Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If all you do is PvP why are you on a PvE server??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
If all you do is PvP why are you on a PvE server??

Sabbathius
02.14.2012 , 08:48 PM | #11
I'm on a PvP server, but kinda wish I went PvE instead.

World PvP sucks in this game, and people who partake in it suck even more. Not once was I attacked without overwhelming odds. Ever. Never had a player my level roll up, politely wait until I finished killing the mobs, and duke it out with me. Which is a civilized thing to do. It's always some spineless twit jumping you when you already have your hands full with a hard pull.

Henu
02.14.2012 , 08:52 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabbathius View Post
I'm on a PvP server, but kinda wish I went PvE instead.

World PvP sucks in this game, and people who partake in it suck even more. Not once was I attacked without overwhelming odds. Ever. Never had a player my level roll up, politely wait until I finished killing the mobs, and duke it out with me. Which is a civilized thing to do. It's always some spineless twit jumping you when you already have your hands full with a hard pull.
Yup i agree, PVE > PVP servers. and PVE servers still give you the option to flag up for PVP in open world if you wish.

I saw a video of about 4 or 5 guys ganking on Tat, picking on people 4 lvls below them. why would anyone want this? its not fun.
Kripty / Snips

Narat
02.14.2012 , 08:54 PM | #13
ha ha ha i argued this rational during beta no one listened and its exactly as i predicted....Wheres that Hutt? he owes me money.....
*Jedi Covenant*
Narat - Sage / Anasazi - Guardian
Icok - Commando / Jackalman - Shadow
Rodman - vanguard / Q'tesh - Gun Slinger

DarthRamette
02.14.2012 , 08:54 PM | #14
I guess what irks me the most is if they want to PvP so much then go to a PvP server and pvP to their little heart's content. Not doing anything past lvl 30 or so of your class quest is wrong (imo) as well. I feel they are taking the cowards way out by only PvPing in wzs and not going to a PvP server and doing it out in the open.

LanceUpercutt
02.14.2012 , 08:56 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
I guess what irks me the most is if they want to PvP so much then go to a PvP server and pvP to their little heart's content. Not doing anything past lvl 30 or so of your class quest is wrong (imo) as well. I feel they are taking the cowards way out by only PvPing in wzs and not going to a PvP server and doing it out in the open.
stop "feeling" and start thinking logically

DarthRamette
02.14.2012 , 08:57 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceUpercutt View Post
stop "feeling" and start thinking logically
Oh I can think logically, how would you think Mr. Logic.

Rhazesx
02.14.2012 , 08:57 PM | #17
I switched pve servers a few years ago so I can actually play my alts when I want where I want and not have 30 people 40 levels above 1 shotting me over and over.

Detharin
02.14.2012 , 08:58 PM | #18
Because I lost the vote for which server type we would be on. Our guild decided on a PVE server. Id rather have them around to do content and PVE with than find some random guild on a PVP server to run with.

Riulassher
02.14.2012 , 08:59 PM | #19
My PVP oriented guild went to PVE server simply because it wasn't interested in meaningless world ganking and smarta**es that usually gather on PVP servers. They expected Illum and warzones to good enough.

I left the server out of boredom at level 20, I didn't like the idea of not being able to kill an opposite faction player on sight.

Though...I'd say their fears were totally unwarranted. Open World PVP in this game is nearly nonexistent and one can breeze through shared planets and contested areas without ever seeing a single enemy soul.

To OP: You are entering a PVP match between two teams. You can't get angry at people, who formed a guild to play the game as it is intended, that is just unreasonable.

LanceUpercutt
02.14.2012 , 08:59 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
Oh I can think logically, how would you think Mr. Logic.
must be a troll