Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Another Tracer Missile Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Another Tracer Missile Thread

Arynai
02.15.2012 , 12:56 PM | #1
Alright first of all, all of the Mercs around here that I've seen saying "well what else do you want us to cast?" are completely missing the point. Let's get this out in the open.

WE ARE WELL AWARE THAT YOU DON'T HAVE MANY OTHER ABILITIES. THANK YOU.

3 main abilities is not an example of good class design.

Let's face it, Tracer Missile is grossly overpowered. It does way too much damage for it's ease of use, I don't care if it's needed in order to use other abilities. Doesn't it feel like bad class design that for the vast majority of a fight you have to sit there immobile and cast this ability?

In my experience, nearly every Merc that I've seen involved in an argument with another player who mentioned TM being overpowered acts like there isn't anything wrong and that they should just "deal with it noob." That's what we're seeing on the forums we well. Sorry guys, wrong attitude when you're playing a class that requires next to no skill and is obviously overpowered. I played an Operative before the HS nerf and you're damn right it was overpowered and I knew it, never gloated about it.

Honestly BioWare takes the fault for it. Why does it not have a cooldown? I would be fine with it being an ability with higher damage than it has currently that can be used either outright or on a proc with a cooldown time.

Now, about fighting Mercs. Yeah interrupting TM is easy and will lock them out for 4 seconds and that's wonderful. Besides that each class will have maybe one other way to interrupt the next one. However, LoS is NOT an option because let's keep in mind that there are other enemy players most likely nearby as well. Now that will always be a factor, obviously, but the fact remains that using LoS isn't really a solution.

So I block them from attacking me for as long as I remain out of LoS, then what? Eventually I have to head back in there. Being a melee class you can see how I'd be apprehensive about heading into ranged territory.

I'd love to play a Merc myself but that playstyle doesn't interest me in the slightest and it would be nice if it was balanced not just for everyone else's sake but current Mercs must find it boring.

Oh and I was a 873624th time Gladiator in WoW, my net worth is over 24 billion, AND I know the meaning of life. Because I know someone will ask for my credentials for some reason.

Let's see if we're capable of some intelligent discussion on this subject.
Darth Vethryn - Sith Marauder - <Aggresive Opposition> - Infinite Empire

Qilz
02.15.2012 , 12:58 PM | #2
This thread is new an original. I notice you play a Marauder...if you have problems with Mercs, I don't even know where to begin with you.

Descends
02.15.2012 , 12:59 PM | #3
i just came out of a warzone 15 minutes ago...5 bounty hunters all spamming tracermissile. there is a problem :P

Cruxe
02.15.2012 , 12:59 PM | #4
They can nerf TM when they nerf Undying Rage. That **** is bonkers.
This is not the droid you're looking for.

Quote: Originally Posted by Makar View Post
I used to shoot arrows into completely different dimensions, until bizarro me took an arrow to the knee.

Descends
02.15.2012 , 01:00 PM | #5
im sick of nerfs, how about make other things worth doing and more fun.

Baalazar
02.15.2012 , 01:00 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Qilz View Post
This thread is new an original. I notice you play a Marauder...if you have problems with Mercs, I don't even know where to begin with you.
^ this guy pretty much sums it up. If one on one you are losing to mercs there is no hope for you.

Kerraii
02.15.2012 , 01:01 PM | #7
If they have Tracer Missle then let them use it.
Sage has pebbles
Sorc has lightning
Sniper has grenade for whatever reason
Operative has Hidden Strike.

lets get past the op skill BS and just play

Seductivpancakes
02.15.2012 , 01:02 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Descends View Post
i just came out of a warzone 15 minutes ago...5 bounty hunters all spamming tracermissile. there is a problem :P
This isn't any different from running in to 5 sorcs healing each other or 5 snipers sniping your team.

All this shows is that people fall for FOTM easily.

Naroga
02.15.2012 , 01:03 PM | #9
I agree with him completely. I play a Sentinel and I tear Mercenaries/Commandos apart. This is irrelevant. There are plenty of other classes that can't.

The problem is when you can't attack the Mercenary/Commando or there are multiple ones. The ease of play combined with the high damage and survivability of the class is the problem. I have a level 28 Commando who I shelved because the gameplay was too simple.
-- Naroga Korzen -- Jedi Sentinel of <Fatality> -- Thana Vesh, PvE --

Quynhdolin
02.15.2012 , 01:03 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Baalazar View Post
^ this guy pretty much sums it up. If one on one you are losing to mercs there is no hope for you.
seriously, there is so much you can do with a marauder against.. any class.