Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Easy way to stop leavers/afkers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Easy way to stop leavers/afkers

snazbaz
02.15.2012 , 04:22 PM | #11
Considering they've been having trouble fixing detecting wins for the quest completition I'd really hate to see what would happen if they tried to detect wins with X medals to the quest completion logic.

Cromica
02.15.2012 , 04:27 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnSixteen View Post
That doesn't encourage anything except for people to get four medals... which is also a horrible horrible idea.

Let's take a healer for instance...

Stand in acid, heal for 30 seconds.
- 2.5k medal
- 5k medal
- 75k healing medal

Go find someone with 100 health left and poke him with a stick
- killing blow medal

Last 12 minutes of the match? Go AFK in the corner.

I hate to say it, but the deserter debuff is really the only thing that makes any sense. Before they can implement it however, they need to build in some way to actually get back into the same match within a reasonable time in case of a random DC/crash.
Guess what, if they add a debuff I will just go stand in a corner stealthed and watch tv anyways, as will everyone else that gets put on a worthless team. Letting people leave will at least give you a chance of getting someone that might want to waste their time helping you.

LanceUpercutt
02.15.2012 , 04:29 PM | #13
That doesn't encourage anything except for people to get four medals... which is also a horrible horrible idea.

Let's take a healer for instance...

Stand in acid, heal for 30 seconds.
- 2.5k medal
- 5k medal
- 75k healing medal

Go find someone with 100 health left and poke him with a stick
- killing blow medal

Last 12 minutes of the match? Go AFK in the corner.

I hate to say it, but the deserter debuff is really the only thing that makes any sense. Before they can implement it however, they need to build in some way to actually get back into the same match within a reasonable time in case of a random DC/crash.
it will have all the people that dont really want to pvp finish their daily/weekly faster, so they will be affecting less people

Sir-Phobos
02.15.2012 , 04:32 PM | #14
Give Battlemasters something to spend commendations on rather than gearing up their companions would probably go a long way to stop people from leaving warzones early.

skyflash
02.15.2012 , 04:33 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceUpercutt View Post
it will have all the people that dont really want to pvp finish their daily/weekly faster, so they will be affecting less people
Yeah but we dont want to reward selfish people, we want to penalize them, so the best thing is a huge penalty for leaving AND AFKing.

JohnSixteen
02.15.2012 , 04:36 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Cromica View Post
Guess what, if they add a debuff I will just go stand in a corner stealthed and watch tv anyways, as will everyone else that gets put on a worthless team. Letting people leave will at least give you a chance of getting someone that might want to waste their time helping you.
There are other checks and balances that can be implemented to counter that one as well... such as a reporting vote/kick tool.

Regardless of how many checks and balances you put in place though, there will always be ******es not willing to put the effort in, not much you can do about that aside question why such a sad individual would play the game in the first place.

LanceUpercutt
02.15.2012 , 04:38 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by skyflash View Post
Yeah but we dont want to reward selfish people, we want to penalize them, so the best thing is a huge penalty for leaving AND AFKing.
and by doing that you punish everyone

Cromica
02.15.2012 , 04:42 PM | #18
There are other checks and balances that can be implemented to counter that one as well... such as a reporting vote/kick tool.

Regardless of how many checks and balances you put in place though, there will always be ******es not willing to put the effort in, not much you can do about that aside question why such a sad individual would play the game in the first place.
I play the game to get better gear to kill people faster, getting put on a crap team slows that down. I play the game for me, unless you are going to pay my sub stopping telling me how the game should be played.

skyflash
02.15.2012 , 04:53 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Cromica View Post
I play the game to get better gear to kill people faster, getting put on a crap team slows that down. I play the game for me, unless you are going to pay my sub stopping telling me how the game should be played.
Bioware will tell you how to play, and they will tell you to stop being selfish and stop leaving games or getting a nice deserter debuff.

And then you can stop paying for your sub if you want.

Cromica
02.15.2012 , 04:56 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by skyflash View Post
Bioware will tell you how to play, and they will tell you to stop being selfish and stop leaving games or getting a nice deserter debuff.

And then you can stop paying for your sub if you want.
and I will stop paying it, this game is already circling the drain and BW keeps giving it that extra push by listening to the whiners and bad players.

I can not wait for a good game like GW2 to come out