber as the Jedi and Sith that Vader/Anakin Skywalker has beaten.

He defeated Count Dooku, the greatest Makashi practitioner of all time. He defeated Cin Drallig, the Jedi Order's Battlemaster (note that he was the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order when it was at its prime). He has defeated several Jedi Masters in battle, as well as many other Jedi. Vader is THE Jedi Killer.

Let's face facts. Both Count Dooku and Cin Drallig would hand Revan his backside. Vader would destroy him.
Actually he can laugh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...z4bB2BA#t=565s
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Scutum
12.26.2012 , 11:40 AM | #323
I know that as soon as I say this I'm going to be thrown into the same catagory as the other fanatic Revan fans, but I truly do believe that Revan would win in the end of a brutal battle. And here's why:

1. Combat mobility:

-Vader just isn't that mobile anymore. When Darth Maul was resurrected and they got in their little fight, Maul was able to run circles around Vader and do some damage. Yes Vader won in the end, but it was a combination of his own recklessness/self-hatred and Maul's own overconfidence that led to it.

-In a fight with Revan, Darth Vader would have to deal with an opponent who is quick (most likely not as agile as Maul, but still) and doesn't have the same arrogance that has led to Maul's multiple defeats. Vader is meant to be a tank, able to withstand attacks from multiple foes while destroying them one by one (like that group of Jedi he found and killed), but against a high-class opponent it's not as effective.

2. The force/Psychological factors:

-Yes, Darth Vader is a being that was born of the force, but one of his many great tragedies is that he never reached his full potential. Even Palpatine said that Vader's power was drastically weakened by the very self-hatred that is claimed to be a strength of his. It was why Vader was only 80% near the emperor's power instead of the demi-god he could have been, and it's for that reason that the emperor wanted to replace him so badly (which he definitely tried at least 2 or 3 times).

-Revan is quite a powerful force-user on his own, so I believe that he would be able to at least survive Vader's powerful abilities. Say what you will, but Revan is a top-tier opponent that could give Vader a run for his money with his raw force power and martial skill, which means that he could most likely at least partially withstand Vader's crushing force abilities.

-On the topic of force lightning yes Palpatine was the absolute best at it, but I feel that lightning from any force-user would at least ruin his suit and lead to his eventual death (even if it was a while after the fight). If he wasn't allowed to even use the ability because it would damage his suit, imagine such an attack coming from Revan.
----------
A Vader who reached his potential would defeat Revan with no problem, but once again that this is just another one of his tragic downfalls. These are just my thoughts on the matter, and I hope that I didn't come across as a Revan fanboy. The fanboy part of my heart is dedicated to Kyle Katarn.
<--------------------------------------------------->
"This is all very interesting, but why should I care?"
―Kyle Katarn

Aurbere
12.26.2012 , 11:48 AM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Well look at that, he can laugh!
Added Chapter 41 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
12.26.2012 , 11:56 AM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by Scutum View Post
I know that as soon as I say this I'm going to be thrown into the same catagory as the other fanatic Revan fans, but I truly do believe that Revan would win in the end of a brutal battle. And here's why:

1. Combat mobility:

-Vader just isn't that mobile anymore. When Darth Maul was resurrected and they got in their little fight, Maul was able to run circles around Vader and do some damage. Yes Vader won in the end, but it was a combination of his own recklessness/self-hatred and Maul's own overconfidence that led to it.

-In a fight with Revan, Darth Vader would have to deal with an opponent who is quick (most likely not as agile as Maul, but still) and doesn't have the same arrogance that has led to Maul's multiple defeats. Vader is meant to be a tank, able to withstand attacks from multiple foes while destroying them one by one (like that group of Jedi he found and killed), but against a high-class opponent it's not as effective.

2. The force/Psychological factors:

-Yes, Darth Vader is a being that was born of the force, but one of his many great tragedies is that he never reached his full potential. Even Palpatine said that Vader's power was drastically weakened by the very self-hatred that is claimed to be a strength of his. It was why Vader was only 80% near the emperor's power instead of the demi-god he could have been, and it's for that reason that the emperor wanted to replace him so badly (which he definitely tried at least 2 or 3 times).

-Revan is quite a powerful force-user on his own, so I believe that he would be able to at least survive Vader's powerful abilities. Say what you will, but Revan is a top-tier opponent that could give Vader a run for his money with his raw force power and martial skill, which means that he could most likely at least partially withstand Vader's crushing force abilities.

-On the topic of force lightning yes Palpatine was the absolute best at it, but I feel that lightning from any force-user would at least ruin his suit and lead to his eventual death (even if it was a while after the fight). If he wasn't allowed to even use the ability because it would damage his suit, imagine such an attack coming from Revan.
----------
A Vader who reached his potential would defeat Revan with no problem, but once again that this is just another one of his tragic downfalls. These are just my thoughts on the matter, and I hope that I didn't come across as a Revan fanboy. The fanboy part of my heart is dedicated to Kyle Katarn.
1. The combat mobility is irrelevant here, being that Vader took on faster and younger opponents then him and still won. He was actually equal with Maul in their fight, until he cut Maul's saber in two thus he resorted to Jar'kai style which Vader had little defense against.

2. Being 80% of Sidious's power, is still far stronger then any other Jedi/Sith before him(including Yoda). He may have not reached his potential sure, but he still grew in power. Some of his feats include

1. Intense resistance to pain, he was stabbed with both a viroblade and a lightsaber in the chest on two occassions and thought nothing of it.

2. Can make Force Barriers.

3. He survived collapsing an entire Cathedral on himself for days.

4. He defeated An'ya Kuro who was able to phase through objects and actually teleport.

5. Defeated a group of jedi(a couple of them masters) who ambushed him on Kessel.

3. Again with the lighting, Vader isn't just gonna stand there and let it hit him. He can block it with his saber, he already has tanked lighting from Galen. So....I don't see how Revan's lighting would really affect him.
===

There is more I am sure, but I don't have all his feats at the moment will try to get some. Unless someone else has the feats, and can put them up.

ReiKai
12.26.2012 , 11:59 AM | #326
The talk of a characters potential has always been rather meaningless to me. Given enough time, any Force User could become as powerful, if not moreso, than Vader or Sidious. Vader's was claimed as 2x Sid's. Revan's in KotoR was said to be unlimited. If we went by such statements, then technically Revan could become the most powerful Force User ever, if he'd had the time to continue building power.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Castiel
12.26.2012 , 01:43 PM | #327
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai View Post
The talk of a characters potential has always been rather meaningless to me. Given enough time, any Force User could become as powerful, if not moreso, than Vader or Sidious. Vader's was claimed as 2x Sid's. Revan's in KotoR was said to be unlimited. If we went by such statements, then technically Revan could become the most powerful Force User ever, if he'd had the time to continue building power.
Haha, you just opened Pandora's box.. Here comes the fanboy's "canon-rant" =P

ReiKai
12.26.2012 , 01:59 PM | #328
What does it really matter anyway? Vader and Lift more than Revan, while Revan can actually Do More than Vader. Vader only has a handful of abilities he can use. Revan has a truckload, because he's using both sides of the Force equally.

I will always say Revan for my own reasons. For one, it having to take a Psuedo-Vader (The Wrath), Darth Nox, Ciper Nine and (presumably) the next Mandalore, to defeat a still weakened Revan on the Foundry. People can claim "We don't know who he faced" well, it's basic Story Logic. FP's require 4 people. There are 4 classes, 4 stories. Having multiple of the same class in a FP is a Mechanic. The story is different. Storywise, one from each of the 4 classes would be in the Foundry.

So we have a Dartk Council member, the Emperor's private enforcer, the most skilled Agent in the Empire, and probably the most skilled and battle-hardened Mandalorian in the galaxy next to Mandalore himself. It took the four of them to overcome a weakened Revan. And we're still as of yet unaware if Revan was actually killed.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Wolfninjajedi
12.26.2012 , 02:03 PM | #329
What does it really matter anyway? Vader and Lift more than Revan, while Revan can actually Do More than Vader. Vader only has a handful of abilities he can use. Revan has a truckload, because he's using both sides of the Force equally.

I will always say Revan for my own reasons. For one, it having to take a Psuedo-Vader (The Wrath), Darth Nox, Ciper Nine and (presumably) the next Mandalore, to defeat a still weakened Revan on the Foundry. People can claim "We don't know who he faced" well, it's basic Story Logic. FP's require 4 people. There are 4 classes, 4 stories. Having multiple of the same class in a FP is a Mechanic. The story is different. Storywise, one from each of the 4 classes would be in the Foundry.

So we have a Dartk Council member, the Emperor's private enforcer, the most skilled Agent in the Empire, and probably the most skilled and battle-hardened Mandalorian in the galaxy next to Mandalore himself. It took the four of them to overcome a weakened Revan. And we're still as of yet unaware if Revan was actually killed.
By that point, none of the classes were in their prime. The SI isn't a Dark Council member at that point, the Agent isn't the most skilled, the Warrior isn't the Emperor's Wrath and I guess you could make a claim for the BH but he isn't nearly as skilled as he at the end.

They all have some level of experience sure, but they weren't in their prime yet.

Castiel
12.26.2012 , 02:06 PM | #330

Don't bother explaining, I know what you mean. The canon-club won't, EVER.