Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where is the pvp skill?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Where is the pvp skill?

revned
02.15.2012 , 01:55 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Pwny_Express View Post
A great case for removing expertise from the game. A useless stat once everyone has it you might as well not have any.
It's the same as resilience which imo ruined pvp in WoW. All it did was stop the dragon slayers from pvp'ing with their dragonslaying gear.
L2

Sourceerror
02.15.2012 , 01:56 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by revned View Post
Clearly I'm bad when im stunned to death, literally. Use my CC breaker to be stunned again...man im bad!
Congratulations, you can move on to step 2 now that you've acknowledged that fact.

JBloom
02.15.2012 , 01:56 PM | #13
Well, first of all, get rid of the gcd.
Israel - Prophecy of the Five

Dahoff
02.15.2012 , 01:56 PM | #14
Clearly I'm bad when im stunned to death, literally. Use my CC breaker to be stunned again...man im bad!
Stuns = skill bro! DUH!
INFANTRY - Ajunta Pall
Igotyoubro Beans - 50 Bromando Combat Medic
Franksn Beans - 13 Jedi Sage

Perkysaurus
02.15.2012 , 02:01 PM | #15
Clearly you need to roll as a sorc bh or sage then you can claim to be all leet. This is marketed as a casual game to casual gamers so I would not expect them to put much effort into the pvp side of things beside the rankings they already said they were going to include. If after all the time mmo's hasd been around they have not gotten around to making pvp viable then they clearly don't want to be bothered.

Cobrarocks
02.15.2012 , 02:05 PM | #16
I will admit stuns and cc are out of hand in this game in mass pvp.... However in 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3, stuns/cc can be a HUGE advantage if used at the right time... And if a baddy uses them at the wrong time its hillarous.

Baalazar
02.15.2012 , 02:07 PM | #17
Remove expertise and assassins/shadows will 1-2 shot people.

Not much skill in that.

Cubertt
02.15.2012 , 02:08 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Pwny_Express View Post
A great case for removing expertise from the game. A useless stat once everyone has it you might as well not have any.
while the lets say 10% damage done would get evened out by the 10% dmg reduction, this does not take into account the 10% healing increase

so yea once everyone has equal gear the dmg and def **** evens out but the healers still heal for 10% more so it is not a useless stat.

Pulpp
02.15.2012 , 02:11 PM | #19
This game has a fair amount of "skill" involved, it's just that outside of 1v1, it turns into a focus fire affair/dps more than skill. It's Biowares fault for ramping up damage/heals with rather simplistic mechanics and aiming for fast paced pvp.

Outside of 8v8 warzones, pvp is nothing more than a zerg fest. The game scales pretty poorly.

ArchonGamer
02.15.2012 , 02:12 PM | #20
Don't use you break free until you resolve bar is WHITE, then you have 15 to 20 seconds of immunity. Snare however doesn't affect this which sucks.

I have seen people get the ball in hutt ball and with force speed be able to make it from just past middle to scoring while using their immunity from a correctly used break free.