Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Way too much CC!?


Bizwolf's Avatar


Bizwolf
02.15.2012 , 01:46 PM | #21
So easy to fix. Make resolve work for everything that stops your character from your control...done. Too many things don't effect resolve.

revned's Avatar


revned
02.15.2012 , 01:47 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravaran View Post
I actually enjoy the amount of cc's in this game. When both teams in pvp have good players and good healers...really the only way to win is to skillfully time your cc's. Of course it can be frustrating, but it goes both ways.
But cc's arent skillfully used. They're spammed to death, I've been 3v1'd when i was at 15% hp and was stunned...Being that cc's are on such short cd, they're spammed. end of story....

To the OP...it's not about TOO much cd....it's about TOO short of cd's as you outlined. The game wouldnt feel like a spamacious cc fest if ccs were put on 5 minute cd's or longer, or take things like flashbang and make them single target cc. an aoe cc for 8 seconds....i understand that damage breaks it but i swear i never get hit when im flashbanged.

So many things need addressed as far as cc goes...but it's ok, expertise will fix it...rofl.
L2

Kayse's Avatar


Kayse
02.15.2012 , 01:47 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Cubertt View Post
lol if i did that i wouldnt cap 300k dmg almost every game with over 20k prot ( i know 20k isnt good i should get a lot more but im not the best taunter) and often being top or close to the top in objectives.

make more assumptions about me just because i disagree with you
Interesting, but 400-500k Dmg on my BH (Easy class though), but 400-500k with an average of 75-100k healing per game on my Marauder. It's not difficult.

And it's not so much that you just disagree with me or anything, its the fact you are so blind/rude to the tor community as you make false assumption yourself as you cry out that you are omniscient and omnipotent because you read a resolve post, which you clearly don't fully understand. And one that no one can completely understand because it is bugged and almost always random. To claim you have a broken/bugged mechanic solved in itself is false and a lie and you are clearly here merely just to annoy people.
The <Stormdust> Legacy - Ebon Hawk
Griever/Vasuki- Sentinel Gabranth - Marauder
Nizome - Vanguard Bebop - Mercenary Metraton - Shadow
(R60 1/14/12 R60 2/14/12 R60 4/26/12)

DGolubets's Avatar


DGolubets
02.15.2012 , 01:48 PM | #24
CC is the core of PvP in MMORPG.
If there was only max 3 sec cc this game would turn into mindless zergfest.

The only thing I hate is knockback. But it's because of Huttball over and over again. 9 out of 10 games I play Huttball. In other WZs even knockback is OK.

Jellison's Avatar


Jellison
02.15.2012 , 01:48 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Xcore View Post
Why in the world doew every class have a low CD Root/Snare, Knockback and several stuns?! This has to be the most skill-less PvP environment.... Timing is irrelevant as you have so much CC.

Resolve does nothing... completely useless.


Just as a Gunslinger, I have:

Blind, AOE CC.... - low cd
Root, ranged root - low cd
Stun, melee stun - low cd
Knockback with talented root, AOE/Melee Range - low cd
Knockback #2 (Talented Aimed Shot), Melee range - low cd

This is ridiculous... In SW:TOR everyone is essentially a frost mage + balance druid? This is incredibly frustrating and nearly skill-less completely.
As a gunslinger you have-
Light armor
Low Health
Squishy anti-stealth tactics

Sounds balanced to me. BioWare's strategy is to give everyone a fair chance despite class. If you don't like it, maybe you should head back to WoW.
Flagging and getting flagged, all day every day.

GregMD's Avatar


GregMD
02.15.2012 , 01:49 PM | #26
It's too much, especially when the pvp is based around warzones. I get fed up with getting constantly electrocuted by sorcs and flash grenaded by operatives after about 1 minute into a warzone.

revned's Avatar


revned
02.15.2012 , 01:49 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Bizwolf View Post
So easy to fix. Make resolve work for everything that stops your character from your control...done. Too many things don't effect resolve.
Resolve is a joke....much like you said, too many things DONT effect it. Having multiple stuns on you at the same time doesnt increase resolve, still only effects it as if one hit you. I don't much care for warcraft but diminishing returns is something they DID get right...especially when noob rogues were kidney shot happy and 3 of them jumping a prot warrior would use it on him and the entire duration only lasted 2 seconds tops due to immediate DR.... I bet this resolve thing looked REALLY good on paper.
L2

Cubertt's Avatar


Cubertt
02.15.2012 , 01:51 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Kayse View Post
Interesting, but 400-500k Dmg on my BH (Easy class though), but 400-500k with an average of 75-100k healing per game on my Marauder. It's not difficult.

And it's not so much that you just disagree with me or anything, its the fact you are so blind/rude to the tor community as you make false assumption yourself as you cry out that you are omniscient and omnipotent because you read a resolve post, which you clearly don't fully understand. And one that no one can completely understand because it is bugged and almost always random. To claim you have a broken/bugged mechanic solved in itself is false and a lie.
lol im sorry for being rude and i have been, but its only because a majority of the people psting have no idea how resolve works and as ive been spamming in most of my threads

SIMPLY READ THE RESOLVE THREAD AT THE TOP AND PRACTICE

i wasnt stating my stats to stroke my e peen just simply stating that i don't stealth and only come out when someone below 30% like someone claimed. noone could get close to 300k dmg if they did that lol

i agree ive been rude, and im sorry, but its annoying reading the same threads over and over again when the large majority of the people on them have no idea what their talking about.

ill try to refrain from being rude but i doubt this community that u defend will learn to read basic guides before QQing about things.

Buckit's Avatar


Buckit
02.15.2012 , 01:52 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Cubertt View Post
make more assumptions about me just because i disagree with you
assumptions about you aren't made based on disagreement. they're based on your behavior on the forums.

Cubertt's Avatar


Cubertt
02.15.2012 , 01:53 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Buckit View Post
assumptions about you aren't made based on disagreement. they're based on your behavior on the forums.
so behavior equals skill? tell that to terrel owens or ocho cinco or oj simpson or michael jordan or... on and on and on and on and on...