Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

This Ashara Zavros thing.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
This Ashara Zavros thing.

theBrokenSaint's Avatar


theBrokenSaint
02.15.2012 , 08:47 AM | #1
So I know this issue has been up quite a few times already, but I'm seriously annoyed by Ashara Zavros.

I play the violent and psychopatic Sith Inquisitor, and I can go through mission conversations completely in character, with Ashara following me, and still have her affection rating increased. Most recent example: On Belsavis, when recruiting the Trandoshan prisoners to police for the Empire, I told the officer in command of that operations group to enslave the Trandoshans, rather than treat them with respect. From that choice alone I got 109 affection points with her, and in total, I got 189 affection points with her for that mission, 40 for suggesting to use the Trandoshans, and 40 more for another conversation that was definetely in character.

Now she acts like I've taken on the mission to change the Empire from the inside, even though I'll swear I've never said anything of the sort. I can't even tell her "No, you're mistaken. I never said I wanted to do that ****."

She now seems to think I'm something that I most definitely am not, and every single conversation rubs me the wrong way, because, while some of the responses doesn't seem too much out of character, every one of them confirms something I'd rather not.

It's not that there's no Dark Side version of Ashara available that bugs me, it's the fact that any affection conversation you have with her seems to assume you're Light Side.

SilverBlink's Avatar


SilverBlink
02.15.2012 , 08:54 AM | #2
Or it could be that your just tricking her, cause that's what your doing. You fooled her into thinking your different than other Sith. Manipulation is a tactic that we use to get what we want.
Inalleon - 50 Darkness Assassin <Ascension Theory>
Mirage - 50 Medicine Operative <Ascension Theory>
Noellani - 50 Seer Sage <Heros for Hire>
Lunnamaria- 50 Mercenary <Ascension Theory>

Parthis's Avatar


Parthis
02.15.2012 , 08:58 AM | #3
She's a character that is walking a path between her LS Jedi heritage and her new DS power and freedom.

She dislikes needless cruelty and random acts of Violence (killing the Trandoshans) but approves of shows of strength and activating decisively, even if it involves violence (saving them from Death, enslaving them to put them to work for the empire).

She didn't see the Trandoshans as weak. She saw them as bad but powerful. Enslaving them keeps them inline, using them strengthens the empire. She approves. Killing them would go against her core Jedi beliefs and offers no benefit to the empire at all.

As soon as I realised that she's a character trying to make sense of the area between total Light Side devotion and complete Dark Side malice the character made much, much more sense.

Disappointed.

theBrokenSaint's Avatar


theBrokenSaint
02.15.2012 , 11:31 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Parthis View Post
She's a character that is walking a path between her LS Jedi heritage and her new DS power and freedom.

She dislikes needless cruelty and random acts of Violence (killing the Trandoshans) but approves of shows of strength and activating decisively, even if it involves violence (saving them from Death, enslaving them to put them to work for the empire).

She didn't see the Trandoshans as weak. She saw them as bad but powerful. Enslaving them keeps them inline, using them strengthens the empire. She approves. Killing them would go against her core Jedi beliefs and offers no benefit to the empire at all.

As soon as I realised that she's a character trying to make sense of the area between total Light Side devotion and complete Dark Side malice the character made much, much more sense.
As I specified in the OP, the alternative to enslaving them is to treat them with respect, the honourable choice, not killing them. As for making sense of the character, that holocron you provided her did have an impact on her sanity.

Quote: Originally Posted by SilverBlink View Post
Or it could be that your just tricking her, cause that's what your doing. You fooled her into thinking your different than other Sith. Manipulation is a tactic that we use to get what we want.
I don't see how that deception would pay off. And even if what you say is the case, it still should be a choice.

The point of my frustration is not that she seems to think this and that, but that her affection conversations keeps making assumptions that I can't deny.

evileeyore's Avatar


evileeyore
02.15.2012 , 12:18 PM | #5
If you want her to make sense you have to realize she is delusional. Any personal conversation you have with her is not what you are actually saying, it's just what she is imagining.

You are her sparkly vampire and she is quite insane.

theBrokenSaint's Avatar


theBrokenSaint
02.15.2012 , 12:45 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
You are her sparkly vampire and she is quite insane.
You just made my day. It's not an entirely satisfying answer, though.

Cherokeewill's Avatar


Cherokeewill
02.15.2012 , 01:48 PM | #7
As a victim of the infighting and backstabbing of the Darth power structure I don't find issue with Ashara's conversations.
Spoiler
This is not an indication of a healthy society. I'm DS3 and I have to agree with her that a strong RATIONAL Empire is the most sure way to victory. I'm not on some holy crusade like with Jaesa and my LS SW but destroying entire ecosystems doesn't help win a war. If you can't inhabit the world after winning the battles, then why fight at all? And if the Sith truly believed only the strongest should survive they'd be a society composed of one individual.

If you disagree whole heartedly with this POV and just want to watch the galaxy burn then I can see your frustration. But it seems that in the story arc she comes along at just the right time to make your toon question what and who they have been fighting for. It's also nice not to romance a sycophant or psychopath. She seems like a real personality that is trying to come to terms with her new station and overcome the brainwashing the Jedi did to her in her youth.

I just wish BW had inserted more world specific companion dialogue into the questlines. If Ashara is along with you on Belsavis then you should get some interesting side conversations about the evils of the Republic as she assimilates the new information. Same with LS Jaesa on the SW. Andronikus or Talos on the other hand would probably wouldn't be phased.

DarthOweh's Avatar


DarthOweh
02.15.2012 , 01:52 PM | #8
I agree there should be a way to turn here completely. I surely hope that there is an expansion on this in the future. The SW can turn there companion ls/ds so why cant she. I also remember during KOTOR you could change the entire crew ds/ls.
Jen'jidai, Jung Ma server
Legend Gaming Website | Join Us!
Sith Archon Oweh- Assistant of Activity and Recruitment
Character Wiki and Fanfiction

JLazarillo's Avatar


JLazarillo
02.15.2012 , 02:10 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOweh View Post
I agree there should be a way to turn here completely. I surely hope that there is an expansion on this in the future. The SW can turn there companion ls/ds so why cant she. I also remember during KOTOR you could change the entire crew ds/ls.
Only if it means I can turn Khem Val to the Light Side.

theBrokenSaint's Avatar


theBrokenSaint
02.15.2012 , 04:01 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOweh View Post
I agree there should be a way to turn here completely. I surely hope that there is an expansion on this in the future. The SW can turn there companion ls/ds so why cant she. I also remember during KOTOR you could change the entire crew ds/ls.
That's not my point. I don't want to turn her. I just want her to realise that I prefer the Empire as it is. Mostly.