Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sidious vs Vitiate

02.16.2012 , 06:18 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by _Zorth_ View Post

Oh, the irony..

You tell me I'm in denial when this entire week we (reasonable people) have been throwing canon facts in your face and you keep denying them saying they don't count.. even though there are interviews with GL himself that say otherwise.

Why should his characters (The ones that everyone else if freaking built off) not deserve the respect to be considered the most powerful ones?

^Makes everyone elses story pointless and the characters as characterful as water

Don't see any other reason for anyone else, a complete random to be more powerful than Sidious, Luke, Vader, Yoda & Obi.. The characters that we are very familiar with and pretty much showed us what Jedi & Sith are in the first place.

My answer in blue !

02.16.2012 , 06:20 PM | #42
It smy opinion but Star Wars is bigger than Lucas and if he is going to hold onto Canon and None Canon , than he is the cancer to his own creation !

02.16.2012 , 06:27 PM | #43
Back on topic

Palpitine would beat Vitiate even without Lucas Canon or not .

Palpitine studied Vitiate and therefor knows his weaknesses . What makes Palpitine so powerful canon and none canon story wise , is he has studied every bit of information that he could , including Jedi past and present to his timeline.
He was a scholar of sorts and powerful for it .
It just would not be a fair fight even if Vitiate was more powerful with the force, just because Palpitine has learned anything Vitiate had passed down through records and such.

Palpitine came from a line of sith who kept records and were planing for ages, that just is alot of knowledge that he had given to him and was very good at learning from it .

02.16.2012 , 08:26 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Heres the only issue and greatest thing about Star Wars ................George Lucas !

Star Trek while not as great as Star Wars , atleast Gene allowed his writers breathing room and creativity.
George on the other hands simplified it so he can control it without even having to read anything . Simply says My characters are God and your are just a imagination that are not really Star Wars.
To be honest EU has alot of bad stories but also has some really good ones that are beyond better than the movies . I Watched the OT in the theater when it was released , and I love them but I hate the fact of this stalemate that George has created . Kinda hard to get involved into games knowing that the stories do not matter , to be honest we could all be playing some fan made game and get the same feeling .

George has been angry with his fan base since Jar Jar Binks was a fail , if you like him good for you but according to George Lucas , Jar Jar is more powerful than Vitiate and Revan .......
Hmm? Lucas gives his writers too much freedom. Thats why we have books with SUn Crushers and Galaxy eaters. And it didn't seem to me Zahn didn't need anything from Lucas or LA. His books are perfect and only his books and Stover's(My opinion). Most of the writers are horrible, thats the fail of the EU.

And you completely ignore what he says. He states Sidious and Luke are the most powerful and Vader had the potnetial to become equal to Luke during FOTJ.

And I'm fine with having 2 almighty beings. Its like that with every universe, One Good God and One Bad. But the EU jacked everything and created Abeloth and Vitate and Terrible Weapons.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

02.17.2012 , 08:09 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
My answer in blue !

So having one random person being the most powerful guy in the galaxy to ever live is better than letting Sidious & Luke being that?

I'd rather let Sidious & Luke be those guys than some random EU character that got inspired by them.
The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

02.17.2012 , 08:16 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by VanorDM View Post
So only the EU stuff prior to Ep I counts, but nothing else does?
Lucas said that when there was no pre-episode 1 EU material.
Pyrotechnic - BH / Powertech
Ariss - Agent / Op
Lord Monger - Sith Inquisitor / Sorc
Darth Wraithus - Sith Warrior / Jugg

03.27.2014 , 12:00 AM | #47
Im just going to say this, last I checked Palpatine couldnt make doppelgangers of himself on the spot or teleport.. Furthermore, if his lightning is the most powerful, why didnt it instantly turn Luke into ash? Vitiate also has the power of Deadly Sight, which he did use and his lightning did turn people to ash. Also, lets examined how each died, Palpatine: Thrown down a bottomless pit by a damaged robot, killed again by a whiny ***** (Luke) and finally killed by a blaster from Han Solo. Vitiate: Old age. As for the whole planet affecting force powers, what Palaptine did was Corruption, what Vitiate did is drain the life out of the entire planet, just like Nihilus did to Katar. As for Palps summoning wormholes, he did that ONCE, Vitiate..while enigmatic, there are logical assumptions to be made about him, example, if the Dread Masters could wipe out entire fleets, and they were not equal in power to the Emperor, obviously the Emperor could do that, he just chose not to, he spent all of his time learning more and more of the Dark side, he would know things Palaptine wouldnt, pure and simple. Obviously its not a straightforward win, but by however narrow a margin, Vitiate is superior.
"Concentration, focus, long-term thinking--those are the qualities that seperate a warrior from a mere flailing fighter." / "History is on the move. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."

03.27.2014 , 09:19 AM | #48
This thread did not need to be necro'd.

Also, Sidious wins. Everytime, by a huge margin.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

03.27.2014 , 10:21 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Also, Sidious wins. Everytime, by a huge margin.
At pretending you mean.

03.27.2014 , 11:21 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
At pretending you mean.
No, at everything. Lightsaber skill, tactical ability, Force ability. All that good stuff.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus