Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Solution for Companion's crew skill bonuses!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Solution for Companion's crew skill bonuses!

Ras_Thavas's Avatar


Ras_Thavas
05.01.2012 , 11:38 AM | #11
I agree, but why not have all crew members start out at 0% and 0%. Once you start using them for a gathering skill or crafting skill their expertise in that skill increases. It would make sense that the more often you do something the better you will get at it.

lunartic's Avatar


lunartic
05.02.2012 , 12:39 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Okolo View Post
It was stated in the Dev Q&A that crit chance is based off of difficulty, ie orange missions/schematics have a base 10% crit chance and gray/green/yellow have a 15% crit chance.
This is further modified by companion affection, up to an additional 5% at 10k affection for a total of 15% on orange missions/schems and 20% on all others. Any companion crit bonuses then add +1/+2/+5 percent to their respective skill.
Taking my SW for example, Vette has a +5 crit to Treasure Hunting, so I could get a maximum of 20% crit rate on orange missions, or 25% crit rate on gray/green/yellow ones if I have her affection at 10k.

That being said, I don't actually have TH on my SW. While the droid sensors are a step in the right direction, being able to adjust bonuses to what I actually use rather than the semi-random distribution they are now would be awesome.
Ah kk tks for the clarification. Well that makes the companion crit chance even less valuable then. 15 - 20% vs 20 - 25% on companions with 5%crit chance (even less if it's less than 5%). I dont usually bother with companion crit chance cause it doesnt make a whole lot of diff and i craft with all 5 comps. It's a plus but not a necessity