Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

98% solo, I miss the player cities of SWG

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
98% solo, I miss the player cities of SWG

Andryah
02.15.2012 , 12:35 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by kevlarto View Post
I think it's it more the playerbase than the game, I am social 8, have been grouped since staring the game hang out with friends and guildies, it's only a solo game if you make it one.. over that last few years in mmo's there seems to be this new I want to solo everything in social game
/qft....
Negativity achieves nothing positive or productive. It's hostile and it reveals a persons true character. It's a useless and miserable way to spend one's time, IMO ... but some people like being miserable I guess. This is true in real life and it is true inside MMOs.

Cordelia
02.15.2012 , 12:38 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by wabbajackthehutt View Post
swg was bad, if it wasn't SW no one would have played it .
Did you actually play the game or are you one of the thousands of sheep that just jump on the trash SWG bandwagon. The same could doubly be said for TOR , if it wasn't SW no one would still be playing. It's an average WoW clone with many basic features missing.

AMKSED
02.15.2012 , 01:05 PM | #23
SWG was more of a solo game then any MMO I've ever played.

AMKSED
02.15.2012 , 01:05 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
Did you actually play the game or are you one of the thousands of sheep that just jump on the trash SWG bandwagon. The same could doubly be said for TOR , if it wasn't SW no one would still be playing. It's an average WoW clone with many basic features missing.
I played it for 8 years, all of it's stages, and he is correct. It was a bad game.

Liquidacid
02.15.2012 , 01:10 PM | #25
did people ever actually use player cities in SWG... everytime I saw one they were basically just a huge ghost town with a lot of buildings people used as warehouses to store their crap
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

Cordelia
02.15.2012 , 01:13 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
I played it for 8 years, all of it's stages, and he is correct. It was a bad game.
So you played a game you thought was bad for 8 years? Some people are just weird.

jarjarloves
02.15.2012 , 01:17 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
I played it and it was really bad.

Player housing was a ghost town. You would run into small guild cities or towns but they where always empty. Everyone always kept their doors locked so it's not like you could just walk in and see all the neat things they added.

I'd be happy with more player housing like EQ2.

Cordelia
02.15.2012 , 01:26 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
I played it and it was really bad.

Player housing was a ghost town. You would run into small guild cities or towns but they where always empty. Everyone always kept their doors locked so it's not like you could just walk in and see all the neat things they added.

I'd be happy with more player housing like EQ2.
I played until the NGE and that wasn't my experience at all. Wherever you went people had taken time and effort in their homes and wanted to show them. Also, many had stores and it was great to see how they had used various game items to look like something else.

Our player city was a thriving community, everyone had stores, we had events and of course battles with opposite faction cities.

I don't know where these experiences of ghost towns comes from unless it was post NGE.

Jellison
02.15.2012 , 01:37 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Farho View Post
False, this is a 100% single player game with co-op mode. Even in FPs and heroic quests there's no indication of you being a team or a group of heroes rather than people combined their solo questing to be able to kill a boss.

WoW was 98% single player game. The 2% part was the fact that you needed to group up so often that more often than not you found yourself questing in groups (talking bout vanilla and TBC). This is even more a solo experience along with the companions added and heroic4 quests and FPs are optional.

As for me, I feel like playing KotOR3 but it's ok.

A MMO lets you trade, craft, quest, pvp, role play, but most of all DEAL with real people and not just toons or GTM machines. World PvP and city raids (with a goal) is a must. Bartering is a must. Being able to role play (supported with emotes) is a must. None are existant in SWTOR.
WoW is a single-player game with multiplayer co-op for PvP and dungeons. There are no group quests in azeroth anymore, or outland for that matter.

Secondly, you can RP with emotes. Type /e . Not rocket science.

I barter all the time. The only thing I miss from swtor is Pazaak with bets.
Flagging and getting flagged, all day every day.

Lectro
02.15.2012 , 01:46 PM | #30
Please stop it with the SWG... It sucked.

I'm having a great time here