Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gear favoritism

KirisTallon
02.15.2012 , 10:32 AM | #1
Ok so this is something I've actually heard from a lot of other people. I'm noticing that gear drops in Flashpoints have been 85% aim gear. There's been times when I've had a full Force user group and practically nothing but Aim crap dropped. Why is this? Why do Flashpoints favor Bounty Hunters/Troopers?

oredith
02.15.2012 , 10:34 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by KirisTallon View Post
Ok so this is something I've actually heard from a lot of other people. I'm noticing that gear drops in Flashpoints have been 85% aim gear. There's been times when I've had a full Force user group and practically nothing but Aim crap dropped. Why is this? Why do Flashpoints favor Bounty Hunters/Troopers?
RNG is random?

we have 3-4 BH in a 8 man op, and a heavy majority of the drops are for force users.
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

KirisTallon
02.15.2012 , 10:38 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by oredith View Post
RNG is random?

we have 3-4 BH in a 8 man op, and a heavy majority of the drops are for force users.
See as I said, I've seen the complete opposite in every single flashpoint I've run. Maybe operations favor Force users and Falshpoints favor Aim classes?

Sliss
02.15.2012 , 10:40 AM | #4
My simple answer for you, is BW did a truly awful job at itemizing the end game.

Remulan
02.15.2012 , 10:52 AM | #5
You know how when you are running a FP while levelling up the only gear that drops is gear that is usable by people present for the kill? Well I think this code is supposed to apply to HM FP's as well, but they got something wrong in the code so that it instead drops gear for the class that you are missing instead of the ones that are there. This is just a theory of mine, but from watching the drops in a lot of HM FP's it makes sense.

Try making a perfectly balanced group and see if you get mostly aim gear, I bet you are getting mostly aim stuff because you don't have a BH in your party.

KirisTallon
02.15.2012 , 10:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Remulan View Post
You know how when you are running a FP while levelling up the only gear that drops is gear that is usable by people present for the kill? Well I think this code is supposed to apply to HM FP's as well, but they got something wrong in the code so that it instead drops gear for the class that you are missing instead of the ones that are there. This is just a theory of mine, but from watching the drops in a lot of HM FP's it makes sense.

Try making a perfectly balanced group and see if you get mostly aim gear, I bet you are getting mostly aim stuff because you don't have a BH in your party.
Actually nope. I'm talking flashpoints I've done while leveling. I actually haven't done hardmodes yet. All of my characters are severely undergeared because flashpoints favor Aim classes.

gotheon
02.15.2012 , 11:53 AM | #7
My entire guild now has better geared companions then themselves

Yup the I think it is rolling for the class not present in HM FPs
SEVEN DEADLY SINS
~ Sith/PVE-PVP/EndGame/Adults/Vent/Light Zerging/EST/No DKP ~

Guild Website Apply Here
Squadron 367

oredith
02.15.2012 , 12:58 PM | #8
Mako (BH companion, uses IA gear) had more tionese/columi gear well before I had the same level of gear.

Random numbers are random.. >_<
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

Veriu
02.15.2012 , 01:42 PM | #9
gear seems to come in streaks...don't ask why.

i.e. We went like 3 weeks without getting a single sith warrior drop, and then one night we had half of all loot drops be for sith warriors.

We've also had seven out of 10 rakata drops be for IA's in one EV, and then they went 2 weeks without getting a single one.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Ivy league educated research scientist working on solar cell development. So yeah, I have no need to feel "accomplished" in a videogame.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Call me when you've got 2 written recommendations from Nobel laureates and have attended annual private functions at the White House.

Smokey_swtor
02.15.2012 , 01:58 PM | #10
Damn.. I wish I was in your groups lol...

We got a saying on in my group.. "Oh look.. jedi gear..again..."
Quote: Originally Posted by Kunitsukami View Post
People are allowed to have opinions, and when you give them complete anonymity and a voice they become double a-holes.