End Game Mercenary DPS build

Kalgodric

Its pretty self explanatory, but 5/31/5 is how u want to spend ur points. Tracer x3 unload if it procs HSM rail shot tracer missile tracer missile. Rinse and repeat hitting HSM and rail shot on CD and unload when it procs. Obviously u will have to weave in rapid shots/vent heat/thermal sensors override to manage heat but that's the gist of it.

Its pretty self explanatory, but 5/31/5 is how u want to spend ur points. Tracer x3 unload if it procs HSM rail shot tracer missile tracer missile. Rinse and repeat hitting HSM and rail shot on CD and unload when it procs. Obviously u will have to weave in rapid shots/vent heat/thermal sensors override to manage heat but that's the gist of it.

One thing I can add is use fusion missile with thermal sensor override. It hits hard and dots. The huge negative is heat. So when you are ready to use thermal sensor override (when you are near 40 heat), throw in a fusion missile. More powerful that another tracer, and while it casts heat will get below 40 (max heat dissipation). Go back to normal rotation as mentioned above. Eventually you will get near max heat. Vent heat. Start over again, yet this time when you get over 40 heat start throwing in rapid shots (make sure to keep your stacks up). Keep it low until the boss is almost dead. Then go all out.

As for skill tree, there are guides in this forum. Look them up. Still some personal preference in there, especially if you PVP.

As for pyro dps, I am not a fan for raids. Arsenal is one of the most powerful dps's in the game (if not the most powerful). There are negatives for PVP where pyro is a lot more useful, but in PVE I would choose arsenal without question.

Edited by McGarnagle

Once you have the 4 piece bonus for the PvE Eliminator set you should use the following rotation: Tracer Missile x3, Heatseeker Missile (HSM), TM x2, Rail Shot with Unload used at the end of your rotation or before Barrage falls off. You should never have more than 39 heat except when you are going into Rail + Unload and then only between 40-48, and if another TM/HSM will push you over use Rapid Shots/Thermal Sensor. The reason for the 5 TM before Rail is to maximize Tracer Lock as the bonus it gives to Rail Shot's damage is substantial. Furthermore because Rail is effectively a net 5 heat loss ability at 0-39 heat with the 4 set piece you can use it at the tail end of your rotation with Barrage proc Unloads to give your Heat regen time. Furthermore the x2 TM gives you separation time in the CDs for HSM and Rail giving you more time to keep your heat down through Rapid Shots.

Once you have the 4 piece bonus for the PvE Eliminator set you should use the following rotation: Tracer Missile x3, Heatseeker Missile (HSM), TM x2, Rail Shot with Unload used at the end of your rotation or before Barrage falls off. You should never have more than 39 heat except when you are going into Rail + Unload and then only between 40-48, and if another TM/HSM will push you over use Rapid Shots/Thermal Sensor. The reason for the 5 TM before Rail is to maximize Tracer Lock as the bonus it gives to Rail Shot's damage is substantial. Furthermore because Rail is effectively a net 5 heat loss ability at 0-39 heat with the 4 set piece you can use it at the tail end of your rotation with Barrage proc Unloads to give your Heat regen time. Furthermore the x2 TM gives you separation time in the CDs for HSM and Rail giving you more time to keep your heat down through Rapid Shots.

I do not agree with unload at the end of the rotation. it should be used after the first 3 tracers. It's such a long cast that it becomes free when heat is below 40 (plus the vast majority of the time it will be procd at that point). Then continue to us it every time it procs. It's the most powerful attack when proc'd, and the long cast time makes up for the heat use.

if you use unload after the first 3, you can keep heat under 40 during after the first rotation. After that use fusion missile with thermal sensor instead of throwing in another tracer. From then on it's using unload when proc'd (you get red ribbons around you), rail when off cooldown (you should have the stacks from tracer by that point), and HS when off cooldown. IMO you should not be using rapid shots until you use vent heat. Do not fear using vent heat. Let your heat build up the first time and use it. Then worry about rapid shots while vent is on cooldown.

I agree with the above poster, Use unload as soon as it procs but not before you got 5 heat sigs.

I disagree with the 'it should be the 5/31/5 spec'. First of all we don't know which points are chosen, second of all, I am goin with 7/31/3 myself.

Reminding everyone the following build is PURE Operation build, so not a single PVP/Kiting utility, just the ultimate glass cannon spec.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300Mc0MZrIkroMdokfzZc.1

because unload (with at least 33 crit) actually REDUCES heat every time you cast it below 80% heat it should be cast every time it is available and you have any amount of heat.

other than unload being #1 priority always the quoted rotation is my opinion as well.

This is my spec for Arsenal. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300Mc0MZMIkrordokfzZc.1

I do crap tons of damage.

I used to use pinning fire, but I've found the jet boost talent really helps when I'm shoving droids away while doing G4B3 in KP. I get to click the buttons! :)

(also, I have a lvl 50 merc. Don't let my sig fool you!)

i would dump critical reaction for super charged gass and 1 pt in surgical precision ... super charged gast vents heat and adds 10% damage

Critical Reaction is a useless talent. As an Arsenal Merc, there should be no alacrity on your gear. 5% of 0 is 0, so that's 2 wasted points right there. Put 2 points into Integrated Cardio Package for the extra survivability.

My earlier post was from my cell phone, so I couldn't post my build, but here it is:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300McZrIkroMdokfzZcM.1

Kolto Vents/Custom Enviro Suit/Integrated Systems are all filler points. I grabbed them because in raids, I want it to be easy for the healers to heal me. U can put those points anywhere u want, u just need 30 spent to get HSM.

I also prefer to hit Rail Shot after 3 Tracer Lock stacks the first time. Once it's on CD, you can do 5 stacks all day long, I just don't see a huge difference in dmg and ur starting burst is better the earlier u hit RS.

Oh god, help!

5% is 5%, not 5% of current. You can put it into some utility items or you can put it here and get a possible dps increase. Casted skills(Tracer, Fusion, Power Shot) and channeled skills(Unload, DFA) are affected by alacrity and reduce the GCD when haste is incorporated. The problem with alacrity is procs(Barrage, Terminal Velocity, and ICD on trinkets) I believe you will run into dead times on procs with alacrity, but overall, if you can afford the heat, considering the surge changes it might be our go-to terciary stat once hard DRs are hit.

i would dump critical reaction for super charged gass and 1 pt in surgical precision ... super charged gast vents heat and adds 10% damage

I see, but it says it uses 30 charges of combat support cylinder. Since I don't use that cylinder, that's pretty much useless to me since I never get any charges right?

Oh god, help!

5% is 5%, not 5% of current. You can put it into some utility items or you can put it here and get a possible dps increase. Casted skills(Tracer, Fusion, Power Shot) and channeled skills(Unload, DFA) are affected by alacrity and reduce the GCD when haste is incorporated. The problem with alacrity is procs(Barrage, Terminal Velocity, and ICD on trinkets) I believe you will run into dead times on procs with alacrity, but overall, if you can afford the heat, considering the surge changes it might be our go-to terciary stat once hard DRs are hit.

That is the way I understood it in other posts and dealings on sithwarrior.com as well. Though it's only 5%, that 5% adds up over the course of a battle. As far as dead times go, I crit very often. I don't necessarily have any way of knowing 100% how often it's up, but I will say that it's up every time I look at my buffs/debuffs. The 4% alacrity boost might be more effective since it's always up. Either way this is min/maxing and I doubt the margin is that great to begin with to really argue about.

Edited by LordConnery

Oh god, help!

i think he is implying that 0 is the amount of alacrity he thinks you should have therefore 0 gain.

i think he is implying that 0 is the amount of alacrity he thinks you should have therefore 0 gain.

That's not right at all.. All characters have X alacrity. For Mercenaries, X = Make TM cast at 1.5 seconds and unload at 3 seconds.

So talents that increase your Alacrity by 4 (or 5%)% increase by x * 1.04 (or 1.05). Alacrity the stat increases your Alacrity by N or (X + N) * 1.04 (or 1.05).

So those talents ALWAYS increase your alacrity, even if you have 0 on your gear.

ALSO NOTE: Abilities with cast times do not invoke the full 1.5 second GCD. Their GCD is the amount of time they take to cast.

Therefore the GCD for a TM with enough alacrity to cast it at 1.4 is indeed 1.4, not 1.5.

PPS: It is my opinion that System Calibration is better than Critical Reaction. I think 4% alacrity is always better than 5% that can drop off in certain situations.

PPPS: Do i think Alacrity is good for a merc? I don't know, without a combat log, there is no way to tell, however I think it is better than a utility talent that doesn't do any damage.

I kinda remember a newsletter or something mentioning how alacrity affects your heat regen rates, but I cannot confirm that it does without a combat log.

Edited by Argolith

That's not right at all.. All characters have X alacrity. For Mercenaries, X = Make TM cast at 1.5 seconds and unload at 3 seconds.

So talents that increase your Alacrity by 4 (or 5%)% increase by x * 1.04 (or 1.05). Alacrity the stat increases your Alacrity by N or (X + N) * 1.04 (or 1.05).

So those talents ALWAYS increase your alacrity, even if you have 0 on your gear.

ALSO NOTE: Abilities with cast times do not invoke the full 1.5 second GCD. Their GCD is the amount of time they take to cast.

Therefore the GCD for a TM with enough alacrity to cast it at 1.4 is indeed 1.4, not 1.5.

actually there is no gcd for chaneled spells, if you want to split hairs here... you reduce the chanel to 1.4, any converstations about GCD on a chaneled spell is silly i think.

actually there is no gcd for chaneled spells, if you want to split hairs here... you reduce the chanel to 1.4, any converstations about GCD on a chaneled spell is silly i think.

Quite right, I just think of the GCD as anytime you cannot cast a spell, which includes channel time for another spell or during the GCD from an instant cast.

I would have to confirm there is no 1.5s GCD on channeled skills. Considering our channeled skills are over 1.5 seconds long, if you complete the channel obviously there is no GCD you are waiting on to cast a new skill. However if you are to clip an Unload within the initial 1.5 seconds are you waiting for it to complete before you can cast a new skill?

Alacrity - If tracer is down to 1.3 seconds, you can immediately cast another one after. If you use an instant cast ability, you have to wait the full 1.5 seconds before being able to cast another skill, even with alacrity.

a lot in the arsenal tree is optional and thus a lot of points will not be used. i'll list which are optional, which are required, and which are recommended

arsenal

Teir 1

requierd - ironsights, mandalorian iron warheads

Optional - integrated systems (if you wanna double up as an off healer)

Teir 2

required - upgraded arsenal, muzzle fluting

recommened - stabilizers (just because in raids your not supposed to be hit), custom enviro suit (highly recommended since I believe in future raids there will be boss that will have you required to have a specific amount of health)

Teir 3

required - tracer missile, target tracker

recommended - power barrier (same reason as stabilizers)

Optional - afterburners (if you want extra PvP utility)

Teir 4

required - terminal velocity, light'em up

optional - jet escape (if you want extra pvp utility)

Teir 5

required - tracer lock, riddle

recommended - kolto vents (helping healers is always a good idea)

optional - pinning fire (if you want extra pvp utility but its fairly weak)

Teir 6

required - barrage

recommended - power overrides (more thermal sensor overrides will help heat management if combined with unload)

Teir 7

required heat seeker missile

Bodyguard

Teir 1

requierd - hired muscle

recommended - improved vent (just means you can go further into heat before venting, thus more damage potiential)

optional - med tech (if you wanna be an off healer

teir 2

everything here is only if you wanna be off healer,

pyrotech

teir 1

required - advance training

optional - integrated cardio package (only if you dont want the pvp or off healing options)

dont get alacrity stuff.

Teir 2

dont get any of these since you wont be using that cylinder and you shouldnt be getting stunned, if you do in a boss fight it'll be long enough to fully vent your heat anyways.

now you'll just have to use your own brain to figure out what is to your liking and what isnt

What are all of you alacrity fans talking about? There is no base alacrity lol. Under tech, my activation speed is 0.00%. The talent specifically states that it increases your Alacrity by 5%.

In the end, get what you want, but at least IMO, Alacrity is a useless stat. You're better off stacking crit/surge/power for bigger hits and more crits to vent heat. I would rather pick the filler talents that give me more HP and more healing received because that gives you more survivability in raids for unavoidable dmg/standing in fire cause you're not paying attention or whatever.