Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Way too much CC!?

Xcore
02.15.2012 , 12:36 PM | #1
Why in the world doew every class have a low CD Root/Snare, Knockback and several stuns?! This has to be the most skill-less PvP environment.... Timing is irrelevant as you have so much CC.

Resolve does nothing... completely useless.

Just as a Gunslinger, I have:

Blind, AOE CC.... - low cd
Root, ranged root - low cd
Stun, melee stun - low cd
Knockback with talented root, AOE/Melee Range - low cd
Knockback #2 (Talented Aimed Shot), Melee range - low cd

This is ridiculous... In SW:TOR everyone is essentially a frost mage + balance druid? This is incredibly frustrating and nearly skill-less completely.

ouTJumped
02.15.2012 , 12:38 PM | #2
agreed
Vurik- 50 Annihilation Marauder-
Lasmi- 40 Pyrotech Powertech-

Juyo Server

Ravaran
02.15.2012 , 12:46 PM | #3
I actually enjoy the amount of cc's in this game. When both teams in pvp have good players and good healers...really the only way to win is to skillfully time your cc's. Of course it can be frustrating, but it goes both ways.

ouTJumped
02.15.2012 , 12:47 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravaran View Post
I actually enjoy the amount of cc's in this game. When both teams in pvp have good players and good healers...really the only way to win is to skillfully time your cc's. Of course it can be frustrating, but it goes both ways.
On huttball, as a melee, it gets infuriating.
Vurik- 50 Annihilation Marauder-
Lasmi- 40 Pyrotech Powertech-

Juyo Server

Kayse
02.15.2012 , 12:53 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ouTJumped View Post
Snare's dont grind my gears, but your telling me to go read about resolve when it seems you know nothing about it. Go back under your bridge, you piece of trash.
+1, what he said.

Also i agree. It's insane. At end game pvp is a CC fest of staying in one spot for over 15 seconds at a time waiting for your CC break CD to go down.
The <Stormdust> Legacy - Ebon Hawk
Griever/Vasuki- Sentinel Gabranth - Marauder
Nizome - Vanguard Bebop - Mercenary Metraton - Shadow
(R60 1/14/12 R60 2/14/12 R60 4/26/12)

Xcore
02.15.2012 , 12:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravaran View Post
Timing and planning becomes rather irrelevant when everyone has this amount of CC...

I have to interrupt this healer's throughput, I dont really care about planning... I'll use Blind to interrupt BIS big heal.... If I miss it, make it... Who cares because next ill stun him anyways, then ill knock him off the platform.... Perhaps ill root him and nuke him from above then... Etc.

Meanwhile, he also has 3+ CCs for me... So, Instead of precision planning and timing, we're now playing CC Wars, spamming CC at each other because we have so freaking much.

Cubertt
02.15.2012 , 12:55 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kayse View Post
+1, what he said.

Also i agree. It's insane. At end game pvp is a CC fest of staying in one spot for over 15 seconds at a time waiting for your CC break CD to go down.
if u ever stand in the same spot for 15 seconds striahgt in pvp... lol ur opinion is duely disregarded

Descends
02.15.2012 , 12:56 PM | #8
i pvp alot..the cc is too much, people dont want to be stuck in places for even 10 seconds which is extremely common... a quick 3 second stun should be max before resolve kicks in in pvp...not a coffee break.

ComeAndSee
02.15.2012 , 12:59 PM | #9
It's not that there's too much CC, but not an effective resolve system.

Also, charge roots and a couple of other abilities IGNORING resolve is another huge problem.

Ravaran
02.15.2012 , 01:03 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Xcore View Post
Timing and planning becomes rather irrelevant when everyone has this amount of CC...

I have to interrupt this healer's throughput, I dont really care about planning... I'll use Blind to interrupt BIS big heal.... If I miss it, make it... Who cares because next ill stun him anyways, then ill knock him off the platform.... Perhaps ill root him and nuke him from above then... Etc.

Meanwhile, he also has 3+ CCs for me... So, Instead of precision planning and timing, we're now playing CC Wars, spamming CC at each other because we have so freaking much.
Yeah in a 1v1, that sounds right. but then you're both immune if you blow them all ASAP..and then you fight it out. Or perhaps you don't blow them all right away and let a heal get through so his resolve bars goes down a bit. You have to make that choice.

But even after all this, pvp is rarely even about 1v1s....its 8v8, and its usually not the best strategy to ever blow all your cc's on one person. In a multi-person fight its the changing of targets and placing of cc's on different people at specific times which determine an effective strategy or not.

Like I said, its frustrating, but it goes both ways. If we reduce the number of cc's or their durations, we will run into a whole new set of problems, and IMO leave us with less strategy to work with.