Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Flashpoints with "Enrage Timers" only ... why?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
HM Flashpoints with "Enrage Timers" only ... why?

AlyII
02.15.2012 , 11:15 PM | #1
I loved the storyline of the game, the lvl-ing experience, the fact that we have companions that can help us in heroics and flashpoints, but once we entered in hard mode flashpoints (after 2 weeks of grinding daylies for better gear, which wasn't very fun) everything became insane and exaggerated because of "enrage timers" ,a woeful way of transforming a nice game in a frustrating and impossible experience. If you want to keep the same high quality of the game take out the timers from HM flashpoints ,this way all of us will be able to do our "epic" crafts and maybe an armor set (still the costs for sets are insane).If you want to keep the hardcore players happy you can introduce an "insane" mode with timers and something extra to keep them satisfied. Also would be nice to have normal and HM versions of all flashpoints for 2 and 3 players . A combat log , target of target and threat display also would be most helpful. The saddest thing about "enrage timers" is the fact that the enraged boss simply kills the players in one shot making them feel helpless and useless, taking away any desire of playing or coming back to the game. After more than 300 hours spent in game to lvl-up and gear the character this is not the feeling that you expect to get from the end game content, especially after Bioware has invested so much time and money in storylines that make us feel so heroic and unique.

PjPablo
02.15.2012 , 11:20 PM | #2
Seems to be a lack of either creativity or experience designing real endgame content. 'Enrage timer' is about as hack as you can get in MMO endgame design. It's ok to throw it in now and again, but for it to be the main mechanic? Weak.

Karasuko
02.15.2012 , 11:21 PM | #3
Enrage timers are a very lame mechnic in this day and age.
That being said theyre the easiest to bypass.
Get to the required gear or skill level and it becomes a non-issue.

grueber
02.15.2012 , 11:27 PM | #4
Well it was exciting with Vael back in BWL.

Asavar
02.15.2012 , 11:38 PM | #5
I hit 50 fresh on my new mercenary (old main was a trooper commando), did ilum dailies for 2 days, and walked into HM flashpoints and facerolled them. PEBKAC.

PjPablo
02.15.2012 , 11:39 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Asavar View Post
I hit 50 fresh on my new mercenary (old main was a trooper commando), did ilum dailies for 2 days, and walked into HM flashpoints and facerolled them. PEBKAC.
No one said this game wasn't insanely easy there Conan. It's just the mechanics are hack.

rzrknight
02.15.2012 , 11:42 PM | #7
Well they exist so there is any actually difficulty to HM , cause the fights are a joke , i only die when and if the boss gets enraged ... always , really , even the optional bosses are a joke when they dont have enrage.

Edit: actually i remm now why we had enrage to begin with on raids , is to avoid getting a healer + tank team only , which would always win , at cost of taking longer to complete the fight.
The Lord said: "QQ enough and thou shall receive it."
The followers said: "I shall QQ my lord, i shall QQ."
And since then , not a single day passed without the QQs being heard.

Daltin
02.16.2012 , 12:05 AM | #8
if you're running into enrage timers, you're doing something wrong.

The only bosses that will enrage no matter what, it seems, is the bonus boss in False Emperor. The enrage won't even kill a decently geared tank unless it's HK-47 in False Emperor.

Is the mechanic archaic? Absolutely. But to call it "The main mechanic" of a fight is absurd. I haven't seen a enrage unless I'm running with fresh 50s. Good thing it's not a 900% damage increase like it is 'in the other mmo'.

LordTridus
02.16.2012 , 08:59 PM | #9
I'm pretty sick of enrage timers, as a tank. Sometimes you just get DPSers that aren't already decked out in gear and you just hit a brick wall that as the tank I can't do anything about. It sucks.

Enrage is a fine mechanic when it makes sense to have it in the fight. Throwing it into every fight "just because" sucks. The people killing the FP bosses slowly are the ones that need the gear from them the most. Once you're geared enough that you're never seeing an enrage timer anymore, you're pretty much done with Flashpoints anyway.

Just had a night wasted and a huge repair bill due to this, and it's pretty not fun.

KuusouRumba
02.16.2012 , 09:04 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by grueber View Post
Well it was exciting with Vael back in BWL.
It's more exciting in H LK and H Rag where squeezing out every single point of DPS a triumph. It keeps you from stacking healers and taking five hours to kill the boss.