Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Vader really that awesome

DrSuSe
02.14.2012 , 07:48 PM | #1
I'm just thinking Darth Vader is huge and slow he can't shoot lighting and he can barley move his lightsaber. The only reason he killed the emperor is because he manned up in front of his son and threw THREW not fight THREW him in the pit. Anyone can take vader like that just keep your distance or you'll be on Vaders back.
To be the best is not Republic or Sith it's a Bounty Hunter

LeContrapasso
02.14.2012 , 07:52 PM | #2
Well for those that played Star Wars Battle Front 2 Darth Vader was horrible, but then again so was Yoda. Vader is too bulky. Also, you have to consider that even Darth Sidious wanted to replace Vader after he was defeated on Mustafar and burned. He wanted to recruit a new replacement for Vader. Or at least certain books make it seem that way.

DrSuSe
02.14.2012 , 07:55 PM | #3
Ya thats my point he can be killed easy in a battlefield by trying to turn around he would be shot half way because he is a slower than a turtle
To be the best is not Republic or Sith it's a Bounty Hunter

meshade
02.14.2012 , 08:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DrSuSe View Post
Ya thats my point he can be killed easy in a battlefield by trying to turn around he would be shot half way because he is a slower than a turtle
Even if he couldn't deflect blaster shots with his lightsaber (which he can) his armor could withstand them.

In the movie he blocks them with his bare hands and in the game he takes shots withotu any problems.
It burns, it rips, it hurts

LeContrapasso
02.14.2012 , 08:04 PM | #5
That's a good point and he is an interesting character even if he isn't physically the coolest person in the movies. His flawed personality really makes him cool to a lot of people watching the movies. Also, his attempt at redemption made him a lot cooler in my mind... but I will never forgive him for killing the jedi.

flamefangahs
02.14.2012 , 08:14 PM | #6
Eh, I think they could have done a lot better with Darth Vader considering he was supposed to be "the chosen one" to bring balance to the force. Not to mention he had a stronger connection to the force than even Master Yoda. He should have been a lot more powerful than he was and he should certainly have been more powerful than Palpatine.

AydenStorm
02.14.2012 , 08:15 PM | #7
Once Vader acclimated to his suit he became even more powerful and deadly. He augmented his Form V Djem-so to compliment his new strength, size and reach. While he may not have been as agile as he once was, he was by no means a lumbering oaf.

Jorander
02.14.2012 , 08:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DrSuSe View Post
I'm just thinking Darth Vader is huge and slow he can't shoot lighting and he can barley move his lightsaber. The only reason he killed the emperor is because he manned up in front of his son and threw THREW not fight THREW him in the pit. Anyone can take vader like that just keep your distance or you'll be on Vaders back.
Vader can exert several tons of kinetic force at once through the Force, and he was sand-bagging whenever he fought Luke in the OT. If he wanted Luke dead, he would have moved faster than Luke's eyes would have been capable of tracking at the time, and hit him with a blow powerful enough to rend durasteel. Vader was a scary son of a *****.
"Honor is a fool's prize." Darth Bane
"Love will not condemn you, love will save you." Jolee Bindo
"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." Kreia. The wisest teachers of the force to ever live.

taelinn
02.14.2012 , 08:27 PM | #9
To be honest, I think almost ALL the major OT characters are made more powerful than they should be, simply because it's George Lucas's original characters, especially Luke, Vader/Anakin, and Sidious, a lot of people take Lucas's word as law, personally, I don't because the Star Wars Universe, thanks to all the EU has gone far beyond EU, and if you go by Lucas's words, I'm pretty sure he said Palpatine died on Endor, he never had any clones, etc. GL doesn't care about EU, he wants the OT characters to be the most powerful in Star Wars, because he came up with the idea of them, at the very beginning of Star wars.

MajinEddie
02.14.2012 , 08:42 PM | #10
A mage in wow would kyte and icelance vader to death.