Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Inequality between "equal" classes.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Inequality between "equal" classes.

Romiz's Avatar


Romiz
12.15.2011 , 05:45 PM | #11
What the class balance QQ begins.

Aseyr's Avatar


Aseyr
12.15.2011 , 05:45 PM | #12
My question is: have you personally seen this exact situation happen? Have you been in a PvP fight with an assassin and had your Project rock disappear in midair because you died right after you cast it? If so, then your point is valid. If you are assuming this would happen because the damage wouldn't display after your death, you have no proof. For all you know, the rock would continue to fly and get you the kill.

BalkanWarrior's Avatar


BalkanWarrior
12.15.2011 , 05:46 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
are people stupid... the op is right theres no doubt about it... you cant say otherwise shock>project they are exactly the same expect project takes .7s which can be huge in pvp
Yea people are stupid. I like PVP but these two classes are not 100% identical.. ROLE THE ONE WITH BETTER PVP THEN YOU SPASTIC!

jmjohnson's Avatar


jmjohnson
12.15.2011 , 05:46 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenjohnp View Post
And so the QQing about classes being super IMBALANCE begins. It's a sad sad day.

This is not about two entirely different classes being imbalances. It's about two otherwise identical classes being imbalanced. Should consular really be at a PvP disadvantage for the sake of cosmetics?
Squadron 1020 and 367 beta tester.

jmjohnson's Avatar


jmjohnson
12.15.2011 , 05:48 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aseyr View Post
My question is: have you personally seen this exact situation happen? Have you been in a PvP fight with an assassin and had your Project rock disappear in midair because you died right after you cast it? If so, then your point is valid. If you are assuming this would happen because the damage wouldn't display after your death, you have no proof. For all you know, the rock would continue to fly and get you the kill.

Why yes I have. I have cast a project that would have otherwise killed them and while the project was in mid air THEY GOT A HEAL OFF. If only I had been an inquisitor and they a consular it would have been instantaneous and would have been a killing blow.
Squadron 1020 and 367 beta tester.

jmjohnson's Avatar


jmjohnson
12.15.2011 , 05:49 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by BalkanWarrior View Post
Yea people are stupid. I like PVP but these two classes are not 100% identical.. ROLE THE ONE WITH BETTER PVP THEN YOU SPASTIC!
So your brilliant solution to the issue is everyone roll Sith.
Squadron 1020 and 367 beta tester.

Heckrix's Avatar


Heckrix
12.15.2011 , 05:49 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by jmjohnson View Post
I couldnít help but notice that some of the jedi consularís abilities, like project, have to travel to their enemy before they do any damage. However, inquisitor's lightning spells hit instantly.

The advantage may seem inconsequential at first, but when it comes to PvP, being able to instantly hit your target is a serious advantage. Ask any serious PvPer the value of having a single second on your enemy in a fight. Itís the difference between getting a stun off before the enemy finishes casting a heal, or getting a killing blow or hitting them before they hit you with their instant lightning even though you cast first. Every time a consularís killing blow is denied by a heal they will say to themselves ďIf I had rolled inquisitor, I would have won.Ē

Just think about how different the star wars saga would've been if Han's blaster took an extra second longer to shoot than Greedo's.

The solution: give inquisitorís lightning spells a delay equal to the consularís delay before the spell takes effect. This delay could be seamlessly executed as a short casting graphic, such as lightning forming in the casterís hand for a half a second before they cast.

I would prefer to play consular over inquisitor, but if this inequality is not dealt with I will have to go inquisitor; and I urge any other serious PvPers to do the same.
See what you did wrong is to want to nerf inquisitor, that makes you a hater, those are not fun, What you should of done is ask for a consular buff, then possibly mention the nerf.

SilverBlasters's Avatar


SilverBlasters
12.15.2011 , 05:49 PM | #18
I may be wrong, but you're incorrect.
What you see on your screen is a graphical representation of a roll happening in the background. Even if the number appears .5 seconds or whatever later when playing a Consular, the actual damage is applies when the ability is activated on the server, regardless of whether you're a consular or an inquisitor.
Einstein would turn over in his grave. Not only does God play dice with the universe, the dice are loaded.

JowyBIight's Avatar


JowyBIight
12.15.2011 , 05:51 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by jmjohnson View Post
I couldnít help but notice that some of the jedi consularís abilities, like project, have to travel to their enemy before they do any damage. However, inquisitor's lightning spells hit instantly.

The advantage may seem inconsequential at first, but when it comes to PvP, being able to instantly hit your target is a serious advantage. Ask any serious PvPer the value of having a single second on your enemy in a fight. Itís the difference between getting a stun off before the enemy finishes casting a heal, or getting a killing blow or hitting them before they hit you with their instant lightning even though you cast first. Every time a consularís killing blow is denied by a heal they will say to themselves ďIf I had rolled inquisitor, I would have won.Ē

Just think about how different the star wars saga would've been if Han's blaster took an extra second longer to shoot than Greedo's.

The solution: give inquisitorís lightning spells a delay equal to the consularís delay before the spell takes effect. This delay could be seamlessly executed as a short casting graphic, such as lightning forming in the casterís hand for a half a second before they cast.

I would prefer to play consular over inquisitor, but if this inequality is not dealt with I will have to go inquisitor; and I urge any other serious PvPers to do the same.
no because han would have shot even earlier since he shot first to begin with

Dirtybomb's Avatar


Dirtybomb
12.15.2011 , 05:51 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by jmjohnson View Post

Should consular really be at a PvP disadvantage for the sake of cosmetics?
Should class/ability mechanics be changed for a relatively minor issue that will rarely create any problems when there are bigger fish to fry?

At least you weren't complaining about EGA. +1 point for that