IT'S TIME! Character Transfers (Paid & Non-Paid) ETA & Info Pls

Aussiedroid

Hi Bioware,

As you may have noticed in the Asia-Pac Launch thread there is a VERY VERY large concerns over the split you have made between AU based players and those from US or EU.

At this point, you are only offering limited free transfer for AU zone players to the new servers based in Australia after 1st March.

This is has raised a valid issue where most of us who are AU based are also playing with EU or US players who may also like to come along with us down under.

There is NO option to do so at this point as you have clearly stated those who Registered in AU address will be eligible. So even if our friends update their address they cannot come with us, forcing either a Re-roll and new character (limiting our ability to do HM & OPS for a long time), a social split where we say goodbye to them or simply the entire guild remains where they are and the AU servers turn into a shadow wasting the investment you have made.

Wouldnt it be an opportune time to introduce character transfers across ALL servers???

To the point:

- This is a feature players have been screaming for a long time to have as server populations have fluctuated and many cannot find groups, warzone matches or Ops. This is one of numerous threads created so far.

- It will allow those not eligible for the AU transfer to join us (Paid or Unpaid) and remain in the same Guild.

- It will ensure AU players will not remain where they are on EU/US servers and move to the appropriate zone as there are no further blockers to them wanting to move. (Understanding what this may mean to our Legacy points is another concern been raised though)

- It will quell the bordem and/or anger some players currently feel and help you keep many from cancelling their subscriptions.

As I am sure there is concern from Bioware side that this may cause a massive shift in populations, a one free character per month policy would limit the impacts and may be a good suggestion in general with additional characters paid for - open to opinions on this.

At the very least if you are not technically capable of offering this feature now, provide us and our EU/US friends a firm date where this will be introduced, so we can rest assured we can once again play together in a galaxy far far away....

Thank you for your ongoing support.

Edited by Aussiedroid
More info

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have a thread debating this debacle, but yours is much cleaner and in petition like form. SO I SECOND THIS! the only issue is, there are whispers that this a test for the server transfer service. However, that being said, I do believe for many people, the overwhelming number of servers was a detriment to the overall success. To rectify this, server merges/transfers will be necessary.

I also have a thread debating this debacle, but yours is much cleaner and in petition like form. SO I SECOND THIS! the only issue is, there are whispers that this a test for the server transfer service. However, that being said, I do believe for many people, the overwhelming number of servers was a detriment to the overall success. To rectify this, server merges/transfers will be necessary.

I also have that feeling that this may be a test for a wider release for transfers to all servers. Thats fair enough and I don't expect Bioware to update us with every little development they are working on, but in this case it is a bit of a make or break scenario and some official word is due.

I think in fairness to the personal communities (and new friends we have made) over the past months that some response to wether this will happen or not is really needed on this subject.

In short an MMO is as much about the game as it is the communities we create and some of us hold this close. If we can't play with our friends then we may not want to play at all or simply boycott the offer to move. This is not a favorable scenario for anyone in my view.

Also pointed out, some US/EU players do play alternate hours to the masses due to work commitments so giving them an option to play with others on at the same time should be an option without having to spend countless hours leveling a new character.

Thanks for the support all ...

Edited by Aussiedroid
Typo

I am in Australia and play with a close friend from Arizona but we are in an Australian guild, we have evolved from EQ to WoW to now SWTOR and we also have some players from Texas and Central USA who shift work and tend to play same time as us.

I know it is difficult to get a one fix that works for everyone but perhaps if a guild has a number of oceanic players you could perhaps offer everyone in that guild a move to the same server.

This is more a please consider than run around ranting, i will likely leave my characters on the US server (which is nice an quiet) and just re-roll a character on the new server if it is going to be too much hassle.

P.S. I hope the oceanic server is functionally a lot better than the WAR Australian servers, the US servers offered a better playing experience in that game. :p

NOW is a good time to implement paid server transfers, Bioware!

Since there are lots of players who did not put Australia, New Zealand, Singapore of Hong Kong as their country upon registration, allowing paid server transfers for these players would bring lots of cash and improve your sales.

Lots of players would like to transfer to the Asia Pacific servers in March, and could not do so for free since they did not put Australia, New Zealand, Singapore of Hong Kong as their country upon registration.

So, this is a business opportunity for you to make EA's Directors and (most importantly) shareholders happy by implementing PAID server transfers. This might improve EA's sales figures for Q1 2012 financial year and retain these players' subs.

I support server transfers and quite frankly can't imagine this need going unmet for much longer. I've already abandoned my original character as his sever is dead (11 on fleet during prime time!?). Because the storyline doesn't really vary and the levelling path is always the same, there's no way I will restart the same character on my new server. I'm stuck playing my second choice, but it's getting old fast. Without being able to move my original toon I don't have much interest in end-game content which is really shortening the lifespan of the game for me. I suspect there must be a large number of people who feel the same and that should give credence to this request.

Hello All,

I currently run two guilds across one server "The Harbringer" one is empire and one is republic. Our guild covers people from the entire world - US Australia Japan Singapore New Zealand Etc Etc. With the recent announcement that they would not be allowing non oceanic people to transfer i started a thread similar to this which got closed and redirected here - so i am posting to show support as both a guild leader and individual player - it is biased to not allow those who have leveled as a multi guild with friends to not be allowed the same rights as the rest.

Cheers

Shaedy

I support server transfers and quite frankly can't imagine this need going unmet for much longer. I've already abandoned my original character as his sever is dead (11 on fleet during prime time!?). Because the storyline doesn't really vary and the levelling path is always the same, there's no way I will restart the same character on my new server. I'm stuck playing my second choice, but it's getting old fast. Without being able to move my original toon I don't have much interest in end-game content which is really shortening the lifespan of the game for me. I suspect there must be a large number of people who feel the same and that should give credence to this request.

i know how you feel..my server is dead and i have alot invested in characters on it...im hopeing for a server merge,seeing as there at least a dozen light populated servers

Support + 1

As Shaedy stated above, many of us late night/early morning US players deliberately joined a high Oceanic population server, The Harbinger, for the express purpose of being able to play with our aussie/oceanic friends.

Frankly to be told that new servers are being opened for the purpose we orginally intended but only for oceanic players feels like a slap in the face. SWTOR is a great game and having 6 chars spanning a dual republic/empire guild with 400+ members and watching all of them but the few US players get a free ticket to a new server while we get left behind is very disheartening. I can see The Harbinger server turning into a ghost town after March 1st.

So at the very least I say to the powers that be, give all 3 primarily oceanic servers,

(Jekk'Jekk Taar, The Harbinger and Swiftsure I believe?) server-wide regardless of real-world location, the ability to server transfer for free to the new oceanic servers..

Barring that.. just switch all 3 of above said servers to BECOME aussie servers, thereby removing the need for anyone to even need a server transfer.

Honestly,

Its time for Bioware to realize that server transfer needs to be put in place. I totally understand that some servers, with the oceanic transfer, are going to lose players and become far less functional. Just let us all transfer servers so we can get off dead servers or just go play with our friends without having to re-roll a new toon. In the very lest Bioware could let us know that maybe this is a test to see if server transfer is a viable option, but the lack of real feedback in reprehensible on their part. Don't see why they are not dedicating more time to this one would think that the amount of people playing a mmo would be of vital importance to the fiscal solvency of the game, oh well....

I also like to get Server Transfer asap. I am wondering though what would happen to your level in LEGACY if we move toons to other servers (if you move 4 out of 6 characters by example)? Do we lose the pts?

And please make sure we also keep ALL our inventory linked to our toons/characters!

Edited by ShiniHaruka

There still hasnt been any official word on the specifics of the transfers. I would assume they are still creating the process to allow this to occur.

I would assume at this stage that Legacy points may not transfer, although I am sure I am the same as all players in saying they should.

This could be rather simple to implement, but would be based on your first character transferred to the AU server.

So for example, if you had characters across multiple servers with different legacy levels and names, you would choose your legacy name you have the most experience with to be the first transfer. This would establish your legacy name and points on the new AU server. Any characters transferred after this would then inherit the name and points from your main character. It would just need to be clearly explained but would be easier from a technical standpoint as well.

If your Legacy name happened to already be taken by another, then you could keep your points but allowed a once off rename. Same that should occur if your character name transferred is already taken on the new server.

Legacy not transferring would be a massive down point - and would limit those moving. It takes a long time to get that level up.

Being that we do not know if our friends can come with us when we transfer is really my main concern though. We really need a response from Bioware on this ASAP ... when will EU/US players be able to transfer????

Please Bioware, this is not the only thread on this topic and there is A LOT of interest in getting this info.

Thanks all for your support.