The Harbinger queue time: 35 mins

ForceFanatic

So, I have a character up to level 12 there. I just read that this is the unofficial "Oceanic" server. I assume that's bad for everyone on the West Coast, like me.

Do I need to start a new char on a different server or will the queue times go away as the launch continues...

Edited by ForceFanatic

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I have a character up to level 12 there. I just read that this is the unofficial "Oceanic" server. I assume that's bad for everyone on the West Coast, like me.

Do I need to start a new char on a different server or will the queue times go away as the launch continues...

It's probably going to get worse as the game goes on due to the slow uptake in Australia and New Zealand, Bioware decided to put 2 of the large oceanic guilds on The Harbinger and I don't think the server has dropped to light since the 13th, the other one is The Jekk 'Jekk Tar probably not the best idea to roll there either unless you have a guild or friends there.

Queue times will get worse - A LOT worse. It's the dominant Oceanic PvE server, and the game hasn't even launched yet.

Queues are typically worse at launch, they will get better. Everyone wants to play all the time at launch, slowly gets better as some people get bored.

Queues are typically worse at launch, they will get better. Everyone wants to play all the time at launch, slowly gets better as some people get bored.

It's not launch yet though. As I understand it there is still a crowd of Oceanic players waiting to get into EGA. When the game launches, all the Oceanic players interested in PvE will aim for this server first, while new launch US players may be more fairly distributed across all servers.

To be fair, most of the Oceanics are at work/sleeping/etc during your primetime, so I'm guessing the majority of the queue you are seeing is from your fellow North Americans.

server time, well Bioware time, Its 6:25pm start of peak, east coast Australia the time is 10:25am, and the school summer holidays have started so it's probably a combination of both.

If Bioware had released oceanic server for launch there wouldn't be as much as an issue, but Aussies like to play with other people who may still be awake at 2am Bioware time.

Seriously people, if you're in North America stay off the two "unofficial" oceanic servers. There's still lots of us Aussies not in the game yet and we don't have a choice of servers.

It's either one of those two or don't have any options for guilds / runs / ect.

Thank you from all of us living in upsidedownland.

Seriously people, if you're in North America stay off the two "unofficial" oceanic servers. There's still lots of us Aussies not in the game yet and we don't have a choice of servers.

3 Shards

Unofficial Oceanic PvP Shard: ‘The Swiftsure’

Unofficial Oceanic PvE Shard: ‘The Harbinger’

Secondary Oceanic PvE Shard: ‘The Jekk'Jekk Tarr’

I wont be so brash as to say don't roll there just understand that a lot of English speaking Oceanic players will be on these Shards clogging your tubes and we have Platypi don't mess with us.

and there is more then you would think.

Quoted for truth.

Yep the Aussies want our server :) Fine with me I like playing with them. Don't worry after the official launch the server queues will die down. I'll usually log on like 45 mins earlier then I want to play and just do other things till I get on.

Our guild was placed there so I doubt we'll move. Still if it really bothers some people you can always switch to a new server when they open.

Obviously the game just needs more servers in general ... there is no reason anyone should have to wait to get on, if the number of servers is adequate. Isn't the point of having multiple servers that we won't be put in queues, but that there's a limit to the number of people which can sign up to each and that limit shouldn't shut down the server when it's full. If they make more servers, I'd happily move my character if the option were given - so as to easy the population of already existing servers.