Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vader vs Revan

Aurbere
09.02.2012 , 08:47 PM | #301
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Mace Windu a master of all 7 forms and the greatest master of Vapaad. With the ability, Shatterpoint, he would tear through just about everyone pre Clone Wars..

Yes, I am a Windu Fanboy :P
Multiple Jedi mastered all seven forms during that era, but Mace Windu was the only master of Vaapad.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

BrandonSM
09.02.2012 , 08:50 PM | #302
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Multiple Jedi mastered all seven forms during that era, but Mace Windu was the only master of Vaapad.
The only to master Vaapad and not fall to the Dark-Side.

Which in my opinion, says something about his will against the Dark-Side.

He didn't turn when fighting Palpatine even though, for sure he had to been overwhelmed by the power of the Dark. And thats even controversial, some think he did turn hence his wanting to kill Palps.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Aurbere
09.02.2012 , 08:56 PM | #303
The only to master Vaapad and not fall to the Dark-Side.

Which in my opinion, says something about his will against the Dark-Side.

He didn't turn when fighting Palpatine even though, for sure he had to been overwhelmed by the power of the Dark. And thats even controversial, some think he did turn hence his wanting to kill Palps.
I think if he did kill Palpatine, he would have fallen or come close to it. So Anakin may have saved from being an agent of the Dark Side. But I don't think Mace would have fallen. His will is too strong. I believe his use of Vaapad gave him a resistance to the influence of the Dark Side. But not many Jedi could engage Palpatine in a duel without succumbing to the darkness. So that is a testament to the will that Mace Windu had.
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

BrandonSM
09.02.2012 , 09:08 PM | #304
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I think if he did kill Palpatine, he would have fallen or come close to it. So Anakin may have saved from being an agent of the Dark Side. But I don't think Mace would have fallen. His will is too strong. I believe his use of Vaapad gave him a resistance to the influence of the Dark Side. But not many Jedi could engage Palpatine in a duel without succumbing to the darkness. So that is a testament to the will that Mace Windu had.
He wouldnt have been able to.

Palpatine was bending his lightsaber with his force lightning. If he really wanted to, he would of blown Mace to dust. But that was a key moment in Anakin's fall.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Aurbere
09.02.2012 , 09:12 PM | #305
He wouldnt have been able to.

Palpatine was bending his lightsaber with his force lightning. If he really wanted to, he would of blown Mace to dust. But that was a key moment in Anakin's fall.
I know Palpatine could have killed him easily, but I don't think Mace would have fallen to the Dark Side, had he won. But Palpatine was stalling for Anakin to arrive. I don't think he expected Mace Windu to be so powerful though. At least, that's what I got from that duel. Mace Windu had the advantage in the duel.

Because he's awesome.

Flintfire
12.25.2012 , 09:44 AM | #306
If you think about, both are the same. Both changed their allegiance after a traumatic incident. Revan is more a consular or inquisitor, with his knowledge of the force. Vader is more a juggernaught, due to his primary use of lightsabers and simple force usage.
Infyrno Lvl 55 Infyrnus Lvl 54
Leiptr Lvl 55 Venaticus Lvl 44
Krrayt Lvl 55 Evisceran Lvl 55
Sleipe Lvl 55

Aurbere
12.25.2012 , 11:17 AM | #307
IT'S ALIIIIIIVEE!!!!!!

Who would do such a thing?

LegendaryBlade
12.25.2012 , 11:22 AM | #308
I love Revan, seriously I do, but I think a lot of people in this thread very much under-estimate Vader. I have o give the edge here to Vader.
Star Trek Online Science Officer - "To boldy go where no man has gone before."
Jung Ma RP-PVP Server:
Armetage - Gunslinger

Beniboybling
12.25.2012 , 12:26 PM | #309
Ha ha, thought this was a new post and was thinking, this is gonna start an endless flame war...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellvaan View Post
Greetings everyone!

Since the previous thread has reached past our 1k threshold, we have closed it and recreated it here.
Ah, already happened.

And now its been necroed! Great, now I gotta figure out a way to kill this thread before I start my tournament, perhaps I'll pretend to be the OP and make an announcement...

(This, my friends, is why I announce a winner in my Kaggath Series...)

mefit
12.25.2012 , 05:20 PM | #310
Anakin Skywalker beats both Revan and Vader ! End thread !
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server