Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time to end Biochem reusables

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Time to end Biochem reusables
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Soulcheg
02.16.2012 , 01:36 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Chunkie View Post
Like the title says, i think it's time to end this. It clearly is overpowering because having a free heal, free adrenals and free stims is just too powerful.

Even Biochemists should want this change, because with so many biochemists, the market for stims and medpacs is just not there.

The perks for a biochemist should be stronger stim/adrenals/medpacs for their own use only. Change the reusables to the Exotech (requiring 400 biochem to use), and drop their mats to only requiring one Radioactive Paste (4 is absurd).

Adrenals are too expensive currently. A good start would be to cut their mats by half.

For ops schematics, make the Exotech have a 4 hour duration that anybody can use (and requiring 4 Radioactive Paste).

The other crafting skills aren't broken. Some require tweeks, but they ARE viable. It's just when people compare them to Biochem, they see it as useless. When people look up stims and see that 2 stims is the same price as a reusable, it's a no-brainer that stims are a ripoff or/and that biochem reusables is too fantastic to not have.
Yeah yeah, "i don't have biochem, but they have! NERF THEM, REMOVE EVERYTHING THEY HAVE!!! NAO, I DEMAND RIGHT NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

LordbishopX
02.16.2012 , 01:46 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by NuclearPanda View Post
How is it "broken mechanics" when in essense it's more of a "trade off"? We can't create armor and gear for ourselves (save for implants) and crit them with augments. The money we save on purchasing stims/medpacs is spent on purchasing gear for ourselves and our companions.

The money YOU spend on purchasing stims (and let's face it, it's only stims you buy because medpacs from the vendor are just as good and no one sells medpacs on the GTN) is offset by the money you save by creating gear for yourself and your companions.
Really making gear? Really lmao with all the free better gear you get in game? Once ur 50 you BUY pretty much zip in gear but pay out the arse for biochem products for life really a silly comparison. Heck even my companions are gear out the butt in FREE pvp gear. Crew skills other than BIOCHEM at 50 are the biggest troll on the player base ever.

LordbishopX
02.16.2012 , 01:47 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Sqyre View Post
I don't care if they nerf biochem or buff the other crew skills but something does need to be done, when everyone you run into has biochem and 400 cybertech's and artificers are dropping those professions to pick up biochem something is clearly wrong, IMO the reusuables should not be bop and they should not require biochem to use. that would greatly even the playing field, as a synthweaver I have two slots that I can fill with superior gear the same is said for biochems, but atm they also get the benefit of reusables.

Pretty much QFT end game is still BIOCHEM onry the others are nonsense atm.

NuclearPanda
02.16.2012 , 01:53 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Sqyre View Post
I don't care if they nerf biochem or buff the other crew skills but something does need to be done, when everyone you run into has biochem and 400 cybertech's and artificers are dropping those professions to pick up biochem something is clearly wrong, IMO the reusuables should not be bop and they should not require biochem to use. that would greatly even the playing field, as a synthweaver I have two slots that I can fill with superior gear the same is said for biochems, but atm they also get the benefit of reusables.
People dropping one skill for another are doing two things now:

1) Flocking to what they consider the FOTM with hopes of being super powerful (which as a Biochem myself I can tell you you're NOT. Our reuseables are no better than what's available to purchase) . In the instance of not being a Biochem it really means nothing because you can a) buy the stims yourself on the GTN and b) buy the medpacs yourself on the GTN. If you don't have the credits to buy those items you're playing the game wrong and using your crew skills/GTN poorly.

2) Being incredibly impatient by switching to the FOTM because the game has NOT been out that long and it's assured that Bioware will continue to release patches and adjustments to other crew skills. Armortechs? They should be able to repair themselves for free. Why drop a crew skill you've sunk HUNDREDS of thousands of credits in to advance to 400/400/400 to jump ship, spend more credits to advance and feel stupid when Bioware tweaks new abilities/schematics/whatever in future patches?
Thank god I'm an Arsenal DPS and not a Bodyguard healer. Patch 1.2 is going to make them worthless.

LordbishopX
02.16.2012 , 01:59 PM | #25
Lets see level other skills and make biochems rich or level biochem and save the credits you stick in some others pocket? Why work to farm credits just to make the other guy rich seems kind of silly actually. BIOCHEM > all the other crews skills making credits is easy especially if you don't have to make the other guy rich its a no brainer.

BIOCHEM the crack of swtor pretty simple not seeing that you must be blind.

KiranK
02.16.2012 , 02:02 PM | #26
I don't have any problem with biochem reusables as long as every other crew skill gets buffed to have something similar. Having reusable stims is like having another piece of gear. Since Biochemists have access to every single piece of gear someone like a synthweaver can use, it's clear that Biochem has a huge advantage. Does synthweaving have something Biochem can't use? Nope. And given that stims are obnoxiously over priced, forcing synthweavers to buy them just to keep up with biochemists is just unfair. What is Bioware more likely to do? Nerf Biochem again, of course. Why? Which takes less time, redesigning and buffing 5 crew skills or nerfing 1? It's not rocket science and we all KNOW how lazy Bioware has been when patching this game. RIP Biochem.
There's no QQing in baseball.

realID
02.16.2012 , 02:04 PM | #27
I have an infinite use stim... I use it for heroics and farmed content...

It's literally worthless to me. I use it only to speed things up.

For challenging stuff, I'm using Exotech, same as everyone else who cares about min/maxing.

No, Biochem doesn't need another nerf. It's not top dog anymore.

And 4 Paste = 3 (or 4 if you crit) Adrenals/Stims so please stop requesting the material cost to be lowered as it already was.

LordbishopX
02.16.2012 , 02:06 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
I don't have any problem with biochem reusables as long as every other crew skill gets buffed to have something similar. Having reusable stims is like having another piece of gear. Since Biochemists have access to every single piece of gear someone like a synthweaver can use, it's clear that Biochem has a huge advantage. Does synthweaving have something Biochem can't use? Nope. And given that stims are obnoxiously over priced, forcing synthweavers to buy them just to keep up with biochemists is just unfair. What is Bioware more likely to do? Nerf Biochem again, of course. Why? Which takes less time, redesigning and buffing 5 crew skills or nerfing 1? It's not rocket science and we all KNOW how lazy Bioware has been when patching this game. RIP Biochem.
You said it BW just designed it so poorly they need to learn from a certain huge nameless MMO where all crew skills at least had advantages here BIOCHEM rules end game period and having to grind just to pay for in game crack is sad so I made a BIOCHEM lol.

LordbishopX
02.16.2012 , 02:11 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by realID View Post
I have an infinite use stim... I use it for heroics and farmed content...

It's literally worthless to me. I use it only to speed things up.

For challenging stuff, I'm using Exotech, same as everyone else who cares about min/maxing.

No, Biochem doesn't need another nerf. It's not top dog anymore.

And 4 Paste = 3 (or 4 if you crit) Adrenals/Stims so please stop requesting the material cost to be lowered as it already was.
Hmmm if is not top dog why haven't you dropped it like all the others have dropped the other crafts for BIOCHEM cause its still top dog is why if your a min maxer you level the other crafts get the gear drop them get BIOCHEM back still top dog period. Every scenario BIOCHEM wins in the long run.

NuclearPanda
02.16.2012 , 02:12 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Xstone View Post
yep enough with nerfing biochem. buff the other professions. i shouldnt be penalized cause i diddnt chose another crafting skill. quit it with these posts.
The problem isn't with Biochem, it's with the other skills, and we all know that.

As for being "rich"? I make more money doing Dailies on Belsavis/Ilum than I do selling the stims on the GTN. Take that for what it's worth, but I'm not exactly Scrooge McDarth by having Biochem as my profession.

Bioware should tweak all the other classes and stop listening to people who keep *censored* about Biochem.
Thank god I'm an Arsenal DPS and not a Bodyguard healer. Patch 1.2 is going to make them worthless.