Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Artifice is crap?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Talorra
02.16.2012 , 10:49 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ZudetGambeous View Post
Artifice is not crap at all... you are just doing it wrong...

With artifice I sell 400k in Enhancements daily.

I am capable of crafting for myself the best Relics in the game (even better then Nightmare mode Ops)

I can create the best lightsaber outside of Nightmare mode ops because it can crit an augment slot, and once they allow us to pull the mods out of ops gear it will be even better then the ops ones.

I can create Offhands equal to the Columi offhands which are great for people just getting into ops.

I can create one of the best Color crystals and in a color that is unique to artifice.

So yeah... you are jut doing it wrong I guess... Don't know what else to tell you.
I've seen those same relics drop from the Infernal Council fight, so's you know. I crafted the artifice power relic and I only use it on fights with distinct burn phases. All other times I have a damage proc relic from KP.

I'm holding on to artifice for 1.2. We make enhancements, so it stands to reason that we'll see high level enhancement (and maybe crystal?) patterns drop. As enhancements on current tier gear are miserable, imagine the killing we could make if we see these patterns...

As it stands, I don't have a single craftable item that uses the HM/NiM operation material drops. That's sad.
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

Tenetke
02.16.2012 , 10:54 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
Oh, you don't melee as a shadow tank then?

In case you never even played a Consular (or an Inquisitor for that matter), the Shadow AC is a melee-based AC, unlike the Sage AC. Same with the Sith Assassin AC, that's also a melee based AC, while the Sorcerer is ranged.

Strength gives both bonus melee damage and bonus melee crit, just in case it's too hard for you to hover your mouse over the strength attribute on your character window for more than 3 seconds as well.
Willpower gives bonus melee damage, bonus melee crit, bonus force damage and bonus force crit.

Neither directly affects your tanking capability, even less your defense ratings, and both have only a minor effect on your aggro capabilities which are derived from the damage you deal.

Basically, you'll tank way better using a crafted purple strength based shield than you'd do with that blue mission reward you got from Corellia. Even if there was a comparable Willpower based shield, the difference between 43 strength or 43 willpower would be neglectable to a tank. If that's not enough, simply get a critted one, and put willpower in the augment slot.
I'm not trying to be mean, but I had to reply and ask you if you are crazy? Have you ever played a shadow tank?

My abilities are st, tkt, pr, ds, fb maybe spinning strike if I'm feeling funny. I only use one melee ability regularly and that's ds which is pretty laughable for damage considering my force abilities.

The difference in 43 strength or 43 willpower is neglectable for a shadow tank? What? Is that a joke? Hmm, which is more important to me as a tank. Increasing damage/crit on one ability that hits one target or increasing damage/crit on 4+ abilities at least two of which hit multiple targets, oh and heal me, and debuff etc.

Please don't give advice on this unless you've actually played the class. It's very possible to tank using just your force abilities. I seem to have to now that my pa doesn't seem to proc very much.
Try hard is now an insult? At what point did our society degrade so much that trying hard is an insult? What's next? People who perpetuate this idea of "trying hard is a bad thing" are only hurting our society as a whole. They should be removed from it, forcefully if required. You don't randomly allow a cancer to grow, you excise it.

SturmUndSterne
02.16.2012 , 10:58 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Niddhog View Post
What you fail to realize is that after you crit craft, you can drop artifice and level synthweaving. Crit craft your BoP synthweaving belt/bracers then drop it. End on biochem for their BoP stims/adrenals and the money you save/quality of life benefit of reusables.

THAT is the real issue (credits are also a joke). All BoP craft items should require 400 in their respective crew skill to use.
No, you've missed the point as well.

There should BE NO BoP crafting items.

Everything a crafter can make should be sellable on the GTN or tradeable.

That creates a marketplace, instantly makes all crew skills valued, and keeps players from min-maxing their crafts. Period.

"But it just means players with creds can buy the best gear!" They can do that now, they just have to grind a few hours to level up crew skills first, don't they? Cut out the middle-man.

dreamdahon
02.16.2012 , 11:08 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ZudetGambeous View Post
Artifice is not crap at all... you are just doing it wrong...

With artifice I sell 400k in Enhancements daily.

I am capable of crafting for myself the best Relics in the game (even better then Nightmare mode Ops)

I can create the best lightsaber outside of Nightmare mode ops because it can crit an augment slot, and once they allow us to pull the mods out of ops gear it will be even better then the ops ones.

I can create Offhands equal to the Columi offhands which are great for people just getting into ops.

I can create one of the best Color crystals and in a color that is unique to artifice.

So yeah... you are jut doing it wrong I guess... Don't know what else to tell you.
Im with yea. Ive been making a killing selling enhancements. Every day some player with 3 gathering skills hits 50 and buys my stuff. My clients are mostly new 50s, which is fine, there are always more of those. While i might sell 400k worth a day, only 200k is profit. Still I should be at 10 million in a few weeks.

Not to mention got 2 critted relics and a critted lightsaber(with ops enhancements, don't acutally use what i sell), im more than happy with artifice, plus i know it will only get better once they give us some recipe lovin. Then i can sell my critted blades for a small fortune.

Mavnas
02.16.2012 , 11:37 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by dreamdahon View Post
Im with yea. Ive been making a killing selling enhancements. Every day some player with 3 gathering skills hits 50 and buys my stuff. My clients are mostly new 50s, which is fine, there are always more of those. While i might sell 400k worth a day, only 200k is profit. Still I should be at 10 million in a few weeks.

Not to mention got 2 critted relics and a critted lightsaber(with ops enhancements, don't acutally use what i sell), im more than happy with artifice, plus i know it will only get better once they give us some recipe lovin. Then i can sell my critted blades for a small fortune.
So you're making like 400k from TH and archaeology then losing 200k from artificing? Because that's what I'm reading here.

Niddhog
02.16.2012 , 12:41 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by SturmUndSterne View Post

That creates a marketplace, instantly makes all crew skills valued, and keeps players from min-maxing their crafts. Period.

"But it just means players with creds can buy the best gear!" They can do that now, they just have to grind a few hours to level up crew skills first, don't they? Cut out the middle-man.
Hmmm I could see this. My only concern is that if crafting had no benefit beyond credits (as you could simply pay other crafters for their best items), then crafting would be 100% optional. A lot less people would craft, so many less that it might hurt the economy far more than this would help. A lot of people try their hand at crafting/selling to recoup losses on making their BoP gear, without those there would be EVEN MORE holes in the market than there are now due to fewer crafters. It might eventually balance out, with people seeing the holes/their own market flooding, and adjust accordingly for profit... with the increase in sales stimulating the economy enough to actually make said credits worthwhile... which might encourage more to craft...

Its a lot of "what ifs" that are contingent on one another, and far from as certain as you seem to think. I'm just bitter at how half-assed (hell... quarter assed at best) crafting is in this game, and would be willing to try it out. Couldn't be much worse than things are now.

dreamdahon
02.16.2012 , 02:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavnas View Post
So you're making like 400k from TH and archaeology then losing 200k from artificing? Because that's what I'm reading here.
Actually I don't make any money off TH or archaeology. Not that I couldn't, i just use the mats for artifice. All my profits come from artifice I just meant for every 400k i sell 200k was spent on missions or mission recipes or just mats I was short on at any given time. I make way more than I can generate mats for with one character so I do buy when I can find stuff cheap

drosalion
02.16.2012 , 03:18 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Talorra View Post
I've seen those same relics drop from the Infernal Council fight, so's you know. I crafted the artifice power relic and I only use it on fights with distinct burn phases. All other times I have a damage proc relic from KP.
You do realise that the 'same' rakata relic that drops from the HM's doesnt have the augment slot that can be crit-crafted in it yeh?

drosalion
02.16.2012 , 03:19 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SturmUndSterne View Post

Completely agree with the removal of all BoP crafting items, its completely nonsensical.

SturmUndSterne
02.17.2012 , 08:56 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Niddhog View Post
Hmmm I could see this. My only concern is that if crafting had no benefit beyond credits (as you could simply pay other crafters for their best items), then crafting would be 100% optional. A lot less people would craft, so many less that it might hurt the economy far more than this would help. A lot of people try their hand at crafting/selling to recoup losses on making their BoP gear, without those there would be EVEN MORE holes in the market than there are now due to fewer crafters. It might eventually balance out, with people seeing the holes/their own market flooding, and adjust accordingly for profit... with the increase in sales stimulating the economy enough to actually make said credits worthwhile... which might encourage more to craft...

Its a lot of "what ifs" that are contingent on one another, and far from as certain as you seem to think. I'm just bitter at how half-assed (hell... quarter assed at best) crafting is in this game, and would be willing to try it out. Couldn't be much worse than things are now.
Crafting *is* 100% optional. You can get gear in raids that does better than anything you can craft, no?