Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

98% solo, I miss the player cities of SWG

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
98% solo, I miss the player cities of SWG

Krisskar
02.15.2012 , 11:59 AM | #1
1) swtor seems to be 98% a solo game, with occasional pugs (if you can find one).
2) I"m biased I know, because I was mayor of Tuskn Flats in SWG, but the social aspects of swtor seem ..... very weak.
3) sigh
Ultima Online, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcaft veteran.
"There is no mmorpg so good that it can't be ruined by devs."

wabbajackthehutt
02.15.2012 , 12:01 PM | #2
swg was bad, if it wasn't SW no one would have played it .

Krisskar
02.15.2012 , 12:03 PM | #3
--yes, swg was a great concept poorly executed in many ways, and killed by fiddling.
--Yet the social aspects were the best I have seen in a mmorpg in ten years.
Ultima Online, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcaft veteran.
"There is no mmorpg so good that it can't be ruined by devs."

wabbajackthehutt
02.15.2012 , 12:05 PM | #4
go play Wurm, it's got more then anything SWG had to offer in that regard .

run_hello
02.15.2012 , 12:05 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by wabbajackthehutt View Post
No one would play this game long if it wasn't SW either.

Quraswren
02.15.2012 , 12:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by wabbajackthehutt View Post
SWG evolved into a game not worth playing. Thats why it's no longer around and good riddance really.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

JansanRuno
02.15.2012 , 12:06 PM | #7
Were the housing communities in SWG ever populated where you saw people? I mean you could go to a house and look around if they let you in but other then decorating the house what else was there? Maybe I looked near the end when the game only had a few months left.

If it's decorating only then we have our ships here and they don't cost any weekly "rent" to maintain.

kevlarto
02.15.2012 , 12:06 PM | #8
I think it's it more the playerbase than the game, I am social 8, have been grouped since staring the game hang out with friends and guildies, it's only a solo game if you make it one.. over that last few years in mmo's there seems to be this new I want to solo everything in social game, i guess times are changing, not always for the best.. /sigh I agree to a point I would like to see activities in the cantina and such, not that much of fan of player cities, I used to enjoy swg when the cantina on coronet was hopping, after player cities all that died, but we held events in our city but just was not the same.. pros and cons to everything
Do not dwell in the past, do not not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Expectations lead to suffering

Blacktongue
02.15.2012 , 12:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by run_hello View Post
No one would play this game long if it wasn't SW either.
I would have, Star Wars blows. Bioware should have used their own IP.
RIP - squadron 1020squadron 367 - RIP
I spent my CE money on beer

KoukosGamer
02.15.2012 , 12:09 PM | #10
Cancelled today for the same reason...99% single player game...cant keep paying to finish the single stories..allthough great im sure i can find similar or better single player games out there. Ill be back in a few months to see if anything changed. Doubt it...since GW 2 and Diablo 3 are coming out and they dont have any subscription attached...I think companies should seriously change the subscription methods. I hear many mmo's have become much better than since launch.( aoc for example)...but lost all their subscribers due to incomplete launch...im afreaid same will happen with swtor.