Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This Ashara Zavros thing.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
This Ashara Zavros thing.

Dackius
02.15.2012 , 04:20 PM | #11
She is terrible. She has no reason to be with you. She really had a horrible story for joining you, and you kill sith that serve you loyally while sparing a weak, and stupid jedi?

She can't be turned to the dark, and if you buy her gifts to win her affection, she goes on to praise you for being a light side sith.

Worse, every choice you make to tell her NO! YOU'RE SITH, just loses you faction, and she goes along with it anyway, thank you for your help..... but you didn't help, you told her no.

It's a railroaded romance with a jedi..... and they aren't going to pay voice actors, programers to change it.... I just wish I could push her out the airlock, cause I never wanted her on my ship to begin with.

Cherokeewill
02.16.2012 , 08:59 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Dackius View Post
It's a railroaded romance with a jedi..... and they aren't going to pay voice actors, programers to change it.... I just wish I could push her out the airlock, cause I never wanted her on my ship to begin with.
This will sound a bit troll-e but you don't have to have conversations with her. If you like her in battle you can summon another companion before the cut scenes and then whip her out to cut through the enemies. If you're just trying to get her affection up for Skill crits then you leave her to stew in the engine room begging to talk to you and ignore her. At least she doesn't betray you.

Removing her entirely seems harsh. She's not a truly good person, she's just deluded into thinking she's good. But then, isn't that how truly evil acts all begin? "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." I just want to drive her down that road to hell and right now we're stuck on the on ramp.

evileeyore
02.16.2012 , 02:06 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by theBrokenSaint View Post
You just made my day. It's not an entirely satisfying answer, though.
I know.

I refuse to be someone's sparkly vampire. So I ignore her whilst hunting for ways to quickly lower her affection.

I'm aiming for -10,000...

Zilod
02.16.2012 , 06:24 PM | #14
actually i like Ash and her "grey side", the way you get her is also pretty good and you can do that aimed by good intents or even as a manipulative sith who tempt her and cause her fall

i see the dialogues as pretty much the same, you can be genuine in what you say as much as you are telling her what she wants to hear just to manipulate her

and for the romance, i dont see why a evil sith lord who focus on strenght and destruction have to romance anyone, especially a char as ash

for some reason i dont see palpatine telling to young anakin that he is an evil lord of the sith and the galaxy is going to burn under his iron fist, nor i see him gifting teddy bears to the hot senator girl who sit near his seat :P

and lets not forget that there are technical reasons for these (lack of) choices... BW chose to remove the option to kill/lose your compaions and Ash will have no reason to stay with murderous/psycopathic sith lord (but this is a problem for all the chars, not just ash)

Cherokeewill
02.17.2012 , 09:18 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Zilod View Post
and for the romance, i dont see why a evil sith lord who focus on strenght and destruction have to romance anyone, especially a char as ash
Everything else in your post, yes. But I have to disagree with the above. She's exactly the type of character a DS SI would want to romance specifically because she's the character she is. Bringing her to him personally is the first step in bringing her to the darkside totally.

Spoiler

Taking all this into account is why I say that the character story is incomplete. We should be seeing a psychotic break in action with this character but we're stuck in the denial phase. She's clutching to her old identity like a life preserver as the waters of reality seek to drag her under. LS SI would have the option to help her hold onto her identity whereas DS SI would have the option to further show her the hypocrisy and injustice of the Jedi Order and Republlic, explore her evil family heritage and show her the "true meaning of power."

I'd like to see these stories play out all the way to where she's an enfeebled quivering mass in the corner of my medbay to bring her back to life in the light or dark as I choose. That would be the story line that shows the manipulative nature of the SI.

Anrix
02.17.2012 , 12:41 PM | #16
Spoiler

theBrokenSaint
02.19.2012 , 07:47 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Anrix View Post
Spoiler
By 'courting', you mean the seduction to the dark side, yea? 'Cause I'd rather not want to think of a Palpatine/Anakin ship...

Too late... <.< ... >.>

SOMEONE GET THESE PICTURES OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

Seriously though, the Palpatine/Sidious thing was what the writers was going for with the overall SI story, so that does make sense.. Only thing is, She doesn't turn Dark Side completely, she just goes insane. At least as far as I can see.

gurneyslabb
02.20.2012 , 05:09 AM | #18
they need to make a transition like jaesa i would much rather a crazy ashara then then the other dude

Boyana
02.20.2012 , 07:06 AM | #19
Ahahaha, some of these posts made me laugh ! Specially this because I feel it:

Quote: Originally Posted by Dackius View Post
She is terrible...

... I just wish I could push her out the airlock, cause I never wanted her on my ship to begin with.
Anyway, in my opinion, Ashara's story is there to show us how delusional, naive and blind Jedi people are. She feels it but doesn't want to admit it: she gets easily frustrated and mad.

Spoiler

p.s. I can't wait for more quests with Andronikos

Cherokeewill
02.20.2012 , 08:52 AM | #20
I was playing my Jug last night with LS Jaesa by my side and she REALLY got on my nerves. Every conversation option to boast of my power or put down the Republic, even slightly, and I get the disapproving -2 affection or worse. There was actually one quest I took last night that Jaesa gave negative affection for even accepting it, no matter which of the acceptance options I took (kill them all or I'm better then anything they've got) so I used my punish on her.

For all the flaws in her story; the disappointing lead up, the lack of turning or reasons for her joining, etc., at least Ashara let's my SI be powerful and express it. She also has very little love for the Republic, which works for me.

Ashara wishlist:
  1. Sith conversion (DS and LS but Sith: Anti-Jedi/Anti-Republic none the less)
  2. Further exploration of lineage
  3. Companion quests where we travel somewhere and leave the ship
  4. More Mods
  5. Full body texture so we can put her in the dancer outfit

Please add to this if you don't want to push her out the airlock.