Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

legacy name/xp. 1 question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
legacy name/xp. 1 question

shhfiftyfive
12.13.2011 , 09:26 AM | #1
specifically, i want to know if legacy is shared account-wide, or is it restricted to a single server?

my logic breaks down like this:
1. since we need to play more than 4 characters to cover all the crafting professions,
2. and we aren't allowed to mail cross-faction,
3. and there are only 8 slots per server,
4. that means i'll basically be playing on 2 servers. 1 republic, and 1 empire. with 6-8 characters on each side/server.

i know it's silly that i feel the need to have every profession/crew skill for all my alts. i hate that there are so many crafting skills and you can only choose 1 per character.

i also think it sucks we are restricted to 8 slots per server, since we can only play 1 at a time i don't understand the restriction.

but it will also suck if the legacy doesn't carry over to your entire account and is restricted to your server.

IIII-IIII-IIII
12.13.2011 , 09:26 AM | #2
Single server.
Operative Iron Citadel
Infiltration, Manipulation, Assassination

Grihm
12.13.2011 , 09:36 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by shhfiftyfive View Post
specifically, i want to know if legacy is shared account-wide, or is it restricted to a single server?

my logic breaks down like this:
1. since we need to play more than 4 characters to cover all the crafting professions,
2. and we aren't allowed to mail cross-faction,
3. and there are only 8 slots per server,
4. that means i'll basically be playing on 2 servers. 1 republic, and 1 empire. with 6-8 characters on each side/server.

i know it's silly that i feel the need to have every profession/crew skill for all my alts. i hate that there are so many crafting skills and you can only choose 1 per character.

i also think it sucks we are restricted to 8 slots per server, since we can only play 1 at a time i don't understand the restriction.

but it will also suck if the legacy doesn't carry over to your entire account and is restricted to your server.

As a bit of an added question to this so we wont need another new thread.

When choosing a name, and one day earn a title or rank, will you be able to alter the name or choose how it is shown?

I read something about this in legacy-names but i thought about titles such as the Darth title as well. Could a player named for example Jamaro only be called Darth Jamaro or will he be able to pick yet another name for his Darth title? Like for instance with Anakin that became Vader etc?

Frigidman
12.13.2011 , 10:06 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Grihm View Post
As a bit of an added question to this so we wont need another new thread.

When choosing a name, and one day earn a title or rank, will you be able to alter the name or choose how it is shown?

I read something about this in legacy-names but i thought about titles such as the Darth title as well. Could a player named for example Jamaro only be called Darth Jamaro or will he be able to pick yet another name for his Darth title? Like for instance with Anakin that became Vader etc?
There are separate "Titles" you earn throughout progression and deeds/missions you accomplish. The legacy "name" is a last name (surname) or badge (shown UNDER your name). You can choose how to display it (or not at all).

So if your legacy name was "Blitz" and your character was "John", and he was a jedi... you could eventually be:

Jedi Knight John Blitz
Hire website designers that actually have had real life experience in the job.
Then let me know so I can return to the forum.

Chronocrosselite
12.13.2011 , 12:17 PM | #5
does everyone get to get a legacy name? or are they limiting them to like first come first serve i.e. like the first few thousand players etc.

Kalphoenix
12.13.2011 , 12:24 PM | #6
It's part of a game mechanic, everyone will pick one. Last I heard they had to be universally unique, but I am hoping this has since changed and it is now by server.

Chronocrosselite
12.13.2011 , 12:28 PM | #7
i was just curious cause of the early access. I wanted to make sure that id be able to get a legacy name at the very least.

Grihm
12.13.2011 , 01:10 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Frigidman View Post
There are separate "Titles" you earn throughout progression and deeds/missions you accomplish. The legacy "name" is a last name (surname) or badge (shown UNDER your name). You can choose how to display it (or not at all).

So if your legacy name was "Blitz" and your character was "John", and he was a jedi... you could eventually be:

Jedi Knight John Blitz
Roger that. Better get on with hunting glory then
Found an option of how to show legacy and such in the menu. Have to check this out more closely but it is a good start. Just hoping they donīt throw out titles to anyone that can walk.

Frigidman
12.13.2011 , 09:32 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Grihm View Post
Roger that. Better get on with hunting glory then
Found an option of how to show legacy and such in the menu. Have to check this out more closely but it is a good start. Just hoping they donīt throw out titles to anyone that can walk.
You didn't get the "First Stepper" title by walking from the first door? Hmm, go back and do it again

I jest.
Hire website designers that actually have had real life experience in the job.
Then let me know so I can return to the forum.

Czavier
12.14.2011 , 12:07 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Chronocrosselite View Post
does everyone get to get a legacy name? or are they limiting them to like first come first serve i.e. like the first few thousand players etc.
Everyone earns their legacy name after completing Act 1. Everyone.
||||||(•)||Ξ[█████████████████████War Pigs█████████████████████)