Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time to end Biochem reusables

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Time to end Biochem reusables
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kainsec
03.08.2012 , 01:41 PM | #251
I am a 400/400/400 bioc/dip/bioa

I don't mind removing reusable myself as long as the mats needed are better tuned the exotech adrenals so not worth crafting for personal use with the amount of paste they require.

Personally I think a good middle ground is that each stim, adrenal, and medpack have 2 schematics per quality level one that requires the user have biochem and one that doesn't. The one that requires a biochem to use would have less mat requirements preserving the idea that devs originally said that biochem should save money not be more powerful and the ones that do not require biochem would require normal mats.
level 50 Sith Assassin
level 50 Mara
Member of Shadow Empire

Macabakur
03.08.2012 , 01:52 PM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxell_Snow View Post

The nasty truth is that meds, adrenals, and stims are not expensive to make.
not true, not true at all. by the time you're making your 400 recipes you've spent a s'it ton of cash on getting the stims you want. to make the reusables takes alot of time. and alot of credits. is there a price upgrade from what we pay to make them than to what we sell them for? of course.. :P they arent cheap. If you think they are you are'nt a biochem, and if you are you're a low level one. not to gripe on you particularly but you're wrong.

GnatB
03.08.2012 , 02:15 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by Valketh View Post
Reusable stim/med = permanent benefit right?

How about you craft a chest piece, mod, barrel, blaster and equip it; it will persist through death and 2 hours later it vanishes...

Sounds like your logic on nerfing biochem is somewhat flawed.
Except that only biochems can use that reuseable stim. Everybody else is stuck with a chest piece, mod, barrel, blaster, etc. that poofs 2 hours later. (or in the case of adrenals, 3 minutes)

fungihoujo
03.08.2012 , 03:50 PM | #254
They need to make, with the costs to make one, the usable versions come in stacks when crafted- right now it costs about as much to make an adrenal that'd get used once as it does to craft a level 49 purple piece of gear- it's just way too costly.

Umerisa
03.10.2012 , 09:33 PM | #255
Just wanted to say something!

1. spotted some post about!
the cosumables have been to expensive on the gtm just one input there it is to easy to farm credits in this game!

2. They should never have given the game the daylie vendor, who are selling end mod's for customization gear. Cause that broke the other crafting profession, which made biochem the only viable choice! IMO

3. By removing the reusable the biochemist' will prob keep everything they make for them selves, and no one will get access to the craftable consumables.. And by removing the only biochem can use the reusable will also mean less profit being an biochemist! And all other crafting profession can still earn credits by selling mods, crystals, armor etc.

4. Just and idea and thought, give each crafting profession something that only that craftable proffesion can use.

Examples.
Make the artificer able to make only artificer crystal's and enhancement, and hilt's.
Make the cyber tech able to make only cyber tech mods, and armor mods.
Make both synthesizer and armor tech craftable augmentation slots, for there own gear.
Make the arms tech able to make arms tech only off hands, which are modifiable, and barrel only useable for arms tech.

This is just some suggestions, how to make some buffers for the other craftable's out there.

For me it isn't a mmorpg, without each crafting profession in game have something unique to offer as crafter profession you are picking up.

GeorgZoeller
03.11.2012 , 03:39 PM | #256 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Just a clarification, since I'm seeing a bit of misinformation around it.

We do not plan to remove the reusable stims. What we said at the Guild Summit is that we're going to phase them out - meaning while the itemization stat budget increases and new tiers of items are introduced, we're not intending to grow the reusable stims along with that at this time.

Glower
03.12.2012 , 09:17 AM | #257
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Jwe're not intending to grow the reusable stims along with that at this time.
And first aid kit!? I use it with my sniper...

GeorgZoeller
03.12.2012 , 09:20 AM | #258 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
And first aid kit!?
Neither

Danakar
03.12.2012 , 09:24 AM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Just a clarification, since I'm seeing a bit of misinformation around it.

We do not plan to remove the reusable stims. What we said at the Guild Summit is that we're going to phase them out - meaning while the itemization stat budget increases and new tiers of items are introduced, we're not intending to grow the reusable stims along with that at this time.
Heh heh, George my friend; this only makes things even more vague

The real question people would like answered is if there will ever be better reusable items that Biochems can make (for personal use) in the future or if it stops at what we can make now and that Biochems can never RE the new recipes into reusable versions anymore.

But the real question is 'Why?'. Why the intention remove the perk of a Biochem having reusables? They were not overpowered or anything; just a nice perk to have. So why not give similar perks to the other Crew Skills so all will have a perk for choosing a crafting skill? Now it seems the only benefit of having any Crew Skill is to become a production line factory and nothing more.

Lastly I hope you guys will also increase the number of items created per craft as at present time it takes a ridiculous amount of time and mats just to make a single medpack. If anything, consumables should be made in batches.

It's not heroic when I have to gather flowers all day just so my guild has enough medpacks/stims for an Ops.
Danakar <Legacy name taken> - retired Jedi Knight
The Fifth Order (fell to pieces after the merge)
|||||||||||||()█╣ Subscription cancelled, thanks BW/EA

ironwillaa
03.12.2012 , 10:25 AM | #260
My biggest issue is your charts at the guild summit showed that biochem is NOT the most used crafting now by far (artificer was) so why continue to nerf us? If you are buffing all the other end-game crafting, in the future biochem should get access to better stims to scale up their one useful thing (BiS Rakata implants are from dailies not from biochem so we really only get the reusable stims and resuable medpacks for our end-game utility).