Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This Ashara Zavros thing.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
This Ashara Zavros thing.

Allegos
02.20.2012 , 09:43 AM | #21
On the bright side, she's an extra pair of hands to send on crew missions. On the other hand...

Quote: Originally Posted by Dackius View Post
I just wish I could push her out the airlock, cause I never wanted her on my ship to begin with.

theBrokenSaint
02.20.2012 , 11:05 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Cherokeewill View Post
I was playing my Jug last night with LS Jaesa by my side and she REALLY got on my nerves. Every conversation option to boast of my power or put down the Republic, even slightly, and I get the disapproving -2 affection or worse. There was actually one quest I took last night that Jaesa gave negative affection for even accepting it, no matter which of the acceptance options I took (kill them all or I'm better then anything they've got) so I used my punish on her.
At least it was your choice to have a LS Jaesa. DS Jaesa can't get more bloodthirsty. And doing the Jaesa/Ashara comparison thing:
Spoiler

Quote:
For all the flaws in her story; the disappointing lead up, the lack of turning or reasons for her joining, etc., at least Ashara let's my SI be powerful and express it. She also has very little love for the Republic, which works for me.
She doesn't care much for the Republic, no, but it doesn't mean she hates it, either. She doesn't see boasting as a bad thing. She is confident in her own abilities, to the point of being overconfident, at times, and likes confidence in others.
Spoiler

Quote:
Companion quests where we travel somewhere and leave the ship
Each class only gets one companion each that have missions requiring more than just talking to them. So if we get some for Ashara, it's only fair other companions get the same treatment.

Quote:
Full body texture so we can put her in the dancer outfit
It is kind of strange that Togruta don't get full body texture.

Isilme_Turuphant
02.20.2012 , 01:48 PM | #23
I think Ashara qualifies as 'grey' quite strongly. You sometimes hear her combining the Sith and Jedi codes as she tries to find a kind of middle road to walk: "Peace, passion... Knowledge, victory... Freedom, the Force..."

I agree that her story is still undeveloped, but she really is one of those unfortunates who, while not buying into the whole Sith philosophy, also is too passionate to really be able to follow the Jedi code.

Cherokeewill
02.20.2012 , 01:51 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by theBrokenSaint View Post
At least it was your choice to have a LS Jaesa. DS Jaesa can't get more bloodthirsty. And doing the Jaesa/Ashara comparison thing:
True. But I wish I'd known what I was getting because neither option is really sitting with me at this point. I've read/seen all the DS Jaesa spoilers and not certain I'd be happier with pure dagnasty evil ready to go all Sharon Stone on me anymore than I'm happy with the flower child pacifist carrying a double bladed light saber talking about the exquisite nature of their pain. My LS SW was honorable and didn't kill people that posed no threat to him. LS Jaesa shows up and now it's a hippy love fest without the love.

Each class only gets one companion each that have missions requiring more than just talking to them. So if we get some for Ashara, it's only fair other companions get the same treatment.
This is a future wishlist, not a things-I-wish-had-been-changed-in-current-game wishlist. It would have been better but would have taken much more time so I understand why only your first companion was expanded upon in this manner. For future expansions I'd like to see ALL companions get some quality time off the ship where we explore various aspects of their past and current lives.

Spoiler

It is kind of strange that Togruta don't get full body texture.
Right? Maybe it would require a continuation of the tattoo scheme all the way down but even just a shading of the base white would be nicer than the green knit body sock they have now. And this is not just for the dancer/slave outfits. There are some very nice midriff/short-sleeve medium armor outfits in game that are ruined by her current texture.

If fleshed out to her full potential, I see Ashara being one of the most satisfying companions in the game, even if her origin story for becoming your companion falls extremely flat.