Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Allow client updates without needing to log-in

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Allow client updates without needing to log-in

Angry_Ferth
02.15.2012 , 12:14 AM | #1
Hi,

I own two different computers, a laptop and a desktop, both of which are capable of running SW:TOR. But in order to keep them both up to date I need to log in on one, update, then close the launcher and log in again on my other computer.

This seems a bit unnecessary. I've decided recently I'd like to create a character on public test server but in order to get this on both of my computers I need to download two new versions of the client and while doing so I'm unable to play the game at all. And to boot I can't even have them downloading at the same time...

I'm sure it doesn't effect many people but it would still be a great convenience if I could update one of my computers while I play on the other.

mrcaptainpants
02.15.2012 , 12:53 AM | #2
Actually, I've had the very same thought.

I've played several MMO's where just launching the client caused it to update, and you were only prompted to log-in after the update was complete. That's a much more user-friendly system in my opinion.

/signed

EDIT: To add another example of how this would be useful, I play SWTOR on my laptop and have a security key on my account, using my ipod touch as the key generator. If I know that I am not going to have time to play SWTOR, I may not have my ipod with me, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't like to update my client while I'm doing something else. That way, when I return home, my client -- and I -- will be ready to play.

Sknn
02.15.2012 , 01:07 AM | #3
/signed

Angry_Ferth
02.15.2012 , 11:26 PM | #4
Bibbity Bobbity /bump