Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mele DPS issues in PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Mele DPS issues in PVP

gwrtheyn
02.15.2012 , 01:27 PM | #1
all mele dps and mele tanks in DPS mode(non tank strance) have the same issues.
there is less an issue with sorcs/sage or BH/Commando dps

meles do not more dps than a rdps does,but they are in the middel of the fire of all enemys,so they die fast without cds/tank strance.
on top of this a lot stuns are 30ft,so you getting stuned a lot more than a range.
getting a knockbacks is by far worse as mele than as range.

suggestion:
-stuns leave a buff,which prevents stunning for 4sec(kd=stun)
-ALL CCs used on a player give resolve,knockbacks too,even if they are immune
-all 30ft stuns -> 5ft
-all aoe knockbacks-> single target knockback(exept Sniper/Gunslinger since self root)

DarthWomprat
02.15.2012 , 01:28 PM | #2
Not sure, but you would think that a melee dps that gets close enough to a cloth wearer should be able to do twice the dps at that point than a clothie.
"If Alderran were death starred right now, only hundreds of voices would cry out" - Lord Zalkido

venjinze
02.15.2012 , 01:32 PM | #3
FORCE SHEATH AND COMMENSE OBLITERATING RANGED WOOHOO!

you have the utility to get up close to the rdps, they will have a harder time once you are in their face... get up in their grill yo!
I'm a beast.

DosPeros
02.15.2012 , 01:35 PM | #4
Indeed melee is at a disadvantage over ranged in much of the combat except Void Star because much of the combat takes place in very close proximity.

I have found since the fixes to sentinel that we are now a viable PVP class on par with others.

I do think that we should get at least one ranged CC of 30 meters like an extended saber throw that requires no focus or at the very least mitigate the ranged CC the farther back they are

If you can not get off a force leap you have almost no way to build focus and are toast against ranged....

Atralis
02.15.2012 , 01:39 PM | #5
I've taken to the habit of walking up to a lot of dudes at first because I know they will toss me back about a mile when I start attacking them.

Then I charge them to get back in range.

I will definetly say that Knockbacks that also root are just *********** stupid. The root component should be removed from pvp. You already tossed me half way across the map is it really necessary for me to be bolted to the ground for several seconds when I land?

Huttball is a nightmare for melee- Especially for sentinels. Every class except for sentinels and marauders has an ability that will toss our asses right off those narrow platforms.

Sourceerror
02.15.2012 , 01:41 PM | #6
All of your concerns are resolved by not sucking.

Hyppyrotta
02.15.2012 , 01:43 PM | #7
I play madness assasin because if I go deception I will be dead before I can do anything, mid range skills allow me to dot everyone without being noticed at all. With deception it is just not very fun to rush close to someone and get ccd and die without doing anything and the dps for madness is the same or might be even better if I get all my dots running.

KeltikTwo
02.15.2012 , 01:48 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Atralis View Post

Huttball is a nightmare for melee- Especially for sentinels. Every class except for sentinels and marauders has an ability that will toss our asses right off those narrow platforms.
Operatives have a KB ? Damn I need to find it !

gwrtheyn
02.15.2012 , 01:51 PM | #9
Sniper not in cover = Operatives a lot ppl think ^^

Jabtiz
02.15.2012 , 02:36 PM | #10
I would feel a little bad for the glow stickers if I got to hold up my riffle and block crap without trying. But believe me when I tell you that it is annoying. And knockbacks are a problem for everyone. There is way to much CC in this game.