Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augments

Doomzx
02.15.2012 , 03:04 PM | #1
What stat should I put in my augment slot? Dps shadow. Willpower or crit?

Ecmelt
02.16.2012 , 08:55 AM | #2
Willpower of course.

Anrew
05.01.2012 , 04:05 PM | #3
Bump and asking if i want to bounce between infiltartion and tank spec pve and pvp whats the way to go then? Thanks

Nemectic
05.01.2012 , 04:43 PM | #4
Power for both questions tbh.
Lord Calypho - Sonbalin Ye'nila

SneakyErvin
05.01.2012 , 04:45 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemectic View Post
Power for both questions tbh.
As this man said, power. Dont pick willpower if you can get power, its inferior.
Ahahahahah!!

Izola
05.01.2012 , 04:47 PM | #6
OK, Dumb question...

I'm looking for the cheapest way to buy

1 War Hero's Aptitude mod 26...32 end, 51 WP, 30 Exp, 39 power
2 War hero's Adept ehancement 26...27 End, 30 Exp, 41 Power, 53 Surge

As far as least comm.

But to answer your question these two ^

Xinika
05.01.2012 , 04:54 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SneakyErvin View Post
As this man said, power. Dont pick willpower if you can get power, its inferior.
Nope.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
Army of One

Skolops
05.01.2012 , 05:06 PM | #8
There's been a lot of discussion over whether power or willpower is better. Not sure myself. I know Shin says willpower, and I've seen other who have used power to boost their damage to huge values.

It seems to me that willpower is probably better, because you're going to be trying to stack as much power in your other gear slots but have to sacrifice crit to do so. Now some thing crit is important, others less important, but it's certainly necessary to have in some degree, and gaining some extra crit from the augments seems the best way to avoid sacrificing it altogether as you gain your power. All of your other gear choices will give you two or three times as much power as an augment can, but they're the ones that give up crit. This means that it seems most cost effective to put willpower into those augments and get a little crit back, while sacrificing it for huge power numbers in the other slots.

Xinika
05.01.2012 , 05:37 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
There's been a lot of discussion over whether power or willpower is better. Not sure myself. I know Shin says willpower, and I've seen other who have used power to boost their damage to huge values.

It seems to me that willpower is probably better, because you're going to be trying to stack as much power in your other gear slots but have to sacrifice crit to do so. Now some thing crit is important, others less important, but it's certainly necessary to have in some degree, and gaining some extra crit from the augments seems the best way to avoid sacrificing it altogether as you gain your power. All of your other gear choices will give you two or three times as much power as an augment can, but they're the ones that give up crit. This means that it seems most cost effective to put willpower into those augments and get a little crit back, while sacrificing it for huge power numbers in the other slots.
Here's what people are not understanding about the WP v P argument for the augment.
Power is only better WITH Willpower. In this case, WP gives the damage and crit so that's why it wins.

If 18 Power v 18 WP, then WP is clearly the better choice.
Now if the augment was something like this:

+10 Endurance
+10 Power
+10 Willpower

Then this would be the better choice. Power acts a secondary additional damage boosting stat, not your primary. Therefore, 10+10= 20 Damage points. Whereas 18 alone will lose.
Get it?
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
Army of One

Skolops
05.01.2012 , 05:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
Here's what people are not understanding about the WP v P argument for the augment.
Power is only better WITH Willpower. In this case, WP gives the damage and crit so that's why it wins.

If 18 Power v 18 WP, then WP is clearly the better choice.
Now if the augment was something like this:

+10 Endurance
+10 Power
+10 Willpower

Then this would be the better choice. Power acts a secondary additional damage boosting stat, not your primary. Therefore, 10+10= 20 Damage points. Whereas 18 alone will lose.
Get it?
The reason some people prefer power is that the game multiplies your primary stat by 0.2 when calculating bonus damage, but it multiplies power by 0.23. In terms of straight damage, you get more point for point by adding power. The advantage to willpower is that it adds to other categories than just your damage.