Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Shadow, Sith Assassin needs a big nerf soon.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jedi Shadow, Sith Assassin needs a big nerf soon.

TheLakers
03.20.2012 , 04:35 PM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by Daralith View Post
lolol

Funny how Shadow/Sins go untouched while defense and def/vig hybrid Guardians/Juggs were actually NERFED with undocumented changes on test. It really is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen a development MMO team do.

Sotaudi
03.20.2012 , 06:34 PM | #262
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahugboto
Kinetic ward spammable every 12 sec with 8 wards unlikely to be struck off in normal pvp situations.
Quote: Originally Posted by Dhariq View Post
This has to be the most funny thread in this forum. Do you even understand what you are talking about? *laugh*
Yes it is very unlikely that it is 'struck off' because 50% or so of player abilities just ignore the whole mechanic which makes it op because it is ignore and therefor does nothing? Awesome troll skills!

Also Shadow mean mitigation is only on par with other tank if you have this up. It is even used in all calculations I seen as Shadows normal mitigation and not as a cd ability or anything even though you have to spend force on it and have to use it.
Yes, that has to be the most ridiculous thing he said, which is quite an accomplishment given the nature of his thesis and the other inaccuracies he spouts.

Kinetic Ward increases shield chance and removes one charge each time an attack is shielded. If an attack does not remove a Kinetic Ward, it means the attack went through unshielded. That means the attack completely bypassed the mechanic, and if it bypassed the mechanic, the attack went through unmitigated by the shield. So basically, he is arguing that the ability is OP because it is unlikely that it will do anything to reduce damage to the Shadow.

Commenting further on this convoluted logic would only cheapen the humor it provides.
(██████████████)

Sotaudi
03.20.2012 , 06:42 PM | #263
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLakers View Post
lolol

Funny how Shadow/Sins go untouched while defense and def/vig hybrid Guardians/Juggs were actually NERFED with undocumented changes on test. It really is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen a development MMO team do.
As far as any hybrid spec goes, it should be common knowledge by now that they have stated, as a design philosopy, that hybrid builds will be possible, but they should never be better than a 31 point build.

To that end, they have already nerfed Shadow hybrids in a previous patch by bumping the costs of stance changes to cost 100 Force. That basically means that you have to have a full force bar to make the change stances and you will be out of Force once you do.

Expect that all hybrid builds will be nerfed if they are performing better than a pure build.
(██████████████)

MrXen
03.21.2012 , 01:54 AM | #264
Quote: Originally Posted by Daralith View Post
All against terribad players, note the enemy players having 5- kills entirely, and nearly no damage/protection/healing and like 30 deaths.

Against sub-humans I too can get big numbers.

TheLakers
03.21.2012 , 11:14 AM | #265
Quote: Originally Posted by MrXen View Post

Against sub-humans I too can get big numbers.
Only if you're a shadow tank though.

Big numbers against a bad ops is one thing, Shadow Tanks are a completely broken other thing. And there are plenty of pics around of good Shadow tanks putting up 500-600kdmg, 100-200k protection and 100k healing against decent players.

It's really dumb how broken they are. Bioware has no idea how to balance classes.

EndeonInfurio
04.03.2012 , 09:41 PM | #266
***!? I'm a lvl 48 sin and i suck at pvp. i mean there are days where i actually play hard and dominate at pvp, but that is only because i know how to play smart and use my abilities right. You must remember that sins/shadows use light armor and even in tanking stance (i believe it gives a 150% armor rating) if you do the math a jug/guardian has a much higher armor rate. As for the high amounts of damage, i play a dps sin and the dps tree is really good i get 3k-4k damage pve with one of my good abilities, and if i just go tank stance then i raise my armor that's probably what the shadow/sins you are fighting do, go up a dps tree but use a tank stance.
Another thing, you never told us what lvl you were or what class, so that might factor in as well as how much skill you have. This game relays on your ability to use the right moves at the right times, so say you are using an interrupt on an useless ability, and then the sin/shadow uses a powerful ability while your interrupt is cooling down. You can't just go nerfing him/her because of that incident, it was your fault for using the interrupt on the useless ability in the first place (I use this as an example i did not mean to insult you idk if you used an interrupt on a useless ability).
If you play a sin/shadow you will see that its not an overpowered class, because it totally relies on your tactics and gameplay (i.e the use of stealth to leave a situation where you will almost die is not a bad thing. if you had that ability you would use it too). the surprise attack maneuvers is the only way a sin/shadow can start a fight as well as other dps/tanks can, and the fact that you cant use stealth in combat and the ability to stealth outta combat has a two minute cool down shows how much stealth can actually do for you. The sin/shadow can't really ranged dps since they have like 3 or 4 crappy ranged abilities and most of their heavy hitters require the sin/shadow to go melee proves that fact.
All I'm saying is the assassin/shadow advanced classes shouldn't be nerfed because of negative stereotypes like this. Most people in warzones think i can tank/dps really well and the opposite side always swarms on me and kills me, which is really irritating because i get like 2-3 medals per warzone and other classes usually get like 6+ medals just because every time i leave base without stealth i get swarmed/ No the assassin/shadow is not overpowered just because one or two high leveled well geared assassins/shadows beat you in pvp and if you still think they are overpowered play a sin/shadow and see for yourself, they are just as strong as every other class, it only depends how well you can play with them.
__________________________________________________ ________________________
Vader-" Luke... I AM YOUR FATHER!"
Luke-" the ****? where is my child support bit**! i lived in a desert for 18 F###ing years with a pedophilistic old man, a retarded uncle and a useless aunt? and now you tell your my father, AFTER YOU CUT OF MY *********** HAND!?"
Vader-"..."
Luke-"..."
Vader-"wanna go get a ice-cream or something?"
Luke-"sure why not"

Jsunftw
04.04.2012 , 12:14 AM | #267
Quote: Originally Posted by spacerobot View Post
I'm a shadow and I suck at PvP. I must be doing something wrong. Please don't nerf me.
doing it wrong, i also don't play kinetic though i play infil like a boss
Wall Of Light
Jsun 50 GunSlinger
Usagi 50 Shadow

NoTomorrow
04.04.2012 , 12:34 AM | #268
just tone down their DPS in tanking stance. Make them feel and play like real tanks.

LegitChOObz
04.04.2012 , 04:07 AM | #269
I play as an assassin mainly and i feel that it can be both. I can take down 2-man groups in pvp usually. I notice in mobs I feel a bit weak with the fact that most abilities are 10m or less range which is irritating against ranged people that keep knocking you back or stunning you. I've heard that they plan to buff it up in 1.2 and plan do nerf the sorceror.

I also have a ,friend lvl 50 assassin, in my guild that does 1v2 duels all the time where he goes against another person with their companion. He wins almost every time with less than 30% hp lost. He is extremely overpowered like you said. However not all builds are as powerful and pve builds can make the assassin bad in pvp.

Technohic
04.04.2012 , 06:49 AM | #270
I have a level 48 assassin now so; not sure how it plays out in 50 but I will say it seems to depend on what the classes are made up of that my assassin is going against; not to mention if I am getting healed by a well hidden teammate; I will seem god like. I will say that coming nerfs to some other classes just might make the OPness a reality if it happens to be nerfing the classes that do great "yellow" damage against us; as we seem to have a huge resistance to "white" damage.

I think that is an underlying problem in this game; TBH. Even though it isn't really yellow vs white but my point is the different type of damage out there is unbalanced between the types. The "yellow" or force/tech type damages get away with bypassing too much while the "white" ranged/melee or whatever it is weapon damage gets mitigated too much. Fix that and you fix assassin without nerfing. Fix that; and I imagine other pending nerfs could have been avoided. Fix that and watch snipers smile.