Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Clone Wars vs Old Clone wars

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
New Clone Wars vs Old Clone wars

Cassidan
03.25.2012 , 10:46 PM | #31
I am a much bigger fan of the new series versus the old one. The old series had no depth to it and was too over-the-top. The whole episode involving Mace Windu and the stamping machine was ridiculous in my opinion. From the standing in the middle of a massive army acting like Neo from The Matrix, to the largest jump in the history of Star Wars onto the machine's bridge, the episode really was out of place with Star Wars.

I felt like I was watching a watered down version of Japanese Animation. It was alright as a little filler between shows as it was originally used, but as a stand-alone series it is nowhere near as complex as the new series has become. Yes, the new series went through some growing pains at the beginning, but you can't deny just how dark and intriguing the series has become. From the on-screen murder of helpless slaves, to the inner battle within Anakin that is really fleshing out his darker side, the series has really matured over the past couple of seasons. I can't wait to see what is to come.
In J.J. We Trust

deneric
03.25.2012 , 11:05 PM | #32
Personally, I'm a big fan of how artistically done the original clone wars cartoon was done, it's a shame I couldn't get into it when I was younger and it was actually on TV. Not to say I don't really enjoy this new series.
SWG (PRE-CU) Kettemoor Veteran!

KingKolKappi
03.25.2012 , 11:18 PM | #33
The new series is ok i like it a lot more now than i used to, however i still like the original better no stupid episodes abot jar jar or the droids. Also i absolutely hate new greivous though i do like cad bane