Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If all you do is PvP why are you on a PvE server??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
If all you do is PvP why are you on a PvE server??

Apphael
02.14.2012 , 09:06 PM | #21
First of all: how do YOU know they havent done their class quest and dont pve aswell?
Second: though luck, if their better... their better and thats that...
On my server we usually get steamrolled aswell cause imp side consists of players that either halfhearted pvp or just suck at it. Nothing you or i can do aboout it, apart from rolling the other side.
Alot of pvpers roll on pve servers, theres many reasons for this and im not going to go through them (theres already a thread on this here on the forums, although a bit old).

edit:
To reverse your question; if your on a pve server, why do you PVP? See what i did there?

Telos
02.14.2012 , 09:13 PM | #22
because world pvp always, ALWAYS degenerates into high level ganking.

if you don't like getting rolled constantly by a pvp guild, you have two options... make one of your own and fight back, or shut up.
SOONERS

DarthRamette
02.14.2012 , 09:16 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Apphael View Post
First of all: how do YOU know they havent done their class quest and dont pve aswell?
Second: though luck, if their better... their better and thats that...
On my server we usually get steamrolled aswell cause imp side consists of players that either halfhearted pvp or just suck at it. Nothing you or i can do aboout it, apart from rolling the other side.
Alot of pvpers roll on pve servers, theres many reasons for this and im not going to go through them (theres already a thread on this here on the forums, although a bit old).
I know from first hand knowledge, a player who was once in the guild quit and rolled Imp. He said that around 30% or so found the PvE part boring as all heck and love to PvP. He wanted to PvE and do class quests and they said that they have become a PvP only guild and the storylines suck and they want nothing to do with them.

I know not everyone will agree with me but this is my opinion and my husband's as well. To the person who called me a Troll, nice way to resort to name calling.

Telos
02.14.2012 , 09:17 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
I know from first hand knowledge, a player who was once in the guild quit and rolled Imp. He said that around 30% or so found the PvE part boring as all heck and love to PvP. He wanted to PvE and do class quests and they said that they have become a PvP only guild and the storylines suck and they want nothing to do with them.

I know not everyone will agree with me but this is my opinion and my husband's as well. To the person who called me a Troll, nice way to resort to name calling.
that isn't firsthand knowledge. that's secondhand heresay. are you really this dumb? i hope not.
SOONERS

Apphael
02.14.2012 , 09:29 PM | #25
Quote:
that isn't firsthand knowledge. that's secondhand heresay. are you really this dumb? i hope not.
This.
And why do you complain? Cause you get steamrolled by a pvp only guild in a wz? WZ being PVP? If you dont like pvp then dont play it, if you suck at it get better and fight back.

LanceUpercutt
02.14.2012 , 09:32 PM | #26

trolls gonna troll

Ilintar
02.14.2012 , 09:50 PM | #27
I don't see any use for PvP servers without real in-world PvP mechanics built in. If the game featured some rewards for taking some areas away from the opponent, allowed factions to control areas based on PvP battles and so on, a PvP server makes sense. As it is, the only thing PvP servers have over PvE is the ability to kill enemy players on sight anywhere, which usually boils down to groups riding around farming opposing faction's lowbies.

Short version: there's nothing with respect to competitive PvP that PvP servers have to offer over PvE servers. It's not like you're gonna learn anything about PvP strategies fighting 1v3 battles.
Ilum PvP proposal - read here

Ozzone
02.14.2012 , 09:50 PM | #28
On my server which is a PvE server there is a Republic guild that constantly do PvP. Very few of them have gone past lvl 35 on thier respective class stories and simply leveled via PvP. If they love PvPing so much why are they on a PvE server. I can not play PvP or my husband and enjoy it due to seeing them always playing as a group in darn near every battleground. I am sick of getting ganked by them when that is all they do. They need to go to a PvP server if they love to PvP so much. It has totally taken the fun out of PvPing for my husband and I.
They PvP on a PvE server because they are a bunch of wusses that love griefing care bears and consider it a big win if the care bears post about it.
Rumor has it that Operatives/Scoundrels have been nerfed more and faster than any class in MMO history. Well playing one it feels like it.

Frostbyt
02.14.2012 , 09:51 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Evuke View Post
Many people are afraid of world pvp, so they roll on pve servers where they are safe from being ganked.
being ganked isn't PvP . One player attacks the other bends over, at least in wow I could bubble hearth

Bloodtau
02.14.2012 , 09:52 PM | #30
This game doesn't have pvp.