Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Another Tracer Missile Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Another Tracer Missile Thread

Undorett
02.15.2012 , 01:27 PM | #21
Almost every arsenal merc in the game would love tracer missile damage nerfed if you boost their finisher skills like HSM, RS, and Unload. Does tracer missile hit for too much, maybe, but their overall DPS in WZ and probably PVE is not out of line when compared to other ranged classes in SWTOR. Arsenal line is a sustained damage line, not a burst damage line like pyro (who do more DPS in WZ than arsenal mercs currently).

Nerfing tracer missile without either a complete overhaul of the arsenal line or increasing finisher damage would neuter the spec and they would all shift to pyro and steam roll you on the move.

The ease of play-ability of the class does not, and should not, directly effect its damage output.

Also, I am beyond sick of seeing posts of people saying they got steam rolled by 3-5 mercs casting tracer missile on them. If you are being focused by 3-5 of any class, or combination of classes, you are going to die - end of story.

vindianajones
02.15.2012 , 01:27 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Qilz View Post
Then discuss it in one of the other 50 threads on the issue. This is nothing more than another cry for attention by someone who can't play their class.
After several pages, those threads tend to get so cluttered by meaningless posts such as yours, it becomes impossible to have a real discussion amidst all of the garbage. So people start new ones. This is how forums work.

revned
02.15.2012 , 01:28 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Descends View Post
im sick of nerfs, how about make other things worth doing and more fun.
But, we can't spam undying rage...HUGE difference there. And yeah undying rage is OP, but when it wears off...we dead! When tracer missle wears off what happens? KNOCK BACK MORE TRACERMISSLE SPAM!
L2

Arynai
02.15.2012 , 01:31 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Qilz View Post
Then discuss it in one of the other 50 threads on the issue. This is nothing more than another cry for attention by someone who can't play their class.
You've already proven that you can't contribute anything except mindless dribble to the discussion so you should avoid making yourself look like more of a fool by continuing. I'm not going to get any responses to my opinion if I post on page 38 of any of the other TM threads.

Jones hit the nail on the head, the problem lies with the design of the tree. While I seriously doubt that BioWare would consider reworking an entire class tree either out of fear of losing Merc subscriptions or simply because they're proud of the Arsenal tree and wouldn't want to touch it.

Whatever the issue is, the main problem is the class design and not the ability itself. While Tracer Missile itself does have it's problems, it would be solved almost entirely by taking the emphasis off of it and making the damage rotation focus on other things as well.
Darth Vethryn - Sith Marauder - <Aggresive Opposition> - Infinite Empire

revned
02.15.2012 , 01:32 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Undorett View Post
Almost every arsenal merc in the game would love tracer missile damage nerfed if you boost their finisher skills like HSM, RS, and Unload. Does tracer missile hit for too much, maybe, but their overall DPS in WZ and probably PVE is not out of line when compared to other ranged classes in SWTOR. Arsenal line is a sustained damage line, not a burst damage line like pyro (who do more DPS in WZ than arsenal mercs currently).

Nerfing tracer missile without either a complete overhaul of the arsenal line or increasing finisher damage would neuter the spec and they would all shift to pyro and steam roll you on the move.

The ease of play-ability of the class does not, and should not, directly effect its damage output.

Also, I am beyond sick of seeing posts of people saying they got steam rolled by 3-5 mercs casting tracer missile on them. If you are being focused by 3-5 of any class, or combination of classes, you are going to die - end of story.
The last paragraph is so true. Sadly, this game isnt about skill from any class, I think I've finally come to terms with that. In other games if you were good at your class you could go 2v1 with people and still win, assuming the other 2 people were mediocre. But, here, do to the 10k plus cd's that everyone has, it's impossible to show true skill. You can't survive 12 seconds of stuns/roots and come out on top... Same with multiple mercs on you, even 2 on you and you won't survive. On my marauder i've had 5 people just clobber me and during that 5 seconds of living i had 3 stuns on me...and i see the assassin use his knockback after im dead, glad stuns and knockbacks are part of peoples dps rotation, isnt it obvious these skills arent on too short of a CD?
L2

Jalal
02.15.2012 , 01:32 PM | #26
It's channelled.

It can be Los'ed.

It is really our only significant damage ability that most other abilities use.

The damage is actually even or less than a lot of ranged classes.

We are easily shut down.

On another note 4 marauders jumped me and I died in half a second. Nerf marauders?

Qilz
02.15.2012 , 01:32 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by vindianajones View Post
After several pages, those threads tend to get so cluttered by meaningless posts such as yours, it becomes impossible to have a real discussion amidst all of the garbage. So people start new ones. This is how forums work.
You mean full of bad players crying about a skill? Yes, you are right. Those threads are full of them. They are also full of others telling them they suck so they go start thread #27847893748927847280 so they can feel unique.

Baalazar
02.15.2012 , 01:34 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jalal View Post
It's channelled.

It can be Los'ed.

It is really our only significant damage ability that most other abilities use.

The damage is actually even or less than a lot of ranged classes.

We are easily shut down.

On another note 4 marauders jumped me and I died in half a second. Nerf marauders?
Ikr people are mad because they lose 1v4. Thats beyond laughable.

Qilz
02.15.2012 , 01:34 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Arynai View Post
You've already proven that you can't contribute anything except mindless dribble to the discussion so you should avoid making yourself look like more of a fool by continuing. I'm not going to get any responses to my opinion if I post on page 38 of any of the other TM threads.

Jones hit the nail on the head, the problem lies with the design of the tree. While I seriously doubt that BioWare would consider reworking an entire class tree either out of fear of losing Merc subscriptions or simply because they're proud of the Arsenal tree and wouldn't want to touch it.

Whatever the issue is, the main problem is the class design and not the ability itself. While Tracer Missile itself does have it's problems, it would be solved almost entirely by taking the emphasis off of it and making the damage rotation focus on other things as well.
And I will keep contributing to your useless thread as well. You keep claiming you are not saying it's overpowered. You keep claiming it's bad design and should be changed. You don't play the class.

So here's a questions for you.

Why do you care if it has no effect on you.

Answer: You are whining in disguise.

Kentontudor
02.15.2012 , 01:35 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by revned View Post
The last paragraph is so true. Sadly, this game isnt about skill from any class, I think I've finally come to terms with that. In other games if you were good at your class you could go 2v1 with people and still win, assuming the other 2 people were mediocre. But, here, do to the 10k plus cd's that everyone has, it's impossible to show true skill. You can't survive 12 seconds of stuns/roots and come out on top... Same with multiple mercs on you, even 2 on you and you won't survive. On my marauder i've had 5 people just clobber me and during that 5 seconds of living i had 3 stuns on me...and i see the assassin use his knockback after im dead, glad stuns and knockbacks are part of peoples dps rotation, isnt it obvious these skills arent on too short of a CD?

Couldn't agree more. There's no variety in the gameplay. You can't show your true skill with your class... The PvP was not created this way. There's no way that you can 1v2 and live through it.
TonyPerkis - Arsenal Mercenary