Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Way too much CC!?

Lividcalm
02.15.2012 , 01:03 PM | #11
Play a Marauder.

No knockback. Limited CC and stuns.

I agree some classes depend far too heavily on CC and KB's, but they also cater to the less skilled player base, which ultimately are easy to kill.
Elryck - HAKD

Port Nowhere

Cubertt
02.15.2012 , 01:04 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravaran View Post
Yeah in a 1v1, that sounds right. but then you're both immune if you blow them all ASAP..and then you fight it out. Or perhaps you don't blow them all right away and let a heal get through so his resolve bars goes down a bit. You have to make that choice.

But even after all this, pvp is rarely even about 1v1s....its 8v8, and its usually not the best strategy to ever blow all your cc's on one person. In a multi-person fight its the changing of targets and placing of cc's on different people at specific times which determine an effective strategy or not.

Like I said, its frustrating, but it goes both ways. If we reduce the number of cc's or their durations, we will run into a whole new set of problems, and IMO leave us with less strategy to work with.
rightly said chap

Mohawksinspace
02.15.2012 , 01:07 PM | #13
It's all about using your CC's appropriately. I encourage beginners to read the CC tips from link in my sig.
Ma'iq - Sith Assassin
Darkness - Gardens of Talla
CC Tips:http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=283501

Buckit
02.15.2012 , 01:18 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravaran View Post
.really the only way to win is to skillfully time your cc's
Which makes PVP a dull experience.

Cubertt
02.15.2012 , 01:21 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Buckit View Post
Which makes PVP a dull experience.
every MMO ive ever played has been based on CC for pvp

Vember
02.15.2012 , 01:23 PM | #16
Snares, roots, incapacitates and paralyzes bypass resolve. Resolve drains like sieve when these affects are applied, yet you're still unable to control your character. Electrocute also seems to bypass resolve about 60% of the time.

At any rate, I agree with the OP. There is far too much CC in this game.

Cubertt
02.15.2012 , 01:27 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Vember View Post
Snares, roots, incapacitates and paralyzes bypass resolve. Resolve drains like sieve when these affects are applied, yet you're still unable to control your character. Electrocute also seems to bypass resolve about 60% of the time.

At any rate, I agree with the OP. There is far too much CC in this game.
incapacitates do not go through resolve,

and i dont experince the getting stunned while full resolve thing you say

Cubertt
02.15.2012 , 01:40 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ouTJumped View Post
Hopefully he experiences the worst kind of hell and is CC'ed a whole game.
lol im a BM infil shadow one of the squishiest classes in the game.

the only time i ever see "too much CC" as any sort of problem is on voidstar when you don't have a healer, but if u dont have a healer ur gonna be ****ed anyways.

i know its hard to learn how to play a new game so its okay that you newbs think

kockbacks dont count towards resolve and neither do incapacitates, that slows and snares are categorized difrently, and you dont trinket after resolve.

Kayse
02.15.2012 , 01:42 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Cubertt View Post
lol im a BM infil shadow one of the squishiest classes in the game.

So you stay stealth nearly every game and gank people when they are low...Bravo?

Im all against xserver warzones, but i think i'll enjoy killing you quite a bit on my BM BH and my soon to be BM Marauder (56).

And lol knockbacks dont add up to Resolve? Wow, what game have you been playing? I get knocked around 4 times and my resolve is finally full.
The <Stormdust> Legacy - Ebon Hawk
Griever/Vasuki- Sentinel Gabranth - Marauder
Nizome - Vanguard Bebop - Mercenary Metraton - Shadow
(R60 1/14/12 R60 2/14/12 R60 4/26/12)

Cubertt
02.15.2012 , 01:44 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kayse View Post
So you stay stealth nearly every game and gank people when they are low...Bravo?

Im all against xserver warzones, but i think i'll enjoy killing you quite a bit on my BM BH and my soon to be BM Marauder (56).
lol if i did that i wouldnt cap 300k dmg almost every game with over 20k prot ( i know 20k isnt good i should get a lot more but im not the best taunter) and often being top or close to the top in objectives.

make more assumptions about me just because i disagree with you