Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[CLOS] Un employé le savait


Rackard's Avatar


Rackard
02.15.2012 , 09:48 PM | #1
A disgruntled ex-employee of EA/Mythic by the nickname of EALouse recently revealed some nasty details of what’s going on inside the company and how it affects the games we play. He worked on Warhammer Online, but also has some insider information about Star Wars: The Old Republic.

According to him, the game will be a failure. Apparently the only decent thing about SWTOR are voiceovers, while the gameplay is definitely lacking.

And you know what they’re most proud of? This is the kicker. They are most proud of the sound. No seriously. Something like a 20Gig installation, and most of it is voiceover work. That’s the best they have. The rest of the game is a joke. EA knows it and so does George Lucas,they’re panicking , and so most of Mythic has already been cannibalized to work in Austin on it because they can’t keep pushing back launch.

Unfortunately there’s no way to verify his statement at this time, but does this really mean the game will suck? There’s still time until SWTOR is released, and much can and will change. There’s no way to tell how the game will look when it’s released, and we can all only hope it will be perfect. Considering how many recently released MMORPG games really were bad, I’m hoping the same will not happen to Star Wars, a game we all eagerly await.

Furthermore EA Louse mentioned that Star Wars: TOR cost more than $300 million! To put it in perspective, he mentioned James Cameron’s Avatar which cost about $280 million. As a comparison, some sources claim World of Warcraft development and upkeep costs to date are far less than $200 million. While the amount of money EA put into SWTOR is certainly admirable, I wonder if the game can actually be that bad in the end?

Considering how much money they put into SWTOR, I think it’ll be a decent game with a lot of players. Will it ever reach the numbers of WoW is hard to say, but I doubt it will be a “failure“.

What do you think?

Xhylette's Avatar


Xhylette
02.15.2012 , 10:47 PM | #2
I don't think now. I play the game, and I have pleasure on it. I wait the six months delay to think anything seriously.


Pour le moment, je ne réfléchis pas. Je joue le jeu, et j'en ai du plaisir. J'attends le délai des six mois pour réfléchir sérieusement.

Edit : post corrigé à l'aide de Zetroll.

zetroll's Avatar


zetroll
02.15.2012 , 10:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Xhylette View Post
I don't think now. I play the game, and I have pleasure on it. I wait the six months delay to think anything seriously.


Pour le moment, je ne pense pas. Je joue le jeu, et j'en ai du plaisir. J'attends le délai des six mois pour penser sérieusement.
Rooooh Xhyl' ! c'est quoi cette trad' !

"Think" = "réfléchir" dans ce contexte
The Vindicar Legacy
DarthNihilus | BlackList

* recrutement ouvert *

Xhylette's Avatar


Xhylette
02.15.2012 , 10:57 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by zetroll View Post
Rooooh Xhyl' ! c'est quoi cette trad' !

"Think" = "réfléchir" dans ce contexte


Très juste, merci, j'ai corrigé.

Garrusvander's Avatar


Garrusvander
02.15.2012 , 11:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Rackard View Post
A disgruntled ex-employee of EA/Mythic by the nickname of EALouse recently revealed some nasty details of what’s going on inside the company and how it affects the games we play. He worked on Warhammer Online, but also has some insider information about Star Wars: The Old Republic.

According to him, the game will be a failure. Apparently the only decent thing about SWTOR are voiceovers, while the gameplay is definitely lacking.

And you know what they’re most proud of? This is the kicker. They are most proud of the sound. No seriously. Something like a 20Gig installation, and most of it is voiceover work. That’s the best they have. The rest of the game is a joke. EA knows it and so does George Lucas,they’re panicking , and so most of Mythic has already been cannibalized to work in Austin on it because they can’t keep pushing back launch.

Unfortunately there’s no way to verify his statement at this time, but does this really mean the game will suck? There’s still time until SWTOR is released, and much can and will change. There’s no way to tell how the game will look when it’s released, and we can all only hope it will be perfect. Considering how many recently released MMORPG games really were bad, I’m hoping the same will not happen to Star Wars, a game we all eagerly await.

Furthermore EA Louse mentioned that Star Wars: TOR cost more than $300 million! To put it in perspective, he mentioned James Cameron’s Avatar which cost about $280 million. As a comparison, some sources claim World of Warcraft development and upkeep costs to date are far less than $200 million. While the amount of money EA put into SWTOR is certainly admirable, I wonder if the game can actually be that bad in the end?

Considering how much money they put into SWTOR, I think it’ll be a decent game with a lot of players. Will it ever reach the numbers of WoW is hard to say, but I doubt it will be a “failure“.

What do you think?
la source ? pas de source pas fiable.

et de plus tu risque des problème la. bref topic à fermer

CptGeek's Avatar


CptGeek
02.16.2012 , 12:23 AM | #6
Texte connu qui a meme été traduit il y a quelques mois Il est 100% fiable.

Il n'a pas tord, le seul truc originial du jeu se sont les voix, le reste c'est du vu et revu malheureusement.

Un joueur qui a trés peu connu les MMO voir pas du tout sera satisfait, les autres ne le seront pas dans l'ensemble.
Chef ! Oui ! Chef !

oxmoze's Avatar


oxmoze
02.16.2012 , 12:27 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Garrusvander View Post
la source ? pas de source pas fiable.

et de plus tu risque des problème la. bref topic à fermer
Tiens, le petit kapo de service est de sortie, vite, vite, cachons ce qui ne va pas dans notre sens...

Huffyfan's Avatar


Huffyfan
02.16.2012 , 12:34 AM | #8
On sent poindre un fond de l'amertume du mec qui s'est fait virer quand même...
Haros'Olm'Erios
Chiss fidèle à l'Empire
Agent Impérial - Tireur d'élite
FANATIC LEGION

Garrusvander's Avatar


Garrusvander
02.16.2012 , 12:38 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Huffyfan View Post
On sent poindre un fond de l'amertume du mec qui s'est fait virer quand même...
si c'est vrai car un post sans source ! n'est peu fiable, ensuite le mec ils c'est fait lourder ils essaient mais bon

Quote: Originally Posted by oxmoze View Post
Tiens, le petit kapo de service est de sortie, vite, vite, cachons ce qui ne va pas dans notre sens...
questqu'il y a tes pas content Mr Bean

oxmoze's Avatar


oxmoze
02.16.2012 , 01:02 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Garrusvander View Post
si c'est vrai car un post sans source ! n'est peu fiable, ensuite le mec ils c'est fait lourder ils essaient mais bon



questqu'il y a tes pas content Mr Bean
Je m'incline devant tant de répartie Mr Lefanboy!
GG ortograf.