Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Supreme Inquisitor Robe

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Supreme Inquisitor Robe

AetherMcLoud
03.22.2012 , 03:05 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by PiffyEQ View Post
As much as I love the appearance of this Robe, it will be rather useless since in 1.2 you can crit augment slots on orange gear Since they are introducing new schematics, I hope there is something that looks like this. I know they said you can RE armor to have a chance to learn that schematic, but they only mentioned end game gear, so I'm not sure if that will apply to regular dropped gear.

Crossing my fingers!
I'd rather not have those augments that going back to looking like a space clown with a skirt again.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

dnoisette
03.22.2012 , 04:13 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by PiffyEQ View Post
As much as I love the appearance of this Robe, it will be rather useless since in 1.2 you can crit augment slots on orange gear Since they are introducing new schematics, I hope there is something that looks like this. I know they said you can RE armor to have a chance to learn that schematic, but they only mentioned end game gear, so I'm not sure if that will apply to regular dropped gear.

Crossing my fingers!
Here are some good news for all of us inquisitors who love the look of that set: armormech (and possibly synthweaving) is getting the ability to RE almost all types of orange items, including the Supreme Inquisitor set, when 1.2 goes live. Armormechers will then be able to craft those orange items and they will gain an augment slot in case of a critical success. So you'll be able to keep wearing it at end game providing a crafter is willing to RE them. I am definitely doing that on the pieces I collected.

AetherMcLoud
03.22.2012 , 04:20 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by dnoisette View Post
Here are some good news for all of us inquisitors who love the look of that set: armormech (and possibly synthweaving) is getting the ability to RE almost all types of orange items, including the Supreme Inquisitor set, when 1.2 goes live. Armormechers will then be able to craft those orange items and they will gain an augment slot in case of a critical success. So you'll be able to keep wearing it at end game providing a crafter is willing to RE them. I am definitely doing that on the pieces I collected.
a) Armormech won't be able to craft Jedi/Sith stuff.
b) Noone who has the Supreme Inquisitor set has Armormech.
c) Synthweaving will probably be able to RE orange Jedi/Sith stuff
d) If the chance to get the schematic is anything less than 100%, who will ante their awesome Supreme Inquisitor set for the offchance to get the schematic, but also the chance to lose the set? I surely wont.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

dnoisette
03.22.2012 , 04:32 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
a) Armormech won't be able to craft Jedi/Sith stuff.
b) Noone who has the Supreme Inquisitor set has Armormech.
c) Synthweaving will probably be able to RE orange Jedi/Sith stuff
d) If the chance to get the schematic is anything less than 100%, who will ante their awesome Supreme Inquisitor set for the offchance to get the schematic, but also the chance to lose the set? I surely wont.
I do have the Supreme Inquisitor set on my assassin (as well as Synthweaving if your point c) is valid) and armormech on an alt and am willing to take the risk of REing it. I farmed Hoth and religiously checked the GTN for weeks so that I have more than one piece of most parts of the set and I'll keep trying until I get the recipe.

That said, I'd really like them to introduce more armor sets that look like the Supreme Inquisitor one, you know actual robe and pants...

goldhtown
03.22.2012 , 09:56 AM | #25
Right now i've been lucky enough to have collected 3 Supreme Inquisitors robes for my Assassin. One is binded already that I use, the other two are still BoE. Is somebody saying that I could potentially Re-engineer them and get a crit-crafted version of the robe with an augment slot? Is this confirmed somewhere actually or just speculation?

verfallen
03.22.2012 , 01:14 PM | #26
Real question is :even if its the case, whats your chance of getting the schematic REing the piece of armor worth over 500k on the GTN.

Otherwise, you'll get a very costly piece of Artifact.

goldhtown
03.22.2012 , 01:23 PM | #27
They really should make it so that augment slots can be added to existing orange gear, instead of setting up a situation where everybody looks exactly the same wearing easy to craft orange crit-crafted gear.

dnoisette
03.22.2012 , 04:17 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by goldhtown View Post
Right now i've been lucky enough to have collected 3 Supreme Inquisitors robes for my Assassin. One is binded already that I use, the other two are still BoE. Is somebody saying that I could potentially Re-engineer them and get a crit-crafted version of the robe with an augment slot? Is this confirmed somewhere actually or just speculation?
Here are some quotes from the blog post that acknowledge the current situation on REing the Supreme Inquisitor set in order to get a schematic out of it:

Quote:
Armormech crafters may now reverse engineer almost any modifiable outfit into an empty custom (orange) shell of the same name and appearance, which may now gain an augment slot when crafted with critical success.
Quote:
Modifiable weapons and armor can now be reverse engineered and researched into empty, custom (orange) shells with the same name and appearance, adding a wide variety of new outfits to the game.
It will also become possible to add an augment slot to orange gear that currently does not have one but that will be after 1.2 goes on live servers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller
Hey,

A bunch of you have brought up the point that reverse engineering orange quest item appearances would be a risky business.

That's true - which is why we did not enable reverse engineering for these. It would be pretty frustrating for players to destroy the quest reward they worked so hard to get for a chance at being able to craft the appearance.

Instead, many of the these appearances are now available through tradeable schematics found through mission discoveries.

Another clarification regarding augment slots:

In the mid-term (e.g. past Game Update 1.2), we are planning on adding means to the game that allow you to add augment slots to equipment you already have.

So while critical crafted appearances are the only source of augment slots in Game Update 1.2., this is a temporary arrangement that will change in the future when we implement means to retrofit existing gear (including social) with augment slots (without devaluing crafters in the process).
Hope that helps.

PiffyEQ
03.23.2012 , 12:20 PM | #29
That is awesome to hear! I still hope you can learn the schematic by RE, he mentions that MOST will have a chance of learning a schematic. But I am so happy we will get the chance to add Aug slots to existing armor at some point

SMBCharger
03.23.2012 , 05:39 PM | #30
I personally think the saber marshal's set looks better.
I could see the pants being cool for an assassin but would look odd on a sorceror.
Khaliss - Sith Sorceror
Quote: "The Darker The Better"