Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Way too much CC!?

Buckit
02.15.2012 , 02:19 PM | #41
The two of you missed my point. Go back and re-read.

I'm done playing whack-a-troll so I'm quitting this thread. Laterz

Amp_
02.15.2012 , 02:24 PM | #42
It is excessive. There's just way too much of it throughout all of the classes.

That being said, resolve also has to be considered. In my opinion it's a broken mechanic and needs to be revamped. Maybe if they do a better job with resolve, then the CC won't be a problem.

revned
02.15.2012 , 02:26 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Amp_ View Post
It is excessive. There's just way too much of it throughout all of the classes.

That being said, resolve also has to be considered. In my opinion it's a broken mechanic and needs to be revamped. Maybe if they do a better job with resolve, then the CC won't be a problem.
Exactly, and remove knockbacks ffs...or limit it to 1 class having it...
L2

copasetic
02.15.2012 , 02:28 PM | #44
I don't have a problem with CCs as much as I do with Snares/Roots not affecting Resolve.

If Snares/Roots affected Resolve, I could get a better feel as to where CCs are. Bioware fails to realize that being Snared/Rooted as a melee class is nearly the exact same as being CC'd. As a Rage Juggernaut, the only ranged abilities I can use while Rooted/Snared are Force Scream, Vicious Throw, and Saber Throw. Vicious Throw and Force Scream both have a very small range so the only ability I can use while Rooted/Snared is Saber Throw. How is this different from being CC'd again?

Snares/Roots either need to have their own diminishing returns system that is separate from Resolve or Snares/Roots need to affect Resolve. If they affected Resolve, enemy players would be forced to use their CCs more wisely instead of spamming them whenever they are up. They would be forced to ask themselves:

"Should I use my CC that fills 90% of his Resolve bar or should I use the one that fills 40% and save some Resolve for my Roots/Snares?"

Please either add diminishing returns to Snares/Roots or make them affect Resolve. Then I can give an accurate judgement on where CCs stand.

Xcore
02.15.2012 , 02:49 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Jellison View Post
As a gunslinger you have-
Light armor
Low Health
Squishy anti-stealth tactics

Sounds balanced to me. BioWare's strategy is to give everyone a fair chance despite class. If you don't like it, maybe you should head back to WoW.
You have no idea what youre talking about... I don't have light armor or low HP... LOL

MightyAl
02.15.2012 , 02:54 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by revned View Post
Exactly, and remove knockbacks ffs...or limit it to 1 class having it...
No, we need MOAR KNOCKBACKS. How else can a trooper play Sith tennis properly?
I Sith'd a girl and I liked it...

revned
02.15.2012 , 06:34 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by MightyAl View Post
No, we need MOAR KNOCKBACKS. How else can a trooper play Sith tennis properly?
****, give every class a knockback then...replace the huttball with a random team-mate and teh first team to knock him back 3 times gets a score.
L2