Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cleared Nightmare, and We're disappointed

LordArioc
02.16.2012 , 11:20 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Raghon View Post
I agree... 121k for a dps? I did that without 2 buffs (Smuggler/IA and Consular/Inq) in about 30 seconds..."
No you didnt.

kidbs
02.16.2012 , 01:22 PM | #12
The only real nightmare mode is when the encounter bugs kick in. There's your challenge!
*** The Shadowbane Legacy ***
Darth Nether - Vulknar Highway

pennitent
02.16.2012 , 01:55 PM | #13
You could go for the clear it in 2 hours or less on nightmare title. Literally the only difficulty is the shear number of Soa bugs.
Member of Wrought from Ruin
The Harbinger Server
IA - Operative Medic

CygnisJunior
02.16.2012 , 02:11 PM | #14
I agree... 121k for a dps? I did that without 2 buffs (Smuggler/IA and Consular/Inq) in about 30 seconds... It's just so easy it was boring.

We did Nightmare because we wanted a challenge, but they just tuned it for those who just want to faceroll and say "Hai guyz! We cleared Nightmare "
Holy crap, you can really do over 4k dps? Going all out, my vanguard in columi gear does 1200 dps (tested on some elites on Ilum).

What class/spec are you? I need to roll that!

gazerous
02.16.2012 , 02:19 PM | #15
Hello guys.

Well, we've recently cleared Nightmare Eternity Vault and all I can say is that I'm disappointed on how EASY it was. The only difference is an enlarged health pool and maybe a shorter enrage timer.

just out of curiosity did you guys have scoundrels healing or just a full faceroll sage healers?

Raghon
02.16.2012 , 03:03 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by gazerous View Post
just out of curiosity did you guys have scoundrels healing or just a full faceroll sage healers?

We use both scoundrel and sage
Myth
"Not all Elitists are Jerks and Not all Jerks are Elitists"

Raghon
02.16.2012 , 03:04 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArioc View Post
No you didnt.

Now that I realize it, you're right. Took about a minute and a few secs. But still, if I can do it missing buffs, and was one of the first to finish something is wrong
Myth
"Not all Elitists are Jerks and Not all Jerks are Elitists"

NotSevv
02.16.2012 , 03:13 PM | #18
This is raiding 101 for this game, I don't know why people would think that the initial ops would be real hard.

IThrowRocks
02.16.2012 , 03:24 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by NotSevv View Post
This is raiding 101 for this game, I don't know why people would think that the initial ops would be real hard.

I am pretty sure MC wasn't even in WoW's initial release. Calm down people. Bioware is sure to bring some tougher encounters in march.

Veriu
02.16.2012 , 03:35 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by NotSevv View Post
dur, because MC was the hardest raid in all of WoW....therefore the first tier of TOR should be the hardest!!!

Though I do think that "nightmare" isn't really all that much harder than hardmode...like the OP I was expecting more of a jump in difficulty.

i.e. gharj differences: the tank has to pick up the adds, as they have a chance to kill a healer if all go for one healer. & uh.....healers have to heal the melee group slightly more after pounces than in normal, like 2 non-crit/1 crit heal more per person (pounce hits for 4.5k more). That's it...

how is that a new difficulty? Healers have to heal 1 or 2 more times & the tank has to pick up adds? wth.....
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Ivy league educated research scientist working on solar cell development. So yeah, I have no need to feel "accomplished" in a videogame.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Call me when you've got 2 written recommendations from Nobel laureates and have attended annual private functions at the White House.