Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The reason Sorcerer/Sage CC is OP in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The reason Sorcerer/Sage CC is OP in PvP

Tumri
02.14.2012 , 08:28 PM | #11
If you scroll up you'd see that the old thread reached 1000+ posts and the GM made restarted it in a new thread while locking the old one.
Wrath
Pre-Launch Hardcore Guild that has moved on to better games.
www.wrathnation.com

Grubfist
02.14.2012 , 08:30 PM | #12
Regarding the AoE blind on bubble break: It's balanced....IF they add 2 conditions:

1. ONLY when the bubble breaks FROM DAMAGE should it do this.

2. Only the bubble cast ON THE USER WITH THE TALENT should have this effect. Currently all bubbles placed by someone with this talent on any teammate, etc will cause this effect to go off.

wwkingms
02.14.2012 , 08:32 PM | #13
im goign to randomly pick things out this bad is complaining about

so we shouldnt have static barrier.. or at least to way to make it 20% more powerful? HOLY GOD 20%

i guess the class with the lowest hP and lowest dmg mitigation should not have a bubble huh?

who should?
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Aidank
02.14.2012 , 08:34 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lormif View Post
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEARN TO READ. I said it was the class most related to fantasy which most RPG players are used to.
Quote:
and what most people who like starwars relate to
???

If you think star wars fans relate more to infinite force lightning from 8 people in a warzone more than jedi knights then I'm not sure what to tell you.
Quote: Originally Posted by HileyQuiggley View Post
Nerf Grav Round are you serious? What else could we possibly do after that?

Tumri
02.14.2012 , 08:35 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post

so we shouldnt have static barrier.. or at least to way to make it 20% more powerful? HOLY GOD 20%

i guess the class with the lowest hP and lowest dmg mitigation should not have a bubble huh?

who should?
Read the thread. I actually defend the bubble AND the talent for Sorcerers. Other people actually posted that the bubble needed to be nerfed and I explained that it was a key part of the class and that it was balanced. You've made at least 10 posts in the old thread. I'm asking, no, pleading you to read the entire OP. Read the whole thing and let it sink in. Then post.
Wrath
www.wrathnation.com

Tumri
02.14.2012 , 08:36 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Grubfist View Post
Regarding the AoE blind on bubble break: It's balanced....IF they add 2 conditions:

2. Only the bubble cast ON THE USER WITH THE TALENT should have this effect. Currently all bubbles placed by someone with this talent on any teammate, etc will cause this effect to go off.
WOW I wasn't even aware of this... That's just... Wow overpowered.
Wrath
www.wrathnation.com

biowareftw
02.14.2012 , 08:36 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Lormif View Post
Well seeing how it is the class move related to a fantasy rpg that most are used to, and what most people who like starwars relate to, yes, I did think they did that.
Yeah cus the messianic hero figure from Star Wars never used his melee abilities, and was a iconic caster class.

Oh wait...that was the villain.

Are you trying to say this is the "mage class" which is why it is overpopulated?

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census...ervertypeid=-1

Nope that argument doesn't seem to hold water either.

How about it being the second easiest class to master and having the only OP hybrid spec, while other hybrid specs were nerfed (when noone even complained about them).

How about the fact that when you don't cleanse, heal or throw bubbles on other people and still be top dawg on dmg, and if you DO? You are OP as hell.

How about not really having to manage a resource in comparison to other classes, having the best CC, being the only decent offhealing dps in the game ( a shield on another player is the best instant heal in the game due to no dispel)?

Yup everything that makes the hybrid spec OP has NOTHING to do with it being overplayed and mass rerolled to.

It is all cus it is the "mage class", even though in game play, sniper/slinger is more of a traditional mage class because they don't heal (mages aren't supposed to) and have to actually cast things with cast times with a more fun and difficult rotation.

The scoundrel story is also WAY better then the sage one. So why are there so few slingers in comparison? Must be the awesome helms the sages get right? LOL at whoever designed those.

Oh and for those saying they can't nerf us cus we make up the majority of their playerbase?

LOL at that logic. The casters in WoW are 10 x as difficult to play. This game is the only place someone who is not very good at all can play a ranged class (minus slinger/sniper) and do very well. They wouldn't lose any of you to WoW, they would just make the non hybrid sage/sorc happier in this game...

Win/Win for Bioware/EA.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Aidank
02.14.2012 , 08:39 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post

who should?

Considering a double bubbling sorcerer takes more damage to kill than a DPS powertech with their 25% dmg reduction shield up (With armor mitigation taken into account, and the difference in their health pools) even when you discount all of their crowd control and mobility sorcerers are hardly squishy
Quote: Originally Posted by HileyQuiggley View Post
Nerf Grav Round are you serious? What else could we possibly do after that?

Kelticfury
02.14.2012 , 08:41 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Aidank View Post
Naturally you would expect sages to roll other classes once they hit 50, but it's more common to have people from every other class rerolling sages.
Probably because the FotM crowd chooses their class based on the cries of OP in forums.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVarrak View Post
To quote Mace Windu "Im tired of these mofo Sith in this mofo galaxy"
Dancing is OP!111 Video evidence!11

wwkingms
02.14.2012 , 08:42 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aidank View Post
Considering a double bubbling sorcerer takes more damage to kill than a DPS powertech with their 25% dmg reduction shield up (With armor mitigation taken into account, and the difference in their health pools) even when you discount all of their crowd control and mobility sorcerers are hardly squishy
mobility.... grapple

bye mobility

**** plz
NIHIL

THE BASTION