Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Flashpoints with "Enrage Timers" only ... why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
HM Flashpoints with "Enrage Timers" only ... why?

celldoom
02.16.2012 , 09:07 PM | #11
You do understand that without the enrage timers the bosses could be soloed right?

Khayleth
02.16.2012 , 09:08 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTridus View Post
I'm pretty sick of enrage timers, as a tank. Sometimes you just get DPSers that aren't already decked out in gear and you just hit a brick wall that as the tank I can't do anything about. It sucks.

Enrage is a fine mechanic when it makes sense to have it in the fight. Throwing it into every fight "just because" sucks. The people killing the FP bosses slowly are the ones that need the gear from them the most. Once you're geared enough that you're never seeing an enrage timer anymore, you're pretty much done with Flashpoints anyway.
This is very true.
Raid progression no one cares about. Unimpressive quote or one liner. Uninteresting guild name. List of characters with their level and class symbol.

SpitERI
02.16.2012 , 09:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by celldoom View Post
You do understand that without the enrage timers the bosses could be soloed right?
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner, folks!

/endthread
Excession (Aus/Oceanic; GMT+8 to GMT+10) on Dalborra as of 24/4/12.

We're recruiting! Go here for more information or send myself (Arcis) an in-game message or tell.

BoneEater
02.16.2012 , 09:15 PM | #14
Are you suggesting that enrage timers actually make....sense?!

Get out.
. Never forget

"Use the force Harry." -Gandalf

CharagonIGN
02.16.2012 , 09:18 PM | #15
Then maybe the bosses should be designed better.

Dantragk
02.16.2012 , 09:32 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by CharagonIGN View Post
Then maybe the bosses should be designed better.
Exactly, lets add some challenges that you have to get passed. Not just DPS checks. Naxx dance is a pretty good example. People have to move or they die.

celldoom
02.16.2012 , 09:36 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Dantragk View Post
Exactly, lets add some challenges that you have to get passed. Not just DPS checks. Naxx dance is a pretty good example. People have to move or they die.
Hah, funny story about that one: the less people you have the higher the chances of actually killing the boss xD

Reguardless, yes bosses can be designed better while removing the enrage timer. That way having better dps simply means you finish the flashpoint sooner. I think players SHOULD be able to solo flashpoints, taking them hours and hours to do it alone while in a skilled group it would take half an hour.

SpitERI
02.16.2012 , 10:42 PM | #18
I think players SHOULD be able to solo flashpoints, taking them hours and hours to do it alone while in a skilled group it would take half an hour.
Flashpoints are team-based missions and never intended to be soloed. It just sounds like you don't like teaming up/are not part of a guild/don't have friends online to play with.
Excession (Aus/Oceanic; GMT+8 to GMT+10) on Dalborra as of 24/4/12.

We're recruiting! Go here for more information or send myself (Arcis) an in-game message or tell.

azmundai
02.16.2012 , 10:54 PM | #19
anyone who thinks enrage timers, outside of Vael and a couple of others, are necessary must not know what vael and those couple of others are like. those werent even enrage timers exactly. on Vael if you were running into "the enrage timer" it had less to do with how much DPS you weren't doing and more to do with your tanks being retarted, or your dps just not knowing *** to do .. and it was no picknick on healers either.
x-server lfd tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.

FobManX
02.16.2012 , 11:52 PM | #20
I personally don't like fights where you have a "At (insert time here) you instantly die." That's boring and lazy design. I suppose it's fine for a few encounters just to serve as gear checks, but anything more then that is silly.

I like fights where the boss gets progressively harder from a certain point on. Like say, builds a stacking buff from 25% HP on that reduces everyone's healing taken while dealing steady AOE damage or something like that. It works the same as an enrage timer as you'll eventually be overwhelmed and wipe, but it's not a lazy "Haha you didn't kill me in 3 minutes, now I instantly pwn you all with my super laser cannon of death!!~"