Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time to end Biochem reusables

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Time to end Biochem reusables
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

skidrows
02.18.2012 , 05:12 AM | #101
As i see it remove reusable on purple pots, stim for Bio or simple add BOP on all pruple/orange items you can make in all crafting.

I want the purple pots/stims to be the best but everyone should be able to use it not just the ones how are Bio and as long as they are reusable it meen you need to craft 4 to get it to all your character (if you have 1 off all classes) and that is stuped, but it is to expensive if you only get 1/craft so it should make 10-20 depend on if you crit or not, *** it is now on Bio it should then be able to add 1 mod in all armour/weapons i have instead off needing to make ~10/character.

Spero-Mcgee
02.18.2012 , 09:38 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by skidrows View Post
As i see it remove reusable on purple pots, stim for Bio or simple add BOP on all pruple/orange items you can make in all crafting.

I want the purple pots/stims to be the best but everyone should be able to use it not just the ones how are Bio and as long as they are reusable it meen you need to craft 4 to get it to all your character (if you have 1 off all classes) and that is stuped, but it is to expensive if you only get 1/craft so it should make 10-20 depend on if you crit or not, *** it is now on Bio it should then be able to add 1 mod in all armour/weapons i have instead off needing to make ~10/character.
By the time you'd have lvled all adv. classes to lvl 50 to a max of 8, you'll be swimming in creds, taking biochem is good enough taking just once 1 time on the jedi knight because of the companion doc who has a bonus crit to biochem. If you got 4 chars to lvl 50 chances are you got more then enough income to farm enough bio and diplomacy mats to make plenty of blue stims. The blue stims here are even easier to make in comparison to say the flasks in wow, that also lasts through death and is active for 2 hours.
This might suck for adrenals but really now just like in say wow youre not going to use a (pot) adrenal for every group of mobs, you'd only use it for the boss fights.
For pvp? I dunno as much fun as that could be just popping an adrenal for that no thx, the blue stims will do. As for the implants? Well those are BOE, unless there are raid drops that are BOP. But if you want the implants for your biochemist and other chars just having biochem once is good enough. Taking it more then once is really rediculous.
I know I will be lvling each adv.class so that gives me access to all crafts + 2 extra of my choice that could be biochem I guess.
Bottom line is don't fall in the same thought process as others ooh must have biochem else I cant compete nonsense.

The crafts avaible atm are:
Biochem, Cybertech, Armstech, Armormech, Artifice, Synthweaving.
As for gathering materials? I have 4 chars now, they have all the gathering skills.
Basicly with another 4 adv.class lvled up getting mats would be even easier.
All that is holding you back in the end are creds.

Dee-Jay
02.18.2012 , 09:42 AM | #103
Buff the medpacks,

remove adrenals or give them to another profession.

NicWester
02.18.2012 , 09:44 AM | #104
Believe it or not, but some of us don't care about the market value.

Some of us craft for personal use only.

Spero-Mcgee
02.18.2012 , 09:49 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Dee-Jay View Post
Buff the medpacks,

remove adrenals or give them to another profession.
Buffing medpacks would make the pvp versions useless and would make it too strong in pvp.
Unless the use of crafted medpacks are forbidden in pvp, this won't work.
This would be fine for solo use or in raids. But I reckon in raids the issue that could occur is that healers have alot easier job if everyone in the raid can use a very strong medpack every 2 mins or whatever. Adrenals would only fit in biochem.
So the last option would be removing them but that's not going to happen.

Quote: Originally Posted by NicWester View Post
Believe it or not, but some of us don't care about the market value.

Some of us craft for personal use only.
This pretty much, as fun as it would be too sell lots of stuff for massive creds all it will do is fund your future RE plans and repair bills more or less. If youre on a low server pop like I am then being able to make pretty much everything, for any spec, any quality is great. Not to mention pimping out companions, helping friends and the guild far outweighs the creds anyday. Heck when I get as far as I mentioned above, I'll probably be giving away stuff practically for free on the GTN, no point in putting in huge prices if theres hardly anyone to buy them to begin with.

Blackardin
02.18.2012 , 09:56 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Chunkie View Post
Like the title says, i think it's time to end this. It clearly is overpowering because having a free heal, free adrenals and free stims is just too powerful.

Even Biochemists should want this change, because with so many biochemists, the market for stims and medpacs is just not there.

The perks for a biochemist should be stronger stim/adrenals/medpacs for their own use only. Change the reusables to the Exotech (requiring 400 biochem to use), and drop their mats to only requiring one Radioactive Paste (4 is absurd).

Adrenals are too expensive currently. A good start would be to cut their mats by half.

For ops schematics, make the Exotech have a 4 hour duration that anybody can use (and requiring 4 Radioactive Paste).

The other crafting skills aren't broken. Some require tweeks, but they ARE viable. It's just when people compare them to Biochem, they see it as useless. When people look up stims and see that 2 stims is the same price as a reusable, it's a no-brainer that stims are a ripoff or/and that biochem reusables is too fantastic to not have.
I actually like this suggestion.

I would contend, further, however, a few changes.

Grant them greater power for the intended level use. They are very weak currently.

Lessen the cost of mats and the time involved in farming them

Allow them to be produced in greater bulk, such as 2 to 6 pre turn.

This would tend to make the skill viable and the actual pots more useful and available to the average player at reasonable cost. Cost would be kept reasonable by the market production as well as market yield. In fact, doing so would tend to lessen the unbalancing effect of the perma-pots and tend to make them, if they remain bio-chem only, less of an issue as everyone would have access to equally powerful items at reasonable cost....a developed market.

Blackardin
02.18.2012 , 10:00 AM | #107
Quote:
I don't know about the viability of Biochem, but consumable items should be an end game money sink. There should be no reusable pots/stims/adrenals.
Following your contention, which I tend to agree with, and my above suggestion, the use of reusable pots by Biochemist would no longer be an issue of contention, but truly a perk of the trade.

Likewise, the injection of viable end game (obligatory second or third best in slot) mods, armor, weapons produced by the other trades should follow that model. Perks there should be an extra buff, or slot for the particular crafter as his perk. This would make even those viable to all up to the higher raid level, and definitely in the running for use while leveling.

That is a model, used to relative success, by other games. It is the best I've seen to date.

_Zorth_
02.18.2012 , 10:08 AM | #108
You have to be mentally unstable if you think Biochem is overpowered and needs to get nerfed..

Tell me this, What other benefit is there to go any other crafting skill?.. Nothing.

That means that all the other crafting skills are underpowered and suck, they need to get buffed. Biochem is a perfectly fine crew skill, just seems overpowered when you compare it to the other crew skills that are bad.

Easy Fix: Make the other crew skills just as rewardable as Biochem..
The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

Spero-Mcgee
02.18.2012 , 10:16 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by _Zorth_ View Post
You have to be mentally unstable if you think Biochem is overpowered and needs to get nerfed..

Tell me this, What other benefit is there to go any other crafting skill?.. Nothing.

That means that all the other crafting skills are underpowered and suck, they need to get buffed. Biochem is a perfectly fine crew skill, just seems overpowered when you compare it to the other crew skills that are bad.

Easy Fix: Make the other crew skills just as rewardable as Biochem..
Well said. It's not that Biochem is too good, the others arent great. Think BW even mentioned this and they are working on it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Blackardin View Post
Following your contention, which I tend to agree with, and my above suggestion, the use of reusable pots by Biochemist would no longer be an issue of contention, but truly a perk of the trade.

Likewise, the injection of viable end game (obligatory second or third best in slot) mods, armor, weapons produced by the other trades should follow that model. Perks there should be an extra buff, or slot for the particular crafter as his perk. This would make even those viable to all up to the higher raid level, and definitely in the running for use while leveling.

That is a model, used to relative success, by other games. It is the best I've seen to date.
I'm guessing you mean things, like scavenging giving bonus endurance or some such?
Or gives a certain temporary buff? Like in wow, having herbalism gave a haste buff?
If every crew skill were to get something similiar I'd agree, but unless they do, it's better not to mess anymore with biochem as it is.

Corran
02.18.2012 , 10:25 AM | #110
nothing needs to change until we see 1.2 in march

with 1.2 we are supposedly going to be able to pull the mods, enhancement and armoring out of pve and pvp set pieces and put them anything we want to have the look we want

why does this mean nothing should change with crafting as it is now? because crafted, moddable critted pieces will become best in slot in EVERY slot

this meansyou can have a crafted moddable weapon that has the crystal, barrel, mod and enhancement from that rakata weapon PLUS an augment of your choice. same is now true for all of the moddable pieces of armor that are craftable through armortech

all of you armor/armstech people out tehr play smart - get those biometric cyrstals adn start going for crit moddable pieces and saving them until this change hits. you will be billionaires overnight. i personally an willing to pay 5 million EACH for two mod crit blasters for my bh when this change hits.

since biochem crafted implants are not best in slot - rakata from dailies are - the value to end game money making for the profession won't be anywhere near on par as it will be with synthweaveing/armormech/armstech for those that have the resources and the will to farm biometrics and make crafted moddable gear
"No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect." - Corran Horn
http://www.twitch.tv/dixa1