Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vader vs Revan

Sinapus
12.26.2012 , 01:32 AM | #311
Revan.

My incarnations of Revan would never hesitate to use the Force (...and high explosives) to prevail.

(Though to be fair, if there was a game where you could play Vader, I'd definitely make sure he'd be supplementing his Force powers with other... force multipliers so it'd end up a draw under those circumstances.)
"You have no right to pass judgement on me!" "By your own actions, you appear to believe that might makes right." "I don't like where this is going." "Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn't."
-Schlock Mercenary

funkhouse
12.26.2012 , 01:38 AM | #312
Revan hands down. Vader is just a push over. Lol dies to force lightning..come on.

Revan would simply look at vader and laugh, then say. Good day!

Makoto_Shishio
12.26.2012 , 03:00 AM | #313
Quote: Originally Posted by buttjammerrump View Post
Revan hands down. Vader is just a push over. Lol dies to force lightning..come on.

Revan would simply look at vader and laugh, then say. Good day!
No he wouldn't, considering that he easily tanked Mareks lightning that brought down an entire AT-AT as well as tanking the very same lightning that was amplified by 3 massive pylons which did nothing to him except bring him to his knees.

He would crush Revan after a battle.
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is not available in your region

Castiel
12.26.2012 , 10:26 AM | #314
Revan. I just think that his experience level is far beyond that of Vader's. Vader is powerful in his own right, but he was kinda wasted potential.

Wolfninjajedi
12.26.2012 , 10:32 AM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
Revan. I just think that his experience level is far beyond that of Vader's. Vader is powerful in his own right, but he was kinda wasted potential.
Uh no, no....Vader beats Revan in all accounts. Its been listed I dunno how many times throughout this thread, of how powerful he really is and what he has done.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

ReiKai
12.26.2012 , 11:06 AM | #316
Quote: Originally Posted by Makoto_Shishio View Post
No he wouldn't, considering that he easily tanked Mareks lightning that brought down an entire AT-AT as well as tanking the very same lightning that was amplified by 3 massive pylons which did nothing to him except bring him to his knees.
You realize that's non-canon, right? That was Game Mechanics. I actually read the Novels. Marek doesn't juice up on energy pylons to zap Vader. He never did anything to bolster himself when electrifying Vader. In the novels, Vader had to upgrade the insulation on his armor to protect himself better against Force Lightning, but Marek noted that a concentrated bolt could still get through the protection, and any damage in Vader's armor would provide an easy bypass and allow him to shock Vader directly.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

steaktrooper
12.26.2012 , 11:17 AM | #317
I know I shouldn't even get involved in this but I'm going to say Vader. I'm going to repeat what I said on another thread that probably works for this debate too. Revan is often an over-rated character. While he was powerful he wasn't as powerful as some choose to believe. I think that the people that say Revan would win anything just think "Hey, I played a game as this guy and owned, he must be super powerful!" The same thing often happens when people debate about Starkiller, AKA Galen Marek when people bring up the whole Star Destroyer falling from the sky thing.
Lembar Romdoro Agenros Cavteff
Sith Covenant / Jedi Covenant @ The Harbinger

Wolfninjajedi
12.26.2012 , 11:21 AM | #318
Quote: Originally Posted by steaktrooper View Post
I know I shouldn't even get involved in this but I'm going to say Vader. I'm going to repeat what I said on another thread that probably works for this debate too. Revan is often an over-rated character. While he was powerful he wasn't as powerful as some choose to believe. I think that the people that say Revan would win anything just think "Hey, I played a game as this guy and owned, he must be super powerful!" The same thing often happens when people debate about Starkiller, AKA Galen Marek when people bring up the whole Star Destroyer falling from the sky thing.
Whats funny, is that him GUIDING the Star Destroyer down(not ripping it out of the sky) as it was falling, it also taking almost all of his energy and having him collapse(people seem to forget that)...is more like mere childs play compared to what the rest of the things The Force could do.

Even if Galen actually ripped the Star Destroyer out of the sky, compare that to all the other Force feats in Star Wars, its pretty much a minor thing compared to what other Force Users have done.

Anyway to the battle, now I see a lot just say

"Oh Revan + Force Lighting= Dead Vader.."

Hmm....so Vader is just gonna stand there, and let the lighting hit him right? Hes not gonna bring his saber to bare and block the lighting right? Please....he isn't a moron.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
12.26.2012 , 11:23 AM | #319
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Anyway to the battle, now I see a lot just say

"Oh Revan + Force Lighting= Dead Vader.."

Hmm....so Vader is just gonna stand there, and let the lighting hit him right? Hes not gonna bring his saber to bare and block the lighting right? Please....he isn't a moron.
Especially after his first run-in with Dooku.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Castiel
12.26.2012 , 11:24 AM | #320
Quote: Originally Posted by steaktrooper View Post
And yet, Galen beat Vader... Hmmm...