Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ilum - Will it ever be remade? Does Bioware maybe think that it is "fine" and fun?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ilum - Will it ever be remade? Does Bioware maybe think that it is "fine" and fun?

Hurpd
02.15.2012 , 04:36 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Madwooki View Post
Fix Illum Fps issues. Until this is done nothing else matters.
Nvm I forgot game engine cant handle mass pvp my bad.....
THIS THIS THIS THIS. Bioware you are all a bunch of idiots. We are having horrible problems with Ilum and soooo many other aspects of the game its nearly unplayable and yet, what do you focus on? The fricken ability bar. You guys are retarded. Let me stress that point.. RE-TARD-DED. Ban me for calling you that. Ive already unsubscribed and will not re-subscribe until you pull your head out of your *****. Peace out.

gunhir
02.15.2012 , 04:54 PM | #12
I play on a RP-PVP server where for the most part the populations are balanced. In fact, I would say that on my server (Ven Zallow) Ilum is working pretty close to optimum right now. All the action on our server is in the center objective, and it really depends which faction has more people. Both republic and empire control the middle throughout the day (mostly imperials control though) and while this sounds like it's fun, trust me it is not.

Even with fewer players than other servers there are far too many desktop crashes, frame issues, and lag to enjoy that place. I suffer through my daily 30 kills and leave. The map is just not interesting, it's too big, and there are objectives which are mostly unused. They need to patch out the reason for going there, go back to the drawing board and give us something better. Ilum needs a total revamp. I don't want what is being offered, and I resent being forced to go there for my battlemaster bag chance.

Mezira
02.15.2012 , 05:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KonstantinT View Post
There's no strategy in Ilum. That's the problem. It's half baked and rushed just to have something ready by release date. No choke points, no real objectives to be anywhere on the map. It's too easy to take control points, even for a single person. Valor buff is nice and all, but it always goes to those with more people, simple math. Picking up munitions around central point that count for 1 kill each is a stupid way to lure people to the middle. With population imbalance that pretty much makes more numerous faction circle middle riding around looking for munitions since the other faction will never go there.

They'll do something with it. I'm hoping for something resembling Warhammer open world PVP. Hopefully vastly improved and fitted to Star Wars lore. It's not perfect by far, but sadly it's 100 times more fun and diverse than Ilum is right now.
qft. You said it all.
Quote: Originally Posted by pitdingo View Post
Begun, the zerg war has!

Madu
02.15.2012 , 06:02 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DirtyDiggler View Post
PvP We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away!

Love

Bioware
yes, the are strong in will bu weak in doing something! ?ILLUM PVP SUCKS! i better play with myself than play that sith !

Cythis
02.15.2012 , 06:08 PM | #15
They need to just make ilum a zone for all servers until cap then open another and so on. Might not fix the imbalance issue but will be a huge upgrade. Then they need to add in something to fight for. Like bases with unique items/armor you can obtain by controlling and purchase with ilum comms

And feel free to put in a world boss that drops amazing somthing to fight over. Only spawns when both sides are full and special condition has been met. Would love to see a huge AT AT in action
Cythis ~

karnyboy
02.15.2012 , 06:08 PM | #16
I think Ilum should have a tenacity buff like Wintergrasp in WoW for the outnumbered faction.

I mean on my server it's approximately 3:1 or 4:1 on average for Imps to Reps, if I have to fight 3 Imps, then I better be buffed up enough to make that 3 feel like fighting 1v1.

Febibi
02.15.2012 , 06:13 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by dartann View Post
Ilum PVP to me is a grind with no strategy involved. I don't ever go there unless i have to do the weekly/ daily.

It does show the lack of emphasis placed on end game world pvp by BW and its a shame as i thought the 3 wzs were done quite well. Changing the concept of Ilum pvp so quickly after launch is a clear sign the devs wished they had spent more time and effort to come up with a more creative, engaging and fun pvp model.

A revamp of the concept is required to inject playability into the zone. People should feel like doing an Ilum run apart from the weekly/ daily requirements. There are a plethora of pvp concepts in the market and having a look at them and perhaps plagarising some of them might not be such a bad idea.
its a waste of time...no real objective or gains other than lol our 50 beat your 10...

bioware failed and i blame ea
()≡ǁ/////ǁ()ǁǁ[██████████████████████████████) CE Preorder - SITH !

adamantiume
02.15.2012 , 06:15 PM | #18
From Bioware this morning

"We have been aware of this Ilum issue and will work on a resolution to be added in the near future"

From Bioware this afternoon

"After testing Ilum today we have found it is actually working as intended so FU** OFF !"

Bloodtau
02.15.2012 , 06:17 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DirtyDiggler View Post
PvP We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away!

Love

Bioware
Their "experienced team" were consisted of those failures from mythic who screwed up warhammer online's pvp.
Why they would re hire them beats me.

Otega
02.15.2012 , 06:18 PM | #20
I just want to know if someone at Bioware really sat down, looked at Ilum and thought "OMG, what a *********** awesome design! I mean seriously guys, 5 control points in a straight line in a giant *********** map!!! THIS IS REVOLUTIONARY!"

:facepalm
Otega/Shogunate/Tega/Tegas
Shadow/Sage/Commando/Gunslinger
Port Nowhere/Pot5
Alliance Strike Team