Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Jedi Shadow, Sith Assassin needs a big nerf soon.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jedi Shadow, Sith Assassin needs a big nerf soon.

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
02.15.2012 , 08:53 PM | #41
The thing is, assassin is fun, to play in PvE. You start nerfing things because some other professions you think should be better, all you do is decrease the games fun factor. Seems to me like a lot of complaints are that x class is not as good as y class so y needs a nerf. You keep it up and what happens is, as one OP class gets nerfed, suddenly there is a class that isn't in check so now the new class is seen as OP and gets nerfed and the cycle repeats until we all lose interest in our characters.

Why don't you all go worry about what is wrong with your classes and start there. When we are all having fun, then we can see if anyone cares what other classes can do.

DarthNorik's Avatar


DarthNorik
02.15.2012 , 09:08 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by bahugboto View Post
-Nevermind just noticed you are another sin, thx for the bump. Here's a hint for you sin bubbles are constant, a Jug damage mitigation last for 10-14 secs depending on spec or gear, and all a sin have to do during this period is to tank or kite and dps, and the Jug is finish, enure is not a permanent heal, 40% damage mitigation is nothing compared to the constant mitigation a sin tanker can proc and the dps and range attacks they can dish out, along with superior CCs, sprint and stealth thrown in, a Sin have to be nerfed i do not even support a pure buff on the weaker chars especially melee, a Sin have to be nerfed to be in line with the rest of the other classes period.
Sin's have a bubble?
Peace is a lie, rejected by all our natural instincts.

Halja's Avatar


Halja
02.16.2012 , 02:06 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNorik View Post
Sin's have a bubble?
Yes. They also shoot lightsabers from thier eyes.
"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle"

Jaan'car Ashan - 50 Shadow - Swiftsure

Vesperr's Avatar


Vesperr
02.16.2012 , 02:34 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by bahugboto View Post
-Nevermind just noticed you are another sin, thx for the bump. Here's a hint for you sin bubbles are constant, a Jug damage mitigation last for 10-14 secs depending on spec or gear, and all a sin have to do during this period is to tank or kite and dps, and the Jug is finish, enure is not a permanent heal, 40% damage mitigation is nothing compared to the constant mitigation a sin tanker can proc and the dps and range attacks they can dish out, along with superior CCs, sprint and stealth thrown in, a Sin have to be nerfed i do not even support a pure buff on the weaker chars especially melee, a Sin have to be nerfed to be in line with the rest of the other classes period.
Woah, woah. New OP class in swtor - ASSASSORCS. Fear them and tremble! /facepalm
>___<
I used to be a ballcarrier until I got Leg Shot in the knee.
I cant post if my playtime is over? What The Fckk?!

Mohawksinspace's Avatar


Mohawksinspace
02.16.2012 , 02:38 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesperr View Post
Woah, woah. New OP class in swtor - ASSASSORCS. Fear them and tremble! /facepalm
New FOTM, im rerolling one now, how bout you?
Ma'iq - Sith Assassin
Darkness - Gardens of Talla
CC Tips:http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=283501

Shardie's Avatar


Shardie
02.16.2012 , 04:56 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Halja View Post
Yes. They also shoot lightsabers from thier eyes.
Yet another reason Bioware favor the Empire, Shadows don't get lightsabers shooting from their eyes, they get pebbles!
The Caaru Legacy
Vennah - lvl 60 Shadow
Vassar - lvl 60 Gunslinger

Smerte's Avatar


Smerte
02.16.2012 , 05:18 AM | #47
Shadows already got nerfed with the 1.1.2 patch. Did you read the patchnotes?

I like the people that write about assassins / shadows kiting people though. We're mostly a melee class, why on earth would we want to kite? I want to be right on top of people, killing them. When I have to start running, it is already too late...

Shadows tanks have the following ranged damage abilities:

- Tele Throw (10m range, which can be buffed by force potency to 30m range, but can only be used once every 2 minutes)
- Project: 10 meter range
- Force slow: 15 meter range (with equipment buff)
- Force stun: 30 meter range (1 min cooldown)

Of course, very sometimes I use forse slow, use sprint to get on 30 meter away, then use my force potency to buff my Telekinetic Throw and shoot pebbles at them from far. But right after I did that, I either run back to them, or use force pull to get them back right on me, so I can start dpsing again.

Assassins / Shadows "kiting"... damn that's new to me


Maybe pure balance shadows might kite a bit, as their skills have more range... But pure balance shadows do not have the tanking ability Kinetic shadows have. They are actually squishy.

All in all I think we do face a good example of people combining all 3 possible shadow trees + a few sage characteristics into one imaginary character.
Smerte
Elise - The Ravager (EU-PVP)
Random PvP video's

Tetriarch's Avatar


Tetriarch
02.16.2012 , 05:49 AM | #48
last time I looked (2 weeks ago), Blizzard was still balancing their classes, after 7+ years.
Point is, make constructive posts with "balanced" suggestions, rather than soaking the forums with moar QQ.

I play both classes and there are strengths and weaknesses inherent to both.

PS I do wish my JK could self heal...

Fairell's Avatar


Fairell
02.16.2012 , 07:57 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Tetriarch View Post
last time I looked (2 weeks ago), Blizzard was still balancing their classes, after 7+ years.
Point is, make constructive posts with "balanced" suggestions, rather than soaking the forums with moar QQ.

I play both classes and there are strengths and weaknesses inherent to both.

PS I do wish my JK could self heal...
that selfheal only matters in 1v1
Fairell - Infiltration Shadow - Darth Traya
Xar'fai Legacy

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
02.16.2012 , 08:14 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Smerte View Post
All in all I think we do face a good example of people combining all 3 possible shadow trees + a few sage characteristics into one imaginary character.
Hey, if it throws lightning (or pebbles) its the same class and build as the last guy I faced; right? So this one that just nuked me can also out tank me like the other guy I saw.