Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gear favoritism

gregordunbar
02.15.2012 , 02:04 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by KirisTallon View Post
Ok so this is something I've actually heard from a lot of other people. I'm noticing that gear drops in Flashpoints have been 85% aim gear. There's been times when I've had a full Force user group and practically nothing but Aim crap dropped. Why is this? Why do Flashpoints favor Bounty Hunters/Troopers?
They dont. I suggest you go to one of the sites that has an almost full list of gear drops and you will see how wrong you are. You have just had bad loot drops.

Maestrodomus
02.15.2012 , 02:11 PM | #12
Random is random. Maybe someday in the future people will understand this.
Dark Fury [Canderous Ordo]

jterlecki
02.15.2012 , 02:17 PM | #13
My roommate would disagree utterly with you. He tends to get the short end of the stick as when we run FlashPoints and it is nearly all Force-related items. I am sure he wished it was mostly AIM related items.
The Shadowlands - PVE N.A. East| FlashPoints | Operations | Ventrillo | Signature Generator

Maoxx
02.15.2012 , 02:17 PM | #14
Well heres the thing in Normal mode FP's loot seems to be based on the classes in the group. Never have had anything drop in a normal for a class that wasn't there. You can even test this by taking 1 high level class and the normal level class. Best to take 2 of the same class to get best effect.

HM FP's and OP's are just straight up RNG, I can't say why they changed that over but it is what it is.

DragonSentry
02.15.2012 , 02:30 PM | #15
I've found that on odd numbered Tuesdays and Sundays I have an easier time finding BH loot when there are at least 2 Sorcs in my group. Assassins DON'T COUNT towards this number, it must be Sorc AC.

Now... the opposite seems to be true if you are the Sorc. I've found that EVEN numbered Wednesdays and Saturdays will drop force gear when you've got 2 Mercs in the group. Again, Power Techs don't count.

BUT!

The best way to ensure you get the loot you need is to run the FP with 3 other chars that have yet to pick an AC. This way their AC registers as null, and the drop will automatically be tailored to the remaining party member: you.

Happy Hunting!

Acushla
02.15.2012 , 02:40 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonSentry View Post
I've found that on odd numbered Tuesdays and Sundays I have an easier time finding BH loot when there are at least 2 Sorcs in my group. Assassins DON'T COUNT towards this number, it must be Sorc AC.

Now... the opposite seems to be true if you are the Sorc. I've found that EVEN numbered Wednesdays and Saturdays will drop force gear when you've got 2 Mercs in the group. Again, Power Techs don't count.

BUT!

The best way to ensure you get the loot you need is to run the FP with 3 other chars that have yet to pick an AC. This way their AC registers as null, and the drop will automatically be tailored to the remaining party member: you.

Happy Hunting!
Please to note if trying the above advice; Individual Results vary, Use at own risk.

Renroval
02.15.2012 , 03:21 PM | #17
They do it like this so you keep playing the game for gear that won't drop for you this way they retain more players.