Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Time to end Biochem reusables

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Time to end Biochem reusables
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vortech's Avatar


Vortech
03.15.2012 , 01:39 PM | #341
Quote: Originally Posted by Sodian View Post
This will be interesting when the reusable are phased out.
Not really, more pathetic then anything.. They've nerfed biochem out of viability and now they're killing it. BW should have spent time correcting all the broken crew skills rather then killing off one of the few that made sense. Now biochem will be gutted and left broken for lord knows how long.. They won't adjust mat requirements accordingly and they won't balance everything as would be required.. They're just killing it, they got tired of the uninformed crying 24/7.

Seems to be BW's mo, nerf it into the ground, let somebody else figure it out.

.ılılı Parallax Occlusion ılılı.
WEB MISSION TWITCH ENLIST

MATURE 24/7 PVP & RAID PROGRESSION GUILD

axelgrease's Avatar


axelgrease
03.15.2012 , 01:45 PM | #342
Honestly this is how I look at it. To make an exotech stim it cost around 40-50k on my server now i raid for 8-12 hours minimum a week. In that time I would need at least 6 but because of the way we raid 4 days i'd need more liike 8 stims thats 200k. In the time I raid I'll use a medpack probably 100 times so say those cost 20k thats 2 MILLION there and if i use my adrenals like I should then thats another 2-3 times per attempt minimum so thats another mil or so. We figured If you raid for 12 hours a week thats around 4.5 MILLION credits i've gotta farm to buy the proper items. Now granted if we one shot every boss thats more like 500k a week thats 3 days of dailies going straight to biochem items. That makes being a biochem with reusables necessary not any other reason. I look at biochem as saving me 2.5 million a week unless i dont raid. for pvp having that rakata medpack every 90 seconds sometimes means the difference between winning and losing and having the 150ish between stat/power always on makes it worth it. I am one of those who are retired and i get between 12-16 hours a day so if i use a stim every time its up and it last for 2 hours thats 8 a day or 400k just from stims not to mention medpacks and adrenals. I'd be spending over a million a day on biochem stuff. probably closer to 2-3 mil. Honestly if I didnt have reusable items i'd probably just go find a different game. Now that said I feel the reusable should be able to be used by other characters and sold. If that happened there would be a huge market. and it would save money for other professions to make money. making those items usable by everyone means that every alt of every person would want reusable. Now granted once you had a medpack and a surgeons medpack of each rank you wouldnt need any more ever but you'd need stims/adrenals and likely a crit and a power of those or a absorb or tech depending on tank/healing ability. Honeslty the rakata items should have been implants and not stims/medpacks/adrenals and we should just be using the level 48 purples.

Skylancewalker's Avatar


Skylancewalker
03.15.2012 , 01:46 PM | #343
I actually sell my re-usables quite often...people too lazy to get the re-engineered item themself. I disagree with the market. I would also like to point out that biochem would be pretty much pointless and not many would want it if reusables were taken out.

elorei's Avatar


elorei
03.15.2012 , 01:59 PM | #344
Quote: Originally Posted by Tadshackles View Post
No.

You "grind" by showing up and going afk, you still get loot.

PVE requires you to actually kill stuff. PVE requires a grind. PVP is LITERALLY "you get loot for being there - win or lose"

yeah same thing >.>
You get a lot fo your dailies done by losing? Wow, thats pretty cool. Other than the "hey you completed a warzone have 3 kills" daily, you have to win to get rewarded. If you are that bad, why not just go open boxes on ilum, its faster than warzones.

Spero-Mcgee's Avatar


Spero-Mcgee
03.15.2012 , 05:27 PM | #345
Quote: Originally Posted by elorei View Post
You get a lot fo your dailies done by losing? Wow, thats pretty cool. Other than the "hey you completed a warzone have 3 kills" daily, you have to win to get rewarded. If you are that bad, why not just go open boxes on ilum, its faster than warzones.
It's actually more effective to que for the wzs while on Ilum, because every 3 armaments you get saves you from having to do a wz. You have to play 10 wzs each day to complete that daily, hopefully you can also win at least 3 times during those 10 wzs to also get your no quarter daily, doesn't always happen but hey you tried right?
If you do this for 5 days during a week, you'd also nicely get your weekly done.
At least now we have to possibility to gear up in a reasonable time frame, I was really sick and rired of purposefully ending up farming medals because else the losses would taste even more bitter due to the lack of valor and wz coms. And the wz coms are the first and foremost currency needed to gear up, before you even reach the BM rank to be able to open up the BM stuff.

Fdzzaigl's Avatar


Fdzzaigl
03.15.2012 , 05:34 PM | #346
"Reusable" just shouldn't mean "Infinitely usable".

Make them have 5-10 uses and make them last through death (for stims) and be more powerful than regular ones.

Adrenals should be made in stacks of 5-10 as well, they're currently not worth buying for non-biochem (or they're worth it but just cost you your skin for 15 seconds of power).

Right now BioChem is still far more powerful than any other crafting profession, simply because of the infinite bonuses you get on stims, while others have to spend upwards of 20K for a single stim.

By comparison, I'm an armormech, and sell Dalarian smuggler items, which require both a Biometric Alloy and purple Perpetual Energy Cell (from raids / hardmodes) for 70k max.

Quote: Originally Posted by Skylancewalker View Post
I actually sell my re-usables quite often...people too lazy to get the re-engineered item themself. I disagree with the market. I would also like to point out that biochem would be pretty much pointless and not many would want it if reusables were taken out.
You can sell stims that don't require any exotic crafting materials for 20k a pop (on my server) while comparable blues from other professions aren't even being bought, and purples require significant effort.

You have it good, even without the dang reusables.

pairadox's Avatar


pairadox
03.15.2012 , 10:34 PM | #347
Quote: Originally Posted by Vortech View Post
Not really, more pathetic then anything.. They've nerfed biochem out of viability and now they're killing it. BW should have spent time correcting all the broken crew skills rather then killing off one of the few that made sense. Now biochem will be gutted and left broken for lord knows how long.. They won't adjust mat requirements accordingly and they won't balance everything as would be required.. They're just killing it, they got tired of the uninformed crying 24/7.

Seems to be BW's mo, nerf it into the ground, let somebody else figure it out.
Not true. As Biochem stims are substantially better than anything bought. They sell well, extremely well. Way better than anything my Cybertech, Artificer, Armormech, or Synthweaver can produce. Further, you seem to have simply looked into your crystal ball and determined that anything they do to biochem will equate to bad.

Since I have yet to see patch notes.

It might be premature.

Just a little.
Either you work with me, or I shoot you in the face.

HellsKeeper's Avatar


HellsKeeper
03.16.2012 , 11:03 AM | #348
I lol'd at this whole post....

biochem is fine....buff the rest...simple

Verdakk's Avatar


Verdakk
03.16.2012 , 12:18 PM | #349
Quote: Originally Posted by Chunkie View Post
Like the title says, i think it's time to end this. It clearly is overpowering because having a free heal, free adrenals and free stims is just too powerful.

Even Biochemists should want this change, because with so many biochemists, the market for stims and medpacs is just not there.

The perks for a biochemist should be stronger stim/adrenals/medpacs for their own use only. Change the reusables to the Exotech (requiring 400 biochem to use), and drop their mats to only requiring one Radioactive Paste (4 is absurd).

Adrenals are too expensive currently. A good start would be to cut their mats by half.

For ops schematics, make the Exotech have a 4 hour duration that anybody can use (and requiring 4 Radioactive Paste).

The other crafting skills aren't broken. Some require tweeks, but they ARE viable. It's just when people compare them to Biochem, they see it as useless. When people look up stims and see that 2 stims is the same price as a reusable, it's a no-brainer that stims are a ripoff or/and that biochem reusables is too fantastic to not have.
No. Biochem has been nerfed enough. Leave it be. 1.2 will see all these crafting changes and Biochem only got hated because it was OP at first, not anymore

Verdakk's Avatar


Verdakk
03.16.2012 , 12:22 PM | #350
Quote: Originally Posted by pairadox View Post
Not true. As Biochem stims are substantially better than anything bought. They sell well, extremely well. Way better than anything my Cybertech, Artificer, Armormech, or Synthweaver can produce. Further, you seem to have simply looked into your crystal ball and determined that anything they do to biochem will equate to bad.

Since I have yet to see patch notes.

It might be premature.

Just a little.
The mats required hardly justify nerfing biochem anymore across the board. On top of that you have to be biochem to reap the rewards. In 1.2 all the other crafters are getting huge buffs. Leave biochem alone dammit.